How powered neb compressors?

cf4life

I love my Invacare Mobileaire 50 psi. It is a bit faster then doing nebs in the hospital. It took a couple weeks to get it approved and ordered, but my insurance paid 100%. I run mine at 40 psi. Just remember for Tobi you would need to turn down the psi. Off the top of my head I think Tobi needs to be run at 25 psi, but don't quote me on it.

theLostMiler

Yes, TOBI is 25 psi. I havent ever found specific psis for the other meds, so I generally stick with 25-30 psi for all, xopenex, pulmo and saline, which is something I found by trial and error. I did 35+ psi for a week and it felt like I did a week w/ no treatments, for me, the particle size was probably too small to stick in my lungs and I think I was just rebreathing it back out.

I would disagree with the hurrying of the meds... as when I first got the invacare mobiliaire, I noticed how much more effective my treatments were and how much longer the meds seemed to last me (until I upped the pressure lol) ! I agree the fact you can control the psi is very powerful. I wish that more people knew about the mobilaire, such as RTs, as mine never know nothing (lol) but even my cf didnt ever recommend it when I was asking for faster treatments and more durable machines... Pari products are great in that they have a great warrenty and also replace the nebs, but its such a hassle to do every 6-12 months, and then you have to worry about inconsistant pressures and the waiting while its being sent off etc. its just pari is not built for cf usage in my opinion.

I've had my mobiliare less than a year and I still love it, in fact I love it so much I take it on trips with me instead of my pari trek lol I have bought two car inverters, one for each car so that I can do my treatments with my mobiliaire... I like that you can remove and clean the filter as needed as well.

theLostMiler

Yes, TOBI is 25 psi. I havent ever found specific psis for the other meds, so I generally stick with 25-30 psi for all, xopenex, pulmo and saline, which is something I found by trial and error. I did 35+ psi for a week and it felt like I did a week w/ no treatments, for me, the particle size was probably too small to stick in my lungs and I think I was just rebreathing it back out.

I would disagree with the hurrying of the meds... as when I first got the invacare mobiliaire, I noticed how much more effective my treatments were and how much longer the meds seemed to last me (until I upped the pressure lol) ! I agree the fact you can control the psi is very powerful. I wish that more people knew about the mobilaire, such as RTs, as mine never know nothing (lol) but even my cf didnt ever recommend it when I was asking for faster treatments and more durable machines... Pari products are great in that they have a great warrenty and also replace the nebs, but its such a hassle to do every 6-12 months, and then you have to worry about inconsistant pressures and the waiting while its being sent off etc. its just pari is not built for cf usage in my opinion.

I've had my mobiliare less than a year and I still love it, in fact I love it so much I take it on trips with me instead of my pari trek lol I have bought two car inverters, one for each car so that I can do my treatments with my mobiliaire... I like that you can remove and clean the filter as needed as well.

theLostMiler

<br />
<br />I would disagree with the hurrying of the meds... as when I first got the invacare mobiliaire, I noticed how much more effective my treatments were and how much longer the meds seemed to last me (until I upped the pressure lol) ! I agree the fact you can control the psi is very powerful. I wish that more people knew about the mobilaire, such as RTs, as mine never know nothing (lol) but even my cf didnt ever recommend it when I was asking for faster treatments and more durable machines... Pari products are great in that they have a great warrenty and also replace the nebs, but its such a hassle to do every 6-12 months, and then you have to worry about inconsistant pressures and the waiting while its being sent off etc. its just pari is not built for cf usage in my opinion.
<br />
<br />I've had my mobiliare less than a year and I still love it, in fact I love it so much I take it on trips with me instead of my pari trek lol I have bought two car inverters, one for each car so that I can do my treatments with my mobiliaire... I like that you can remove and clean the filter as needed as well.

hmw

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>I would disagree with the hurrying of the meds... as when I first got the invacare mobiliaire, I noticed how much more effective my treatments were and how much longer the meds seemed to last me (until I upped the pressure lol) !</end quote></div>
I would like to get one of those compressors as well... for the durability and to know Emily is getting the tx she is supposed to be getting, and I agree with how you are using it. When i posted originally it was from the standpoint of 'would I get a 50psi compressor to do all Emily's tx at 50psi, to be able to finish everything in half the time', to which my answer would be 'no.'

hmw

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>I would disagree with the hurrying of the meds... as when I first got the invacare mobiliaire, I noticed how much more effective my treatments were and how much longer the meds seemed to last me (until I upped the pressure lol) !</end quote>
I would like to get one of those compressors as well... for the durability and to know Emily is getting the tx she is supposed to be getting, and I agree with how you are using it. When i posted originally it was from the standpoint of 'would I get a 50psi compressor to do all Emily's tx at 50psi, to be able to finish everything in half the time', to which my answer would be 'no.'

hmw

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>I would disagree with the hurrying of the meds... as when I first got the invacare mobiliaire, I noticed how much more effective my treatments were and how much longer the meds seemed to last me (until I upped the pressure lol) !</end quote>
<br />I would like to get one of those compressors as well... for the durability and to know Emily is getting the tx she is supposed to be getting, and I agree with how you are using it. When i posted originally it was from the standpoint of 'would I get a 50psi compressor to do all Emily's tx at 50psi, to be able to finish everything in half the time', to which my answer would be 'no.'

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I'd love to get one as well. Mainly for durability. Our first Pari proneb ultra was faulty from the beginning and being new to this, we didn't KNOW that Tobi shouldn't take 45-50 minutes. With the warranties on the pari, we can call and get it replaced overnight; however, with our devilbiss pulmoaide it's a pain as we have to go thru our DME and they mail it in and it takes about 3 weeks.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I'd love to get one as well. Mainly for durability. Our first Pari proneb ultra was faulty from the beginning and being new to this, we didn't KNOW that Tobi shouldn't take 45-50 minutes. With the warranties on the pari, we can call and get it replaced overnight; however, with our devilbiss pulmoaide it's a pain as we have to go thru our DME and they mail it in and it takes about 3 weeks.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
As for cutting treatment time, we're doing 30 minutes of vesting each time anyway, so it wouldn't be a time saver.  Would just  like to make sure ds is getting all  his medication

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
As for cutting treatment time, we're doing 30 minutes of vesting each time anyway, so it wouldn't be a time saver. Would just like to make sure ds is getting all his medication

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
As for cutting treatment time, we're doing 30 minutes of vesting each time anyway, so it wouldn't be a time saver. Would just like to make sure ds is getting all his medication

Rebjane

Super Moderator
We got a Mobilaire this winter when Maggie was having a CF exacerbation and it is SOOOO much better than the Pari Vios which broke down for us every 2-6 months. The way I think of it is we spend alot of $ and time on these nebs might as well get a worthwhile machine to inhale them. It was well worth the investment. We are traveling soon and I will bring the Pari for travel just because of how light in weight it is, hoping it does not break down on our vacation though!

Rebjane

Super Moderator
We got a Mobilaire this winter when Maggie was having a CF exacerbation and it is SOOOO much better than the Pari Vios which broke down for us every 2-6 months. The way I think of it is we spend alot of $ and time on these nebs might as well get a worthwhile machine to inhale them. It was well worth the investment. We are traveling soon and I will bring the Pari for travel just because of how light in weight it is, hoping it does not break down on our vacation though!

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Ldude916

I got my Mobilaire in the mail yesterday, and I love it! It cut my tx time in half compared to the Vios. I called my doctor and asked him the recommended PSI for some of the drugs I am on....he says:
TOBI/HTS = 25 psi
Pulmozyme/Albuterol = up to 50 psi

I am just doing it all on 25 psi to make it easy. Albuterol took me 5 min or so, and HTS 15....compared to the 45 Min I spent on VIOS. Worth the $250 I paid out of pocket for SURE.

Ldude916

I got my Mobilaire in the mail yesterday, and I love it! It cut my tx time in half compared to the Vios. I called my doctor and asked him the recommended PSI for some of the drugs I am on....he says:
TOBI/HTS = 25 psi
Pulmozyme/Albuterol = up to 50 psi

I am just doing it all on 25 psi to make it easy. Albuterol took me 5 min or so, and HTS 15....compared to the 45 Min I spent on VIOS. Worth the $250 I paid out of pocket for SURE.

Ldude916

<br />TOBI/HTS = 25 psi
<br />Pulmozyme/Albuterol = up to 50 psi
<br />
<br />I am just doing it all on 25 psi to make it easy. Albuterol took me 5 min or so, and HTS 15....compared to the 45 Min I spent on VIOS. Worth the $250 I paid out of pocket for SURE.

2005CFmom

Super Moderator
Ldude.

I'm glad it is working for you. Do you mind telling me where you found one for $250? We've been thinking of getting one for my husband (our insurance only covers this model if you have a CF diagnoses, so he is using the Vios).

Thanks!