Home IVs

kathiel

Does anyone else that does home IVs have one that runs 22 hours a day? My daughter's normally run for 30-45 minutes a piece and I almost flipped when they told me that one of mine would run for 22 hours.
Also, does anyone know anything about a midline? They said it is similar to a PICC but I have never had either. Does it hurt when they place the lines?

kathiel

Does anyone else that does home IVs have one that runs 22 hours a day? My daughter's normally run for 30-45 minutes a piece and I almost flipped when they told me that one of mine would run for 22 hours.
Also, does anyone know anything about a midline? They said it is similar to a PICC but I have never had either. Does it hurt when they place the lines?

kathiel

kathiel

kathiel

<br />Also, does anyone know anything about a midline? They said it is similar to a PICC but I have never had either. Does it hurt when they place the lines?
<br />
<br />

tara

A midline is much shorter than a PICC line. it goes in the at the same site (elbow or mid-bicep) but it does not go all the way to the heart. There is no xray needed to check for placement. The only part that hurts is the sting of the lidocane to numb the insertion site. This is the same procedure for a PICC as well.

I've never had the continuous flow abx, but my brother has. I seem to remember it was a small pack you can attach to the belt loops on your pants or something like that.

tara

A midline is much shorter than a PICC line. it goes in the at the same site (elbow or mid-bicep) but it does not go all the way to the heart. There is no xray needed to check for placement. The only part that hurts is the sting of the lidocane to numb the insertion site. This is the same procedure for a PICC as well.

I've never had the continuous flow abx, but my brother has. I seem to remember it was a small pack you can attach to the belt loops on your pants or something like that.

tara

tara

tara

<br />
<br />I've never had the continuous flow abx, but my brother has. I seem to remember it was a small pack you can attach to the belt loops on your pants or something like that.

kathiel

Thanks I was just wondering, because I am a big baby when it comes to being poked and prodded. I have been stuck for this or that all my life before I was diagnosed, and I was curious how bad it was going to be.
Does the site hurt any after insertion or just when they give the lidocaine shot?

kathiel

Thanks I was just wondering, because I am a big baby when it comes to being poked and prodded. I have been stuck for this or that all my life before I was diagnosed, and I was curious how bad it was going to be.
Does the site hurt any after insertion or just when they give the lidocaine shot?

kathiel

kathiel

kathiel

<br />Does the site hurt any after insertion or just when they give the lidocaine shot?