Gargling w/ Salt

EnergyGal

I think it could not hurt to do this every single day. Some ENT's site say it can hurt your throat but they are trying to sell you this irrigation machine and that you can also use in your throat. I see no difference. keep it simple

I think I might use 1/4 teaspoon of salt to a small cup of water but I do not measure.

I cannot believe the difference in mucus production to color and consistency. The reduction for me is incredible.

jfarel

I tried it and brought nothing up in the way of mucus. Could be because I already to the Hypertonic saline twice a day though. The hypertonic saline works great though.

jfarel

I tried it and brought nothing up in the way of mucus. Could be because I already to the Hypertonic saline twice a day though. The hypertonic saline works great though.

jfarel

jfarel

jfarel

EnergyGal

I have not had much mucus since I have been gargling daily. I saw maybe one tiny mucus plug for a few days after when I saw many and now I do not see anymore at all. I am sure i knocked down the pseudo count bigtime.

I think if you are using hypertonic saline that you would be having a similar experience as gargling.

I think for me why it is working so well. I irrigate FIRST and if there is any mucus between my sinus and throat, I can bring it out through gargling. I think the salt water draws it out in ways I cannot see.

If it is good for us, let us keep it up.

My Mother told me about this for so many years and yes i tried it but never paid attention to how great it can be.

EnergyGal

I have not had much mucus since I have been gargling daily. I saw maybe one tiny mucus plug for a few days after when I saw many and now I do not see anymore at all. I am sure i knocked down the pseudo count bigtime.

I think if you are using hypertonic saline that you would be having a similar experience as gargling.

I think for me why it is working so well. I irrigate FIRST and if there is any mucus between my sinus and throat, I can bring it out through gargling. I think the salt water draws it out in ways I cannot see.

My Mother told me about this for so many years and yes i tried it but never paid attention to how great it can be.

EnergyGal

EnergyGal

EnergyGal

Liza

Hi ya'll! There is an actual recipe for making the sinus rinse if you don't want to buy it. Anna uses the NeilMed Sinus rinse now but we used to just make it and use a baby boogie sucker (those big blue ones). You aren't supposed to use regular salt. Being here in CA (on that seemingly endless wait for transplant) I don't have the recipe with me but I will get my husband to sign on here tomorrow and post it for anyone that might be interested. He is an ENT PA, I am sure he'd be happy to offer some tips if needed.

Liza

Hi ya'll! There is an actual recipe for making the sinus rinse if you don't want to buy it. Anna uses the NeilMed Sinus rinse now but we used to just make it and use a baby boogie sucker (those big blue ones). You aren't supposed to use regular salt. Being here in CA (on that seemingly endless wait for transplant) I don't have the recipe with me but I will get my husband to sign on here tomorrow and post it for anyone that might be interested. He is an ENT PA, I am sure he'd be happy to offer some tips if needed.

Liza

Liza

Liza

LeneSouthAfrica

Well I have a few questions about this process, like is 'irrigation' just snorting salt water up your nostrils and blowing it out? I have read your description and I get the tilting head part but the rest is a mystery...How many ml do you use in total, and once the saline is up there what do you do? (ok sorry here comes the gross part) Do you just squirt it in and blow it out into tissues, let it trickle out your nostils or do you use some suction in your throat to get it to come out your mouth? Do you pinch your nose and shake your head around until you get the upside-down-in-swimming-pool feeling (lol)? Do you use a normal needleless syringe or a special goodie to get it right up there?
Then how long do you gargle afterwards...30 seconds?
(Yay, Risa, great topic: thats why I like coming to this forum!)
Lene'

LeneSouthAfrica

Well I have a few questions about this process, like is 'irrigation' just snorting salt water up your nostrils and blowing it out? I have read your description and I get the tilting head part but the rest is a mystery...How many ml do you use in total, and once the saline is up there what do you do? (ok sorry here comes the gross part) Do you just squirt it in and blow it out into tissues, let it trickle out your nostils or do you use some suction in your throat to get it to come out your mouth? Do you pinch your nose and shake your head around until you get the upside-down-in-swimming-pool feeling (lol)? Do you use a normal needleless syringe or a special goodie to get it right up there?
Lene'

LeneSouthAfrica

Lene'

LeneSouthAfrica

Lene'