i want to talk to some people

M

MissAlexsBP

Hello!

I am a bit older than you, and I can't speak for everyone or how others will react, but it has been my experience that my friends are very understanding about the CF. Honestly, it hasn't been a huge deal for them. I explain to them a bit what it is, and then if they want to ask more questions, I'm very open about it. If they don't, then that's fine too. I've acutually had a lot of my friends go on the CF walks with me and everything. They've been very supportive. And, for what it's worth, I did tell my boyfriend, and he was a sweetheart about it. He's even been to my doctor's with me, and gone along with me for my PFTs, and helped me with my IVs.

That has just been my experience. If you want to talk, feel free to e-mail me at theblackparade888@yahoo.com

=)

M

MissAlexsBP

Hello!

I am a bit older than you, and I can't speak for everyone or how others will react, but it has been my experience that my friends are very understanding about the CF. Honestly, it hasn't been a huge deal for them. I explain to them a bit what it is, and then if they want to ask more questions, I'm very open about it. If they don't, then that's fine too. I've acutually had a lot of my friends go on the CF walks with me and everything. They've been very supportive. And, for what it's worth, I did tell my boyfriend, and he was a sweetheart about it. He's even been to my doctor's with me, and gone along with me for my PFTs, and helped me with my IVs.

That has just been my experience. If you want to talk, feel free to e-mail me at theblackparade888@yahoo.com

=)

M

MissAlexsBP

Hello!

=)

M

MissAlexsBP

Hello!

=)

M

MissAlexsBP

Hello!

=)

jubjub

hey! im 17 and my boyfriend is 19...he knows i have cf and is really supportive and understanding. i suggest wen ur out together or watever and u hav to take meds just take them and act like its totally normal and add in "o i hav cystic fibrosis." wen he sees it doesnt effect your personality and that your not bothered by it he'll understand. then u can teach him bout it a little at a time.

jubjub

hey! im 17 and my boyfriend is 19...he knows i have cf and is really supportive and understanding. i suggest wen ur out together or watever and u hav to take meds just take them and act like its totally normal and add in "o i hav cystic fibrosis." wen he sees it doesnt effect your personality and that your not bothered by it he'll understand. then u can teach him bout it a little at a time.

jubjub

jubjub

jubjub

mbrown52

djraitz,i fel the same way, but i just put up the topic not for me for everybody else. Well, its kinda of difficult telling people that i have it, but i feel bad if i dont tell them. And it looks like the more i tell the more they like me... i already have a couple of guys liking me, but their tooo shy to ask. if you be yourself your find girl or man sry dont know if your a guy or girl.

mbrown52

djraitz,i fel the same way, but i just put up the topic not for me for everybody else. Well, its kinda of difficult telling people that i have it, but i feel bad if i dont tell them. And it looks like the more i tell the more they like me... i already have a couple of guys liking me, but their tooo shy to ask. if you be yourself your find girl or man sry dont know if your a guy or girl.

mbrown52

mbrown52

mbrown52

east10ecgirl

I have a 15 y/o daughter who was diagnosed at birth w/CF. We didn't really have much of an issue with her telling or not telling people she had CF until just recently. We basically told her it was totally up to her who and when she told. We armed her with the basics and some "snappy" comebacks just in case she didn't want to get into why she had to take medications or coughed alot. We have been blessed because she had never had very much lung involvement and hadn't been in the hospital for anything CF related since birth. But, a few weeks ago she had to be admitted and get a PICC line and the whole deal. She had a boyfriend and many other friends who she had given the basic "spill" to, but no detail. Well, don't ya know once the parents of those friends found out that she had CF they went web-surfing, finding ALL the scary and bad stuff that's out there. So, in my experience, kids are usually more accepting than adults to just let it just roll off their backs. Of course, my daughter and I talked about all the stuff that her friends' parents found on the web. I can offer only one seed of wisdom that my daughter gave to me during all this...if people chose to be ignorant, let them...but take every opportunity to prove that you are NOT defined by your illness. CF is not who you are, it's a very small genetic "hiccup" that people LIVE with. Best wishes to you!

east10ecgirl

I have a 15 y/o daughter who was diagnosed at birth w/CF. We didn't really have much of an issue with her telling or not telling people she had CF until just recently. We basically told her it was totally up to her who and when she told. We armed her with the basics and some "snappy" comebacks just in case she didn't want to get into why she had to take medications or coughed alot. We have been blessed because she had never had very much lung involvement and hadn't been in the hospital for anything CF related since birth. But, a few weeks ago she had to be admitted and get a PICC line and the whole deal. She had a boyfriend and many other friends who she had given the basic "spill" to, but no detail. Well, don't ya know once the parents of those friends found out that she had CF they went web-surfing, finding ALL the scary and bad stuff that's out there. So, in my experience, kids are usually more accepting than adults to just let it just roll off their backs. Of course, my daughter and I talked about all the stuff that her friends' parents found on the web. I can offer only one seed of wisdom that my daughter gave to me during all this...if people chose to be ignorant, let them...but take every opportunity to prove that you are NOT defined by your illness. CF is not who you are, it's a very small genetic "hiccup" that people LIVE with. Best wishes to you!

east10ecgirl

east10ecgirl

east10ecgirl