Getting Started

Paige2007UGrad

Thank you. I can be an easily stressed person. Its is good to know that I have kind of a support group here. It really helps me a lot. I know I don't visit very often, but I have a feeling it will get to be a lot more often as the process continues. I have also been a little stressed about CF in general... once in a while I need a boost because I know the health of my husband could change so suddenly.

Anyway, PLUCKY could you tell us the name of the procedures or tests? We need to as well save money the best we can.

Amanda Paige

Paige2007UGrad

Thank you. I can be an easily stressed person. Its is good to know that I have kind of a support group here. It really helps me a lot. I know I don't visit very often, but I have a feeling it will get to be a lot more often as the process continues. I have also been a little stressed about CF in general... once in a while I need a boost because I know the health of my husband could change so suddenly.

Anyway, PLUCKY could you tell us the name of the procedures or tests? We need to as well save money the best we can.

Amanda Paige

Paige2007UGrad

Amanda Paige

Paige2007UGrad

Amanda Paige

Paige2007UGrad

Amanda Paige

julie

Amanda, when you say grant, are you talking about the INCIID scholarship? If so, the IVF doctor I used, Dr. Opsahl participates with the INCIID scholarship. He has an office in kirkland (about 20 minutes from Seattle) and an office IN seattle too.

You are in my prayers!

julie

Amanda, when you say grant, are you talking about the INCIID scholarship? If so, the IVF doctor I used, Dr. Opsahl participates with the INCIID scholarship. He has an office in kirkland (about 20 minutes from Seattle) and an office IN seattle too.

You are in my prayers!

julie

You are in my prayers!

julie

You are in my prayers!

julie

You are in my prayers!

julie

They need to test his FSH, LH, TSH and testosterone levels. If those are all within normal range, the chance of him having sperm is high. We only did the biopsy because it was free (through the Navy) otherwise we would have just gone with the blood tests (although they were abnormal in Mark's case).

The thing I liked about the IVF office I used is that Dr. Opsahl has experience with men with CF and the sperm retrieval. There aren't too many offices out there where the Reproductive Endo. can also do a sperm retrieval. The cost was $600 for the retrieval plus $500 for the anesthesia.

If you need an example letter for INCIID, I can send you ours. I was in their top 5 picked for that cycle. I'm excited for you guys!

julie

They need to test his FSH, LH, TSH and testosterone levels. If those are all within normal range, the chance of him having sperm is high. We only did the biopsy because it was free (through the Navy) otherwise we would have just gone with the blood tests (although they were abnormal in Mark's case).

The thing I liked about the IVF office I used is that Dr. Opsahl has experience with men with CF and the sperm retrieval. There aren't too many offices out there where the Reproductive Endo. can also do a sperm retrieval. The cost was $600 for the retrieval plus $500 for the anesthesia.

If you need an example letter for INCIID, I can send you ours. I was in their top 5 picked for that cycle. I'm excited for you guys!

julie

julie

julie

Paige2007UGrad

Thank you very much Julie. I will go ahead and pass that info onto my husband so he can start calling the insurance company and drs about it to see where he should get this done and how much it might cost.

I appreciate everyone for being patient with my questions... and PLUCKY through PM. Like you we are doing everything in our power to make this happen. Its a clear goal. You all give me so much hope.

Julie, I am especially grateful for your website, because it was what got us going on this and since then I have so much hope for this. I visit your website often, and especially lately more often because it is helping me research what we need to do.

Amanda

Paige2007UGrad

Thank you very much Julie. I will go ahead and pass that info onto my husband so he can start calling the insurance company and drs about it to see where he should get this done and how much it might cost.

I appreciate everyone for being patient with my questions... and PLUCKY through PM. Like you we are doing everything in our power to make this happen. Its a clear goal. You all give me so much hope.

Julie, I am especially grateful for your website, because it was what got us going on this and since then I have so much hope for this. I visit your website often, and especially lately more often because it is helping me research what we need to do.

Amanda

Paige2007UGrad

Amanda

Paige2007UGrad

Amanda

Paige2007UGrad

Amanda