Kindergarten Next Fall

summer732

I will say that the enzyme issue was a problem for me too, especially in Elementary School. they only allowed the school nurse to give me my enzymes and sometimes she would leave me sitting there and I would miss most of lunch. So when i went to sixth grade we didn't say a thing about the enzymes and my mom packed them in tinfoil along with my lunch. I became an expert at sneaking them in at lunch so that the teachers wouldn't catch me. I did that all through high school too.

I never had any sort of special plan in place. In Middle School, my mom and I both spoke to all of my teachers about CF. In High School and college, it was my resonsbility to address the issue. Freshman year of college, i didn't tell any of my professors about CF. When I became more ill my Sophomore and Junior year, I spoke to all of my professors before classes started and told them the issues. So some find it necessary to have a legal document in place, I personally did fine without one!

summer732

I will say that the enzyme issue was a problem for me too, especially in Elementary School. they only allowed the school nurse to give me my enzymes and sometimes she would leave me sitting there and I would miss most of lunch. So when i went to sixth grade we didn't say a thing about the enzymes and my mom packed them in tinfoil along with my lunch. I became an expert at sneaking them in at lunch so that the teachers wouldn't catch me. I did that all through high school too.

I never had any sort of special plan in place. In Middle School, my mom and I both spoke to all of my teachers about CF. In High School and college, it was my resonsbility to address the issue. Freshman year of college, i didn't tell any of my professors about CF. When I became more ill my Sophomore and Junior year, I spoke to all of my professors before classes started and told them the issues. So some find it necessary to have a legal document in place, I personally did fine without one!

summer732

summer732

summer732

<br />
<br />I never had any sort of special plan in place. In Middle School, my mom and I both spoke to all of my teachers about CF. In High School and college, it was my resonsbility to address the issue. Freshman year of college, i didn't tell any of my professors about CF. When I became more ill my Sophomore and Junior year, I spoke to all of my professors before classes started and told them the issues. So some find it necessary to have a legal document in place, I personally did fine without one!
<br />
<br />

fourkidsmom

Liz- Hi

Brady- who is now is 1st grade just got an "OHI" which is Other Health Impaired-- you can look up on internet for all the info. We went in for a 504 and when they did the testing they found he may be at threat for down the road falling behind in reading, so it is kind of an IEP and 504 all together-- it is a good thing. We never have had problems with the teachers or school ever, but I wanted this is place for the future, because you don't know who will be his teacher in the years to come and he also gets a tutor after 5 days absent, so if he is in the hospital they will have a tutor come for him and help out.

Also i keep in touch with his teacher by email and she has her cell phone with her at all times with my number programmed in for any emergencies.

My 5 yr old girl w/out cf will be going to kindergarten this fall- she is more of a worry than my 6 yr old with cf. She will have an IEP in place from her special needs preschool and then she will be in a multi disabilites class. So needless to say I am learning alot about these IEP's, 504's and OHI's.

If you are like me you are feeling anxious about them starting kindergarten already--- August will be here before we know it!!!

Fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

Liz- Hi

Brady- who is now is 1st grade just got an "OHI" which is Other Health Impaired-- you can look up on internet for all the info. We went in for a 504 and when they did the testing they found he may be at threat for down the road falling behind in reading, so it is kind of an IEP and 504 all together-- it is a good thing. We never have had problems with the teachers or school ever, but I wanted this is place for the future, because you don't know who will be his teacher in the years to come and he also gets a tutor after 5 days absent, so if he is in the hospital they will have a tutor come for him and help out.

Also i keep in touch with his teacher by email and she has her cell phone with her at all times with my number programmed in for any emergencies.

My 5 yr old girl w/out cf will be going to kindergarten this fall- she is more of a worry than my 6 yr old with cf. She will have an IEP in place from her special needs preschool and then she will be in a multi disabilites class. So needless to say I am learning alot about these IEP's, 504's and OHI's.

If you are like me you are feeling anxious about them starting kindergarten already--- August will be here before we know it!!!

Fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

Liz- Hi

Fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

Liz- Hi

Fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

Liz- Hi
<br />
<br />Brady- who is now is 1st grade just got an "OHI" which is Other Health Impaired-- you can look up on internet for all the info. We went in for a 504 and when they did the testing they found he may be at threat for down the road falling behind in reading, so it is kind of an IEP and 504 all together-- it is a good thing. We never have had problems with the teachers or school ever, but I wanted this is place for the future, because you don't know who will be his teacher in the years to come and he also gets a tutor after 5 days absent, so if he is in the hospital they will have a tutor come for him and help out.
<br />
<br />Also i keep in touch with his teacher by email and she has her cell phone with her at all times with my number programmed in for any emergencies.
<br />
<br />My 5 yr old girl w/out cf will be going to kindergarten this fall- she is more of a worry than my 6 yr old with cf. She will have an IEP in place from her special needs preschool and then she will be in a multi disabilites class. So needless to say I am learning alot about these IEP's, 504's and OHI's.
<br />
<br />If you are like me you are feeling anxious about them starting kindergarten already--- August will be here before we know it!!!
<br />
<br />Fourkidsmom

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
See, that's my concern -- that he's going to think he's going to miss out on something and might try to skip enzymes,skip lunch. That he might get some crabby lady in the school office... One of my coworkers, whose spouse is a teacher at one of the local elementary schools talks about all the "druggies" (adhd) who all line up to get their meds before lunch. Once they get to middle school (6th grade) they're allowed to carry their own meds.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
See, that's my concern -- that he's going to think he's going to miss out on something and might try to skip enzymes,skip lunch. That he might get some crabby lady in the school office... One of my coworkers, whose spouse is a teacher at one of the local elementary schools talks about all the "druggies" (adhd) who all line up to get their meds before lunch. Once they get to middle school (6th grade) they're allowed to carry their own meds.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />