if you knew your unborn child had cf would you abort it

Prussian

Never. Especially not in this day and age. Children born today with CF will most likely see a viable control for their disease by the time they are in their teens.

Prussian

Never. Especially not in this day and age. Children born today with CF will most likely see a viable control for their disease by the time they are in their teens.

Prussian

dramamama

no.
my parents did abort a child though right after my diagnosis. They thought I was goin to have a much different life than I have and they did not want to see another child die of cf. They didn't even know if the child had cf, but were willing to abort it anyway.

Looking back at it now, they would have made a different choice.

I love my life...I am sooooo glad I am here. So what, I have a crappy illness.
God didn't promise me a perfect life on earth...

dramamama

no.
my parents did abort a child though right after my diagnosis. They thought I was goin to have a much different life than I have and they did not want to see another child die of cf. They didn't even know if the child had cf, but were willing to abort it anyway.

dramamama

no.

Emily65Roses

I can't really answer the abortion question. I am female, but it is impossible for me to get pregnant. I might abort, I might not. Given my desire to be a mother, if I got pregnant by my fiance, my instinct tells me I might keep it. But then if I got raped and pregnant, I can honestly say I'd probably want to abort it. I know that's not really the question that was asked, but that's what matters for me when considering an abortion, not whether or not the fetus had CF.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Ricky123</b></i>
i mean in all honestly if someone gave people with cf a crystal ball before they were born to show them the life of someone with cf and how it affects a person on a daily basis i bet many wouldent opt to come on this earth</end quote></div>

I did want to answer this though. I would still opt to be born. I know not everyone would, but I would.

Emily65Roses

I can't really answer the abortion question. I am female, but it is impossible for me to get pregnant. I might abort, I might not. Given my desire to be a mother, if I got pregnant by my fiance, my instinct tells me I might keep it. But then if I got raped and pregnant, I can honestly say I'd probably want to abort it. I know that's not really the question that was asked, but that's what matters for me when considering an abortion, not whether or not the fetus had CF.

i mean in all honestly if someone gave people with cf a crystal ball before they were born to show them the life of someone with cf and how it affects a person on a daily basis i bet many wouldent opt to come on this earth</end quote></div>

I did want to answer this though. I would still opt to be born. I know not everyone would, but I would.

Emily65Roses

lightNlife

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Emily65Roses</b></i>

But then if I got raped and pregnant, I can honestly say I'd probably want to abort it. </end quote></div>

That's what I thought too when I was in that exact situation. However, I eventually realized that I didn't want to add more violence to the situation. I decided to make an adoption plan so that the child could grow up with the benefit of a 2 parent home where he would not have to compete with CF for my and my husband's time and energy.

i bet many wouldent opt to come on this earth</end quote></div>

</end quote></div>

Huh? What a bizarre thing to say. It makes no sense and has absolutely no basis in reality.

lightNlife

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Emily65Roses</b></i>

But then if I got raped and pregnant, I can honestly say I'd probably want to abort it. </end quote></div>

That's what I thought too when I was in that exact situation. However, I eventually realized that I didn't want to add more violence to the situation. I decided to make an adoption plan so that the child could grow up with the benefit of a 2 parent home where he would not have to compete with CF for my and my husband's time and energy.

i bet many wouldent opt to come on this earth</end quote></div>

</end quote></div>

Huh? What a bizarre thing to say. It makes no sense and has absolutely no basis in reality.