is drinking bad ?

TwistedTanya

I have had many weekends drinking and it would be nice for a little while b/c I didn't cough as much but what was really happening was the mucous was just building up and I wasn't getting it up. So either later that night or the next day, I would feel so full of it and coughed for so long. Sometimes the excessive coughing would make me puke. You also have to be careful b/c alcohol thins your blood and if you ever get a bleed in your lungs, it will bleed a lot more and could cause you serious problems. There are a lot of carbs in the drinks too so if you have high sugars you need to be careful of that too. I think if you do drink, just be careful! I have cut WAY back due to declining health and more lung bleeds. Plus, I started getting to the point where I would have chest pains if I drank for than a couple mixed drinks. Just not worth it to me anymore.

TwistedTanya

I have had many weekends drinking and it would be nice for a little while b/c I didn't cough as much but what was really happening was the mucous was just building up and I wasn't getting it up. So either later that night or the next day, I would feel so full of it and coughed for so long. Sometimes the excessive coughing would make me puke. You also have to be careful b/c alcohol thins your blood and if you ever get a bleed in your lungs, it will bleed a lot more and could cause you serious problems. There are a lot of carbs in the drinks too so if you have high sugars you need to be careful of that too. I think if you do drink, just be careful! I have cut WAY back due to declining health and more lung bleeds. Plus, I started getting to the point where I would have chest pains if I drank for than a couple mixed drinks. Just not worth it to me anymore.

TwistedTanya

TwistedTanya

TwistedTanya

S

SeeEff

I have CF & I don't drink.
Mostly because I simply don't like the taste of alcohol.
And also because I just don't need another problem with my body. I don't understand people who get some drunk that they hurl or have a hangover.
I vomit enough on my own - be from treatments or just coughing to hard.

but that's me.

S

SeeEff

And also because I just don't need another problem with my body. I don't understand people who get some drunk that they hurl or have a hangover.

but that's me.

S

SeeEff

but that's me.

S

SeeEff

but that's me.

S

SeeEff

<br />Mostly because I simply don't like the taste of alcohol.
<br />And also because I just don't need another problem with my body. I don't understand people who get some drunk that they hurl or have a hangover.
<br />I vomit enough on my own - be from treatments or just coughing to hard.
<br />
<br />but that's me.

laulau555

i agree SeeEff. i don't drink because i don't want another problem with my body and i'm happy just the way i am without anything affecting my behavior. i also don't drink because i've had problems with my liver in the past and allergic reaction that messed with my liver. i don't drink cause i dont wanna take any chances. anything to make this short life a lil longer helps!

laulau555

i agree SeeEff. i don't drink because i don't want another problem with my body and i'm happy just the way i am without anything affecting my behavior. i also don't drink because i've had problems with my liver in the past and allergic reaction that messed with my liver. i don't drink cause i dont wanna take any chances. anything to make this short life a lil longer helps!

laulau555

laulau555

laulau555

jcbangl

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>gossipgirl808</b></i>

ok, so i know smoking isnt that good for cf, but i was wondering if drinking was too ? i mean, it doesnt seem like it is, but i just dont know cause this disease is so complicated. so help me ? thanks ( :</end quote></div>

yes drinkin is bad. it will kill ur liver.
and trust me u don't want liver failure
i got it but not from drinkin my cf killed mine. and i have to go in for this gi scope procedure every month to two months and get varacies banded. and it is not fun to not be able to eat things u really love coz of that type of food could slice open a varacie. and they are already kinda loose from straining hard from failure from the liver. my advice DO NOT DRINK!!!

jcbangl

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>gossipgirl808</b></i>

ok, so i know smoking isnt that good for cf, but i was wondering if drinking was too ? i mean, it doesnt seem like it is, but i just dont know cause this disease is so complicated. so help me ? thanks ( :</end quote></div>

i got it but not from drinkin my cf killed mine. and i have to go in for this gi scope procedure every month to two months and get varacies banded. and it is not fun to not be able to eat things u really love coz of that type of food could slice open a varacie. and they are already kinda loose from straining hard from failure from the liver. my advice DO NOT DRINK!!!

jcbangl

jcbangl

ok, so i know smoking isnt that good for cf, but i was wondering if drinking was too ? i mean, it doesnt seem like it is, but i just dont know cause this disease is so complicated. so help me ? thanks ( :</end quote>

jcbangl

<br />
<br />ok, so i know smoking isnt that good for cf, but i was wondering if drinking was too ? i mean, it doesnt seem like it is, but i just dont know cause this disease is so complicated. so help me ? thanks ( :</end quote>
<br />
<br />yes drinkin is bad. it will kill ur liver.
<br />and trust me u don't want liver failure
<br />i got it but not from drinkin my cf killed mine. and i have to go in for this gi scope procedure every month to two months and get varacies banded. and it is not fun to not be able to eat things u really love coz of that type of food could slice open a varacie. and they are already kinda loose from straining hard from failure from the liver. my advice DO NOT DRINK!!!