height and weight

madencanada

thanks bittyhorse and peanut and a few others for your comments ... i'm not discrediting the sweat test at all , " IT IS WHAT IT IS " until proven otherwise . i'm glad that my doctor is looking into other diseases like cf that could be the culprit for all my lung issues besides just saying that your asthma is not contolled . shes the only one who has " took the blinders off ". because i have been getting sicker and more often . i have been off work for 2 mths , don't like it one bit , but the type of work that i do , the enviroment is really not a place for someone with bad lungs .there are a few people that i worked with that are asthmatic , but they were never sick like myself . so if i do have cf , i might have to rethink my employment . { i'm a heavy equipment operator } open pit mining. also my lung issues have been getting worse , PROGRESSION maybe . so because i am off work i do have alot of time on my hands . i've been reading some while i wait to go to cf clinic in march and for gene results back . i probably asked that question not the right way. alot of you on here , are so computor smart and are so educated . i'm neither .. but i'm trying to learn !! so thanx for your replys i really appreciate all answers , but i'm going to try to rephrase my question because i think it got kind of off topic . how does malnutrition affect a sweat test ? thanx , a new friend xo

madencanada

thanks bittyhorse and peanut and a few others for your comments ... i'm not discrediting the sweat test at all , " IT IS WHAT IT IS " until proven otherwise . i'm glad that my doctor is looking into other diseases like cf that could be the culprit for all my lung issues besides just saying that your asthma is not contolled . shes the only one who has " took the blinders off ". because i have been getting sicker and more often . i have been off work for 2 mths , don't like it one bit , but the type of work that i do , the enviroment is really not a place for someone with bad lungs .there are a few people that i worked with that are asthmatic , but they were never sick like myself . so if i do have cf , i might have to rethink my employment . { i'm a heavy equipment operator } open pit mining. also my lung issues have been getting worse , PROGRESSION maybe . so because i am off work i do have alot of time on my hands . i've been reading some while i wait to go to cf clinic in march and for gene results back . i probably asked that question not the right way. alot of you on here , are so computor smart and are so educated . i'm neither .. but i'm trying to learn !! so thanx for your replys i really appreciate all answers , but i'm going to try to rephrase my question because i think it got kind of off topic . how does malnutrition affect a sweat test ? thanx , a new friend xo

madencanada

madencanada

madencanada

madencanada

oh i forgot to add this to the last post .. the article that i read i didn't book mark it if i run across it i will post . this computor thing is not something that i'm great at lol

madencanada

oh i forgot to add this to the last post .. the article that i read i didn't book mark it if i run across it i will post . this computor thing is not something that i'm great at lol

madencanada

madencanada

madencanada

Sevenstars

I didn't mean it was entirely useless, I just meant that people should not rely on it as the end-all be-all test, that's all. A lot of people just getting tested for CF with it have no idea that it is somewhat common for it to produce a false negative, so the results can be confusing, misleading, and if you turn out to have CF that wasn't picked up by the sweat test - very frustrating. If you want to be 100% sure (and I guess if you want to be picky, even the blood test isn't 100%) then you need to get the full panel gene test.

You are far more likely to have a false negative on the sweat test than the full panel. I'd hate to get tested and be like 'Yay, I don't have CF!!' only to discover later it was false. :/ But if the insurance requires you to start with the sweat test, what can you do?

Back OT: if being underweight causes skewed sweat test results, I'd say the majority of people diagnosed with CF would have a problem lol.

Sevenstars

I didn't mean it was entirely useless, I just meant that people should not rely on it as the end-all be-all test, that's all. A lot of people just getting tested for CF with it have no idea that it is somewhat common for it to produce a false negative, so the results can be confusing, misleading, and if you turn out to have CF that wasn't picked up by the sweat test - very frustrating. If you want to be 100% sure (and I guess if you want to be picky, even the blood test isn't 100%) then you need to get the full panel gene test.

You are far more likely to have a false negative on the sweat test than the full panel. I'd hate to get tested and be like 'Yay, I don't have CF!!' only to discover later it was false. :/ But if the insurance requires you to start with the sweat test, what can you do?

Back OT: if being underweight causes skewed sweat test results, I'd say the majority of people diagnosed with CF would have a problem lol.

Sevenstars

Sevenstars

Sevenstars

<br />
<br />You are far more likely to have a false negative on the sweat test than the full panel. I'd hate to get tested and be like 'Yay, I don't have CF!!' only to discover later it was false. :/ But if the insurance requires you to start with the sweat test, what can you do?
<br />
<br />Back OT: if being underweight causes skewed sweat test results, I'd say the majority of people diagnosed with CF would have a problem lol.

Buckeye

Here is the article that mentions reasons for false positives on the sweat test http://www.cysticfibrosismedicine.com/htmldocs/CFText/sweat.htm. (I don't know how to make the link so you can just click on it - sorry). It's mentions anorexia toward the bottom, prior to the list of References. I have no idea the reason why it would affect the sweat chloride, but it seems to.

Buckeye

Here is the article that mentions reasons for false positives on the sweat test http://www.cysticfibrosismedicine.com/htmldocs/CFText/sweat.htm. (I don't know how to make the link so you can just click on it - sorry). It's mentions anorexia toward the bottom, prior to the list of References. I have no idea the reason why it would affect the sweat chloride, but it seems to.

Buckeye

Buckeye

Buckeye