Insurance Denial

SaltyAndSweet

How upsetting. I understand as I am currently fighting my insurance company to get coverage of an insulin pump.

My suggestion, I learned the hard way, is to find out exactly how the appeals process works with your insurance company. BEFORE you appeal. I did not, until it was too late, and missed a chance for a peer to peer review. A peer to peer review would allow your doctor to talk to whom ever is reviewing your appeal on the phone. This works much better than a letter (which you need too). But it adds that more personal touch.

Also, if your company or university provides your insurance through an insurance broker, talk to them. Or talk to your HR department. This will get one more person on your side of the court. Possibly may help in getting the insurance policy changed to allow coverage of other vests.

Which insurance company do you have? I have Great-West, which is a Great-Pain.

SaltyAndSweet

How upsetting. I understand as I am currently fighting my insurance company to get coverage of an insulin pump.

My suggestion, I learned the hard way, is to find out exactly how the appeals process works with your insurance company. BEFORE you appeal. I did not, until it was too late, and missed a chance for a peer to peer review. A peer to peer review would allow your doctor to talk to whom ever is reviewing your appeal on the phone. This works much better than a letter (which you need too). But it adds that more personal touch.

Also, if your company or university provides your insurance through an insurance broker, talk to them. Or talk to your HR department. This will get one more person on your side of the court. Possibly may help in getting the insurance policy changed to allow coverage of other vests.

SaltyAndSweet

SaltyAndSweet

SaltyAndSweet

<br />
<br />My suggestion, I learned the hard way, is to find out exactly how the appeals process works with your insurance company. BEFORE you appeal. I did not, until it was too late, and missed a chance for a peer to peer review. A peer to peer review would allow your doctor to talk to whom ever is reviewing your appeal on the phone. This works much better than a letter (which you need too). But it adds that more personal touch.
<br />
<br />Also, if your company or university provides your insurance through an insurance broker, talk to them. Or talk to your HR department. This will get one more person on your side of the court. Possibly may help in getting the insurance policy changed to allow coverage of other vests.
<br />
<br />Which insurance company do you have? I have Great-West, which is a Great-Pain.