Is there any Financial help?

leelumlm

I have a 3 year old son with CF and I was wondering if there is any help such as social sercurity or ANYTHING! I just was wondering if there is any relief for low income families.

leelumlm

I have a 3 year old son with CF and I was wondering if there is any help such as social sercurity or ANYTHING! I just was wondering if there is any relief for low income families.

leelumlm

leelumlm

leelumlm

leelumlm

M

Mommafirst

There are several programs that you might qualify for with a CF diagnosis and low income. Many differ state-to-state. Have you met with the social worker at your CF center? They should be able to point you toward the correct agencies to apply to.

M

Mommafirst

There are several programs that you might qualify for with a CF diagnosis and low income. Many differ state-to-state. Have you met with the social worker at your CF center? They should be able to point you toward the correct agencies to apply to.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

leelumlm

I have not spoken with anyone do I ask my doctor about speaking with a social worker. My son goes to a local doctor the is affliated with the CF center in the state. I guess I was nervous about bring this up to my doctor. I don't want anyone to think that i am looking for a hand out and that i am using my sons sickness as a reason.

leelumlm

I have not spoken with anyone do I ask my doctor about speaking with a social worker. My son goes to a local doctor the is affliated with the CF center in the state. I guess I was nervous about bring this up to my doctor. I don't want anyone to think that i am looking for a hand out and that i am using my sons sickness as a reason.

leelumlm

leelumlm

leelumlm

leelumlm

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Our local CF clinic has a social worker, whose pretty much a waste of skin -- apparently CFers in our state are covered under Medical Assistance -- no matter what the income guidelines until age 3. Found this out from another CFer parent whose suing our clinic for that and a few other issues with their infant.

If your child is on Tobi or Pulmozyme, both of those drug companies have foundations in which they'll cover copays or cost of the drugs. Think Tobi Foundation covered anything over $25. With our scripts we have to pay $15 and 20% -- kind of a shock when the copay for a one month supply the start of the year is $536. Eek!

As mentioned, every state has an assistance program. A lot are income based, you could check with your local county social service organization.

Also, check some of the previous posts on financial assistance -- think Julie or Jazzy listed them. Just do a topic search for financial...

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Our local CF clinic has a social worker, whose pretty much a waste of skin -- apparently CFers in our state are covered under Medical Assistance -- no matter what the income guidelines until age 3. Found this out from another CFer parent whose suing our clinic for that and a few other issues with their infant.

If your child is on Tobi or Pulmozyme, both of those drug companies have foundations in which they'll cover copays or cost of the drugs. Think Tobi Foundation covered anything over $25. With our scripts we have to pay $15 and 20% -- kind of a shock when the copay for a one month supply the start of the year is $536. Eek!

As mentioned, every state has an assistance program. A lot are income based, you could check with your local county social service organization.

Also, check some of the previous posts on financial assistance -- think Julie or Jazzy listed them. Just do a topic search for financial...