Is this possible?

melx

I have "hypoglycemia unawareness" Although I have never been lower than in the high 30's, I often do not recognize the low until it is really low. It is not uncommon that I go low with exertion ... even cleaning the house, gardening or light yoga. I agree with the others, you should drink something like a sports drink or juice while exercising and monitor you bg at least every half hour during exercise.

melx

I have "hypoglycemia unawareness" Although I have never been lower than in the high 30's, I often do not recognize the low until it is really low. It is not uncommon that I go low with exertion ... even cleaning the house, gardening or light yoga. I agree with the others, you should drink something like a sports drink or juice while exercising and monitor you bg at least every half hour during exercise.

melx

melx

melx

it could be what was in your blood at the time you can still be conscious because the low sugar or high sugar for that fact hasnt had time to cycyle.....so you drinking and get what you needed prolly prevented it from doing the whole rounds.

it could be what was in your blood at the time you can still be conscious because the low sugar or high sugar for that fact hasnt had time to cycyle.....so you drinking and get what you needed prolly prevented it from doing the whole rounds.

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>ladybug</b></i>

so, not to make light of it, but do i get bragging rights if it was in fact that low and i was still chatting with the DH? i mean, that's uber-tough, eh?! LOL.... kidding of course.</end quote></div>

Although I know you are kidding I also kind of agree. My Nurses in the hospital couldnt believe when my sugars drop that low. I am talking, walking to get my own juice etc & just ring them to let them know. They cant believe my numbers until I show them on my glucometer LOL!

We are a tough group!!!

JazzysMom

so, not to make light of it, but do i get bragging rights if it was in fact that low and i was still chatting with the DH? i mean, that's uber-tough, eh?! LOL.... kidding of course.</end quote></div>

Although I know you are kidding I also kind of agree. My Nurses in the hospital couldnt believe when my sugars drop that low. I am talking, walking to get my own juice etc & just ring them to let them know. They cant believe my numbers until I show them on my glucometer LOL!

We are a tough group!!!

JazzysMom

We are a tough group!!!

JazzysMom

so, not to make light of it, but do i get bragging rights if it was in fact that low and i was still chatting with the DH? i mean, that's uber-tough, eh?! LOL.... kidding of course.</end quote>

We are a tough group!!!

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />so, not to make light of it, but do i get bragging rights if it was in fact that low and i was still chatting with the DH? i mean, that's uber-tough, eh?! LOL.... kidding of course.</end quote>
<br />
<br />Although I know you are kidding I also kind of agree. My Nurses in the hospital couldnt believe when my sugars drop that low. I am talking, walking to get my own juice etc & just ring them to let them know. They cant believe my numbers until I show them on my glucometer LOL!
<br />
<br />We are a tough group!!!
<br />
<br />

Jeana

I find that the longer I've had diabetes, the lower my blood sugar can go without me noticing. It used to be the 70s made me shaky. My lowest blood sugar that went unnoticed for quite some time was in the 30s. It makes me want to take one unit less than I figure I need and then do a sliding scale afterwards sometimes, especially if I'm eating out and estimating.

Jeana

I find that the longer I've had diabetes, the lower my blood sugar can go without me noticing. It used to be the 70s made me shaky. My lowest blood sugar that went unnoticed for quite some time was in the 30s. It makes me want to take one unit less than I figure I need and then do a sliding scale afterwards sometimes, especially if I'm eating out and estimating.

Jeana

Jeana

Jeana