if you knew your unborn child had cf would you abort it

lightNlife

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Emily65Roses</b></i>

But then if I got raped and pregnant, I can honestly say I'd probably want to abort it. </end quote></div>

That's what I thought too when I was in that exact situation. However, I eventually realized that I didn't want to add more violence to the situation. I decided to make an adoption plan so that the child could grow up with the benefit of a 2 parent home where he would not have to compete with CF for my and my husband's time and energy.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Ricky123</b></i>

i bet many wouldent opt to come on this earth</end quote></div>

</end quote></div>

Huh? What a bizarre thing to say. It makes no sense and has absolutely no basis in reality.

dramamama

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Nicole</b></i>

lightNlife--

I applaud you for making that choice given the difficult situation.</end quote></div>

me too!

dramamama

lightNlife--

I applaud you for making that choice given the difficult situation.</end quote></div>

me too!

dramamama

lightNlife--

me too!

sue35

Hmmm..I don't know what I would do because I will never be in that situation I would think. If I got married and chose to have a child I would make sure that my husband was not a carrier so as to not have a CF child. So, the only way I would have one would be if I did not have CF so it doesn't really pertain then.

sue35

Hmmm..I don't know what I would do because I will never be in that situation I would think. If I got married and chose to have a child I would make sure that my husband was not a carrier so as to not have a CF child. So, the only way I would have one would be if I did not have CF so it doesn't really pertain then.

sue35

bigstar

no i wouldnt abort it unless there wasnt any great danger for my life....Im rather optimistic about the future and i pray that my kids will have a better and healthier life than i did!!!!!!!!

bigstar

no i wouldnt abort it unless there wasnt any great danger for my life....Im rather optimistic about the future and i pray that my kids will have a better and healthier life than i did!!!!!!!!

bigstar

Rebjane

Super Moderator
I found out my daughter had CF when I was 5 months pregnant with her via genetic testing, total shock,, no history of CF(all been heard before). I felt her move inside of me when she was 12 weeks old, I could not abort, I fell in love with her before she ever took her first breathe. I am pro choice , I would not be able to live with myself if I ended my pregancy. it's very hard to put this into words since it's so close to home but that was our personal experience.