I spend so much time...

crystalina0814

I am trying to cut down on my breathing treatment time daily, without sacraficing a good quality treatment, does this make sense? I spend about 3-4 hours currently a day on breathing tretments. I am currently on pulmozyne, albuterol, and tobi. Followed by 60 min of the vest. My question is, how many of you do the vest WHILE doing your aerosols? I am doing mine after the pulmo and before the tobi right now. I figured it might save me an hour if I do both at once. What do you guys do? What works for you?

crystalina0814

I am trying to cut down on my breathing treatment time daily, without sacraficing a good quality treatment, does this make sense? I spend about 3-4 hours currently a day on breathing tretments. I am currently on pulmozyne, albuterol, and tobi. Followed by 60 min of the vest. My question is, how many of you do the vest WHILE doing your aerosols? I am doing mine after the pulmo and before the tobi right now. I figured it might save me an hour if I do both at once. What do you guys do? What works for you?

crystalina0814

crystalina0814

crystalina0814

jonflath

I have never not done my aerosols while vesting. I personally do a 30min vest therapy every morning and night while doing xopenex, mucomyst, and then hypertonic saline or whatever antibiotic I am currently on. The added moisture from the nebs helps moisten and clear mucus out better. I find that when I vest for more than 30min I really don't feel like I am gaining anything, but this is different for everyone. My doctor mentioned that a good 20-30min walk during the day is almost the same as an equivalent vest therapy.

jonflath

I have never not done my aerosols while vesting. I personally do a 30min vest therapy every morning and night while doing xopenex, mucomyst, and then hypertonic saline or whatever antibiotic I am currently on. The added moisture from the nebs helps moisten and clear mucus out better. I find that when I vest for more than 30min I really don't feel like I am gaining anything, but this is different for everyone. My doctor mentioned that a good 20-30min walk during the day is almost the same as an equivalent vest therapy.

jonflath

jonflath

jonflath

saveferris2009

1. You can neb while doing the vest, except for abx. The creater of the Vest says it's fine - and his patients live the longest out of all centers in the US.

2. Get an eFLow. You can read more details about the eFLow on my blog. The eFLow will cut down on a ton of treatment time

Take care

saveferris2009

1. You can neb while doing the vest, except for abx. The creater of the Vest says it's fine - and his patients live the longest out of all centers in the US.

2. Get an eFLow. You can read more details about the eFLow on my blog. The eFLow will cut down on a ton of treatment time

Take care

saveferris2009

Take care

saveferris2009

Take care

saveferris2009

<br />
<br />2. Get an eFLow. You can read more details about the eFLow on my blog. The eFLow will cut down on a ton of treatment time
<br />
<br />
<br />Take care

saveferris2009

oh and exercising is NOT the same as the vest.

you should be doing both. they work very differently to help keep your lungs healthy and are not interchangeable!

saveferris2009

you should be doing both. they work very differently to help keep your lungs healthy and are not interchangeable!

saveferris2009

saveferris2009

saveferris2009

<br />
<br />you should be doing both. they work very differently to help keep your lungs healthy and are not interchangeable!