Insurance denied a new vest

Andi2007

Because I have one, it's not broken, and they say my medical condition hasn't changed. I can write a letter to try and appeal it. Has anyone had any success with this? Should my dr write something? I don't know what I could say that would change the decision. Any tips would be great. Thanks.

Andi2007

Because I have one, it's not broken, and they say my medical condition hasn't changed. I can write a letter to try and appeal it. Has anyone had any success with this? Should my dr write something? I don't know what I could say that would change the decision. Any tips would be great. Thanks.

Andi2007

Andi2007

Andi2007

RonnieSharpe

The only reason I got a new one approved was because I had two hernia repair surgeries and we made the argument that I needed a lighter vest. That's all I got.

Ronnie

RonnieSharpe

The only reason I got a new one approved was because I had two hernia repair surgeries and we made the argument that I needed a lighter vest. That's all I got.

Ronnie

RonnieSharpe

Ronnie

RonnieSharpe

Ronnie

RonnieSharpe

<br />
<br />Ronnie

just1more

Why do you want a new one?

You have one that still works so why do you want a new one; and more importantly why should insurance buy it?

If you can explain why insurance should by you one you don't need then I'll tip my hat to you.

just1more

You have one that still works so why do you want a new one; and more importantly why should insurance buy it?

If you can explain why insurance should by you one you don't need then I'll tip my hat to you.

just1more

just1more

just1more

<br />
<br />You have one that still works so why do you want a new one; and more importantly why should insurance buy it?
<br />
<br />If you can explain why insurance should by you one you don't need then I'll tip my hat to you.

JennifersHope

I did just get a new vest I got the enCourage, I was able to get it because I had a brand new insurance company.

I know I had the 104 vest model and it didn't work for crap for me, it didn't have good pressures and the tubes were always falling off, maybe you can argue that you need one that works better for your body type. or one that is going to help keep you out of the hospital.

Everyone deserves to have the best medical equipment available to us, we should not have to beg, If a new piece of equipment comes out, we should be able to get it if it works better.

JennifersHope

I did just get a new vest I got the enCourage, I was able to get it because I had a brand new insurance company.

I know I had the 104 vest model and it didn't work for crap for me, it didn't have good pressures and the tubes were always falling off, maybe you can argue that you need one that works better for your body type. or one that is going to help keep you out of the hospital.

Everyone deserves to have the best medical equipment available to us, we should not have to beg, If a new piece of equipment comes out, we should be able to get it if it works better.

JennifersHope

JennifersHope

JennifersHope

<br />
<br />I know I had the 104 vest model and it didn't work for crap for me, it didn't have good pressures and the tubes were always falling off, maybe you can argue that you need one that works better for your body type. or one that is going to help keep you out of the hospital.
<br />
<br />Everyone deserves to have the best medical equipment available to us, we should not have to beg, If a new piece of equipment comes out, we should be able to get it if it works better.