Homeschooling

Buckeye

I was reading Leah's blog about Reece not being able to go to school this year and it got me thinking. If my son is sick for an extended period of time or not able to go to school due to not being able to tolerate the school germiness, is my only option homeschooling him myself? For some reason I always thought that as long as the doctor would not release him to go back to school that the school would provide a teacher to come to the house? Am I living in dreamland - do they not do that? I know a lot of people love homeschooling their kids and I admire them for their devotion and patience, but for some reason the idea of me homeshooling my son terrifies me. Please tell me the school would be required to send someone to our house to keep him up with school work if I don't choose to homeschool him.

Buckeye

I was reading Leah's blog about Reece not being able to go to school this year and it got me thinking. If my son is sick for an extended period of time or not able to go to school due to not being able to tolerate the school germiness, is my only option homeschooling him myself? For some reason I always thought that as long as the doctor would not release him to go back to school that the school would provide a teacher to come to the house? Am I living in dreamland - do they not do that? I know a lot of people love homeschooling their kids and I admire them for their devotion and patience, but for some reason the idea of me homeshooling my son terrifies me. Please tell me the school would be required to send someone to our house to keep him up with school work if I don't choose to homeschool him.

Buckeye

Buckeye

Buckeye

jena

Do a search on Section 504. I just got a great informational folder in the mail when I requested the "Cystic Fibrosis in the Classroom" booklet from CFRI. I didn't ask for it, but they automatically sent it. It's the first topic in this family section and I did the mail request. They sent it right away. A LOT of information that could answer your concerns. You might be able to find the same information on the internet. I haven't been able to sit down and read it thoroughly enough to give you a better direct answer....
Darla

jena

Do a search on Section 504. I just got a great informational folder in the mail when I requested the "Cystic Fibrosis in the Classroom" booklet from CFRI. I didn't ask for it, but they automatically sent it. It's the first topic in this family section and I did the mail request. They sent it right away. A LOT of information that could answer your concerns. You might be able to find the same information on the internet. I haven't been able to sit down and read it thoroughly enough to give you a better direct answer....
Darla

jena

Darla

jena

Darla

jena

Darla

mtgreen30

My son has a 504 plan which provides 1 hour of in home tutoring for every day he is absent due to his Cf or his many surgeries. To get the 504 we had a meeting with the school counslor the Cf social worker and some other school officials. He has had it since 2nd grade he is now in the 8th grade. It has been a great thing to have because I could never homeschool him, we are too much alike (disagree on everything)!

mtgreen30

My son has a 504 plan which provides 1 hour of in home tutoring for every day he is absent due to his Cf or his many surgeries. To get the 504 we had a meeting with the school counslor the Cf social worker and some other school officials. He has had it since 2nd grade he is now in the 8th grade. It has been a great thing to have because I could never homeschool him, we are too much alike (disagree on everything)!

mtgreen30

mtgreen30

mtgreen30

Emily65Roses

Thousands of CFers have gone to public schools and lived to tell the tale. Should he go into the hospital, you can get any work he misses or anything. Chances are, you won't need to homeschool him. He'd have to be in respiratory failure pretty much, for that to make sense.

Emily65Roses

Thousands of CFers have gone to public schools and lived to tell the tale. Should he go into the hospital, you can get any work he misses or anything. Chances are, you won't need to homeschool him. He'd have to be in respiratory failure pretty much, for that to make sense.

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses