Keeping Active as your Focus

EnergyGal

What motivates people to exercise can be a number of many things.

I have learned the value of what exercise can do for the body and knowing what each exercise movement can do overall, is enough for me. Not to mention all the other wonderful aspects of what exercise can do for all of us.

For some it can be to look better, to feel better, stronger bones, tones muscles, to breathe better, to feel younger, to feel stronger, to know you can fight off illness more effectively, to know that your legs will get you out of bed after surgery after lying on your butt for too long, to know that you are preparing for your future and buiding a foundation for your life.

For those of us who have cf, a better appetite, stronger shoulders and chest, a stronger diaphragm, to live longer, look healthier, knowing your own weaknesses and strengthening them, just being part of another daily routine other than chest clearing therapy and most of all a commitment to your own life.

You need to reach deep down inside yourself and find whatever it takes to believe that you need to DO IT!! to be able to have a chance at fully winning this illness is just one part of it.

Ok here you all can laugh but after my first transplant I would wake up in the morning and sing the Mickey Mouse TUNE to myself with the words M-o-t-i-v-a-t-i-o-n Motivation!!!! Motivation!! Can you hear the song now?

EnergyGal

I have learned the value of what exercise can do for the body and knowing what each exercise movement can do overall, is enough for me. Not to mention all the other wonderful aspects of what exercise can do for all of us.

For some it can be to look better, to feel better, stronger bones, tones muscles, to breathe better, to feel younger, to feel stronger, to know you can fight off illness more effectively, to know that your legs will get you out of bed after surgery after lying on your butt for too long, to know that you are preparing for your future and buiding a foundation for your life.

For those of us who have cf, a better appetite, stronger shoulders and chest, a stronger diaphragm, to live longer, look healthier, knowing your own weaknesses and strengthening them, just being part of another daily routine other than chest clearing therapy and most of all a commitment to your own life.

You need to reach deep down inside yourself and find whatever it takes to believe that you need to DO IT!! to be able to have a chance at fully winning this illness is just one part of it.

Ok here you all can laugh but after my first transplant I would wake up in the morning and sing the Mickey Mouse TUNE to myself with the words M-o-t-i-v-a-t-i-o-n Motivation!!!! Motivation!! Can you hear the song now?

EnergyGal

EnergyGal

EnergyGal

65rosessamurai

*CHUCKLE*
Though, seriously, having a routine like that would be a good reminder that having a transplant was the opportunity for a second chance.
However, I had realized that excercise was important when I was 18, a little on the chubby side, and something had just occured to me that if I didn't find something to keep me active the rest of my life, it wasn't going to be that long of a life.
I realized that the martial arts, though very tough for me in the beginning, was really the only interest I had that would keep me going.

65rosessamurai

*CHUCKLE*
Though, seriously, having a routine like that would be a good reminder that having a transplant was the opportunity for a second chance.
However, I had realized that excercise was important when I was 18, a little on the chubby side, and something had just occured to me that if I didn't find something to keep me active the rest of my life, it wasn't going to be that long of a life.
I realized that the martial arts, though very tough for me in the beginning, was really the only interest I had that would keep me going.

65rosessamurai

*CHUCKLE*

65rosessamurai

*CHUCKLE*

65rosessamurai

*CHUCKLE*

EnergyGal

That is wonderful Fred that you were involved at a very young age.

My father encouraged me to jog at a very young age. Every night he would ask me if I did my pushups and situps. Some nights I lied to him and then did them afterward but at least guilt set in and I kept moving. I started to jog with him at seventeen or younger (do not remember) and kept it up throughout my twenties. I stopped for awhile and boy did I feel the difference. I did not understand that once you stop exercise, you pay a big price. Out of shape, lungs decline their function and back to starting out all over again. I loved running in the 10k's and 5k's

I am glad that I always kept in shape and kept a strict chest physio program and ate well. There is no way I would have lived as long as I have without all of the things that I did. My friends with CF knew that I was into the "Double Therapy" If after a cpt session if I did not feel clear, I would have my therapist do the therapy session over. There are a lot of things that I did on my own out of necessity so I could live a longer life and stay clear of many infections. I was terrified of catching mycobacteriums, aspergillious etc... so in my head, doing double therapies and eating well as well as exercise was the answer for me.

For some people like yourself, you were not deeply affected by your cf. Martial arts are wonderful. I took a few classes in college and remember one kata. I was kind of scared whene we were sparring at first but I did what i had to do to pass the class.

Thanks for your replys

EnergyGal

My father encouraged me to jog at a very young age. Every night he would ask me if I did my pushups and situps. Some nights I lied to him and then did them afterward but at least guilt set in and I kept moving. I started to jog with him at seventeen or younger (do not remember) and kept it up throughout my twenties. I stopped for awhile and boy did I feel the difference. I did not understand that once you stop exercise, you pay a big price. Out of shape, lungs decline their function and back to starting out all over again. I loved running in the 10k's and 5k's

I am glad that I always kept in shape and kept a strict chest physio program and ate well. There is no way I would have lived as long as I have without all of the things that I did. My friends with CF knew that I was into the "Double Therapy" If after a cpt session if I did not feel clear, I would have my therapist do the therapy session over. There are a lot of things that I did on my own out of necessity so I could live a longer life and stay clear of many infections. I was terrified of catching mycobacteriums, aspergillious etc... so in my head, doing double therapies and eating well as well as exercise was the answer for me.

For some people like yourself, you were not deeply affected by your cf. Martial arts are wonderful. I took a few classes in college and remember one kata. I was kind of scared whene we were sparring at first but I did what i had to do to pass the class.

Thanks for your replys

EnergyGal

Thanks for your replys

EnergyGal

Thanks for your replys

EnergyGal

Thanks for your replys