HELP...I don't know what else to do...

suziecoffeebean

Well it's kind of a messed up situation anyways. But yes it would upset ME is the thing. And I am sure my brother and sister I am sure. At this point I am not taking her feelings into consideration anymore. I had to be without a mom my whole life pretty much due to the drug abuse and then due to the fact that she put herself into AA and that was it. That was her focus not us. When that all changed I kind of latched on and we have a decent relationship now. It just sucks. I see what you are saying and I think I may have to make that phone call. Still hard to make that decision regardless. It is selfish I know the reason I don't want to. But at this point they have been neglected for too long so I only have their best interest in mind. It just seems to me there should be another way. It just sux and I am venting and wanted an outsiders opinion. Thanks.

suziecoffeebean

Well it's kind of a messed up situation anyways. But yes it would upset ME is the thing. And I am sure my brother and sister I am sure. At this point I am not taking her feelings into consideration anymore. I had to be without a mom my whole life pretty much due to the drug abuse and then due to the fact that she put herself into AA and that was it. That was her focus not us. When that all changed I kind of latched on and we have a decent relationship now. It just sucks. I see what you are saying and I think I may have to make that phone call. Still hard to make that decision regardless. It is selfish I know the reason I don't want to. But at this point they have been neglected for too long so I only have their best interest in mind. It just seems to me there should be another way. It just sux and I am venting and wanted an outsiders opinion. Thanks.

suziecoffeebean

Oh yeah and she does get a nice chunk of change on her income tax for them. That's basically how she makes it through the year. It may be that too. Never thought of it in that light before.

suziecoffeebean

Oh yeah and she does get a nice chunk of change on her income tax for them. That's basically how she makes it through the year. It may be that too. Never thought of it in that light before.

suziecoffeebean

suziecoffeebean

suziecoffeebean

suziecoffeebean

okok

I wish i had some helpful advice for you. It sounds as if you are doing all the right things by talking with your brother and sister about CF. I recommend that you keep doing that and educate them as much as possible. They are getting old enough to start taking some responsibility for their health. If your mom has medicaid insurance then they should be covered too right? And maybe they could just get your mom's insurance info and you could give them rides to clinic appts a three times a year and they could be responsible for nebulizer treatments and enzymes themselves. maybe they could even get vests!!??? I understand not wanting to call CPS.... your brother and sister might not like it if you did that too right???

I wish i had some better advice. All i can say is that they are very lucky to have you as a sister. i wish you had more support from your family. i can't understand why a nurse and doctor would not be more concerned about their health!!

okok

I wish i had some helpful advice for you. It sounds as if you are doing all the right things by talking with your brother and sister about CF. I recommend that you keep doing that and educate them as much as possible. They are getting old enough to start taking some responsibility for their health. If your mom has medicaid insurance then they should be covered too right? And maybe they could just get your mom's insurance info and you could give them rides to clinic appts a three times a year and they could be responsible for nebulizer treatments and enzymes themselves. maybe they could even get vests!!??? I understand not wanting to call CPS.... your brother and sister might not like it if you did that too right???

I wish i had some better advice. All i can say is that they are very lucky to have you as a sister. i wish you had more support from your family. i can't understand why a nurse and doctor would not be more concerned about their health!!

okok

okok

okok

okok

okok

I just saw your post and i think you are incredibly brave to consider calling CPS. Good for you. I worry though that your brother and sister would be put in foster care with people who are also not invested in their health so i think no matter what you do you should continue to educate them about their health and support them in learning to take care of themselves. They are so lucky to have you!!!

okok

I just saw your post and i think you are incredibly brave to consider calling CPS. Good for you. I worry though that your brother and sister would be put in foster care with people who are also not invested in their health so i think no matter what you do you should continue to educate them about their health and support them in learning to take care of themselves. They are so lucky to have you!!!

okok

okok

okok

okok