I hate to even ask this...

joslynosten

In response to Kelli's post

Yes, agreeing to be an organ/tissue donor in the state of Illinois is legally binding. This is because of a law that passed in 2006 called First Person Consent. This law basically put the decision of organ/tissue donation in the hands of the individual. Think of it like an advance directive or living will. If you wish to become an organ/tissue donor and you join the Illinois organ/tissue donor registry, due to First Person Consent, your family will be notified of your wishes and they will be carried out. If you wish to become an organ/tissue donor and you do not join the registry, you leave that decision to your next of kin - if they say no, you will not become an organ/tissue donor regardless of what you actually wanted.

By the way, for Illinois, signing the back of your driver's license is no longer enough. And if you haven't renewed your license since 2006 you're not in the new registry. To join the State's organ/tissue donor registry go to DonateLifeIllinois.org

And, YES, SarahJean, I am a registered organ/tissue donor!

-Joslyn

joslynosten

Yes, agreeing to be an organ/tissue donor in the state of Illinois is legally binding. This is because of a law that passed in 2006 called First Person Consent. This law basically put the decision of organ/tissue donation in the hands of the individual. Think of it like an advance directive or living will. If you wish to become an organ/tissue donor and you join the Illinois organ/tissue donor registry, due to First Person Consent, your family will be notified of your wishes and they will be carried out. If you wish to become an organ/tissue donor and you do not join the registry, you leave that decision to your next of kin - if they say no, you will not become an organ/tissue donor regardless of what you actually wanted.

By the way, for Illinois, signing the back of your driver's license is no longer enough. And if you haven't renewed your license since 2006 you're not in the new registry. To join the State's organ/tissue donor registry go to DonateLifeIllinois.org

-Joslyn

joslynosten

-Joslyn

joslynosten

-Joslyn

joslynosten

<br />
<br />Yes, agreeing to be an organ/tissue donor in the state of Illinois is legally binding. This is because of a law that passed in 2006 called First Person Consent. This law basically put the decision of organ/tissue donation in the hands of the individual. Think of it like an advance directive or living will. If you wish to become an organ/tissue donor and you join the Illinois organ/tissue donor registry, due to First Person Consent, your family will be notified of your wishes and they will be carried out. If you wish to become an organ/tissue donor and you do not join the registry, you leave that decision to your next of kin - if they say no, you will not become an organ/tissue donor regardless of what you actually wanted.
<br />
<br />By the way, for Illinois, signing the back of your driver's license is no longer enough. And if you haven't renewed your license since 2006 you're not in the new registry. To join the State's organ/tissue donor registry go to DonateLifeIllinois.org
<br />
<br />And, YES, SarahJean, I am a registered organ/tissue donor!
<br />
<br />-Joslyn
<br />

joslynosten

I had put up there how you could join the organ/tissue donor registry in Illinois (DonateLifeIllinois.org) but if you're not from Illinois, you can go to ShareYourLife.org to register in your state.

joslynosten

I had put up there how you could join the organ/tissue donor registry in Illinois (DonateLifeIllinois.org) but if you're not from Illinois, you can go to ShareYourLife.org to register in your state.

joslynosten

joslynosten

joslynosten

SarahJean1976

I don't know how many of you watch Grey's Anatomy, but last night was a perfect example of what we are discussing here... I have made it clear that I do not want life support to the point my organs cannot be used and once I am gone, take what you can use... I know alot of people use religion to stand behind, but in fact most religions support it, but once again, it is ALL ABOUT PERCEPTION... if someone truly does not want to be a donar, then they will translate it differently than someone who does... I say this... look into the eyes of a dying child and tell them you think God wants you to keep all your organs... and take them with you... because you will need them where you are going??? It is so weird to me... I always try and see things from a different perspective, but on this... I just don't... I think if you can save a life, then you do it!!! That is what MY GOD tells me... Stop imagine for one minute if there were no donars???
Thank you so much to all of you for thinking about this and passing it along and making sure you are a donar... that is awesome!!!
xoxo
I am off to vacation!!!
See you when I get back...

SarahJean1976

I don't know how many of you watch Grey's Anatomy, but last night was a perfect example of what we are discussing here... I have made it clear that I do not want life support to the point my organs cannot be used and once I am gone, take what you can use... I know alot of people use religion to stand behind, but in fact most religions support it, but once again, it is ALL ABOUT PERCEPTION... if someone truly does not want to be a donar, then they will translate it differently than someone who does... I say this... look into the eyes of a dying child and tell them you think God wants you to keep all your organs... and take them with you... because you will need them where you are going??? It is so weird to me... I always try and see things from a different perspective, but on this... I just don't... I think if you can save a life, then you do it!!! That is what MY GOD tells me... Stop imagine for one minute if there were no donars???
Thank you so much to all of you for thinking about this and passing it along and making sure you are a donar... that is awesome!!!
xoxo
I am off to vacation!!!

SarahJean1976

xoxo
I am off to vacation!!!

SarahJean1976

xoxo
I am off to vacation!!!

SarahJean1976

<br />Thank you so much to all of you for thinking about this and passing it along and making sure you are a donar... that is awesome!!!
<br />xoxo
<br />I am off to vacation!!!
<br />See you when I get back...

Transplantmommy

I have made it clear to Nate that I want to donate whatever can be donated from me. I would think that my heart could be donated because I have never had issues with it.

Anyway....I just think it would be rather selfish if I didn't try to give back what my donor gave to me.

Transplantmommy

I have made it clear to Nate that I want to donate whatever can be donated from me. I would think that my heart could be donated because I have never had issues with it.

Anyway....I just think it would be rather selfish if I didn't try to give back what my donor gave to me.

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

<br />
<br />Anyway....I just think it would be rather selfish if I didn't try to give back what my donor gave to me.