ibuprofen and cystic fibrosis

jennastroitzel

I do take it as needed for pain relief or for fever BUT I have no side effects from it unless I have it on an empty stomach (you learn not to do that after the first time it makes you puke!). My CF doc doesn't normally recommend it but because I'm stubborn and have no real side effects from it anyway I take it.

jennastroitzel

I do take it as needed for pain relief or for fever BUT I have no side effects from it unless I have it on an empty stomach (you learn not to do that after the first time it makes you puke!). My CF doc doesn't normally recommend it but because I'm stubborn and have no real side effects from it anyway I take it.

jennastroitzel

jennastroitzel

jennastroitzel

Faust

I'm curious what doseage my weight would require. I'm 196lb. I googled around and found a formula. It looks like they are saying 20-30mg per KG of body weight, for the most part. That puts me @ 2673mg per day. Sounds like a ton of ibuprofen. Whatever happened to them finding out that long term use of NSAID's (ibuprofen) massively increased heart attack and stroke risks? Also I still haven't fully corrected my bleeding problem, so maybe this wouldnt be a good idea. I have never heard ibuprofen to be bad for bleeding.

Faust

I'm curious what doseage my weight would require. I'm 196lb. I googled around and found a formula. It looks like they are saying 20-30mg per KG of body weight, for the most part. That puts me @ 2673mg per day. Sounds like a ton of ibuprofen. Whatever happened to them finding out that long term use of NSAID's (ibuprofen) massively increased heart attack and stroke risks? Also I still haven't fully corrected my bleeding problem, so maybe this wouldnt be a good idea. I have never heard ibuprofen to be bad for bleeding.

Faust

Faust

Faust

M

MCGrad2006

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>no side effects from it unless I have it on an empty stomach (you learn not to do that after the first time it makes you puke!).</end quote></div>

ahahahhaha....DEF did that at least one time..had a ton on an empty stomach, nasty side effects, NEVER had it on an empty stomach again...

M

MCGrad2006

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>no side effects from it unless I have it on an empty stomach (you learn not to do that after the first time it makes you puke!).</end quote></div>

ahahahhaha....DEF did that at least one time..had a ton on an empty stomach, nasty side effects, NEVER had it on an empty stomach again...

M

MCGrad2006

M

MCGrad2006

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>no side effects from it unless I have it on an empty stomach (you learn not to do that after the first time it makes you puke!).</end quote>

M

MCGrad2006

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>no side effects from it unless I have it on an empty stomach (you learn not to do that after the first time it makes you puke!).</end quote>

Diane

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Faust</b></i>

Also I still haven't fully corrected my bleeding problem, so maybe this wouldnt be a good idea. I have never heard ibuprofen to be bad for bleeding.</end quote></div>

Do <b>not</b> take Ibuprofen if you continue to have bleeding issues. Ibuprofen is an anti-inflammatory and can cause thinning of the blood. You surely do NOT want that when you have bleeding issues. I am not allowed any type of ibuprofen because of hemoptysis issues. I always stick to tylenol .

Diane

Also I still haven't fully corrected my bleeding problem, so maybe this wouldnt be a good idea. I have never heard ibuprofen to be bad for bleeding.</end quote></div>

Do <b>not</b> take Ibuprofen if you continue to have bleeding issues. Ibuprofen is an anti-inflammatory and can cause thinning of the blood. You surely do NOT want that when you have bleeding issues. I am not allowed any type of ibuprofen because of hemoptysis issues. I always stick to tylenol .

Diane

Diane

Also I still haven't fully corrected my bleeding problem, so maybe this wouldnt be a good idea. I have never heard ibuprofen to be bad for bleeding.</end quote>

Diane

Also I still haven't fully corrected my bleeding problem, so maybe this wouldnt be a good idea. I have never heard ibuprofen to be bad for bleeding.</end quote>