Memories of Lauren (lightNlife)

lightNlifesMan

Terri: that's my favorite picture of us, too!

Leah: I remember when Lauren met you and your sister on Blogger. You were the first CFers she had met in a really long time (since cepacia and cross-infection issues had isolated her around '98 or '99), and she was so excited to have found new friends online.

Fred: That picture of you and your wife from this past New Year is still up on the fridge! It reminds me to think about and pray for you often.

Thanks for the quick responses, everybody! And, of course, I'd love to hear what anyone else might like to share as well.

lightNlifesMan

Leah: I remember when Lauren met you and your sister on Blogger. You were the first CFers she had met in a really long time (since cepacia and cross-infection issues had isolated her around '98 or '99), and she was so excited to have found new friends online.

Fred: That picture of you and your wife from this past New Year is still up on the fridge! It reminds me to think about and pray for you often.

Thanks for the quick responses, everybody! And, of course, I'd love to hear what anyone else might like to share as well.

lightNlifesMan

lightNlifesMan

lightNlifesMan

<br />
<br />Leah: I remember when Lauren met you and your sister on Blogger. You were the first CFers she had met in a really long time (since cepacia and cross-infection issues had isolated her around '98 or '99), and she was so excited to have found new friends online.
<br />
<br />Fred: That picture of you and your wife from this past New Year is still up on the fridge! It reminds me to think about and pray for you often.
<br />
<br />Thanks for the quick responses, everybody! And, of course, I'd love to hear what anyone else might like to share as well.

NYCLawGirl

Lauren was always such a giver. She sent me encouraging messages more than once when I was in the hospital or just dealing with annoying CF issues. I went through the eval for transplant about a year before she did and we messaged a little back and forth about it -- seems like we were both in a similar situation with higher FEV1s (by transplant standards) but major issues with infection. I loved her positive attitude and ability to see everything in life as such a gift from God. Her faith was such a strong and obvious aspect of her personality.

I also remember Lauren for her TIRELESS effort to educate people about CF. Beyond her amazing "understanding CF" blog, she was always willing to jump in on a conversation to share info or correct a misunderstanding. I always waited for her posts in the many threads about cepacia -- she would chime in with her wealth of knowledge and positive attitude and help answer everyone's questions. She was the first to really explain to me about the different variations of cepacia.

My favorite Lauren memory, though, is of the silly song parodies that she would make up. "I coughed all night" ("Oh what a night" by Billy Joel) and others literally had me laughing so hard I couldn't breathe at times. She had such a great sense of humor about it all, and could always help share a much-needed smile.

Brad, I am so sorry for your loss. Please know that your wife was a wonderful, caring, and beloved member of the CF community and that we all miss her brightness and spirit. Her screenname said it all: she truly managed to find (and show others) the amazing light in life.

NYCLawGirl

Lauren was always such a giver. She sent me encouraging messages more than once when I was in the hospital or just dealing with annoying CF issues. I went through the eval for transplant about a year before she did and we messaged a little back and forth about it -- seems like we were both in a similar situation with higher FEV1s (by transplant standards) but major issues with infection. I loved her positive attitude and ability to see everything in life as such a gift from God. Her faith was such a strong and obvious aspect of her personality.

I also remember Lauren for her TIRELESS effort to educate people about CF. Beyond her amazing "understanding CF" blog, she was always willing to jump in on a conversation to share info or correct a misunderstanding. I always waited for her posts in the many threads about cepacia -- she would chime in with her wealth of knowledge and positive attitude and help answer everyone's questions. She was the first to really explain to me about the different variations of cepacia.

My favorite Lauren memory, though, is of the silly song parodies that she would make up. "I coughed all night" ("Oh what a night" by Billy Joel) and others literally had me laughing so hard I couldn't breathe at times. She had such a great sense of humor about it all, and could always help share a much-needed smile.

Brad, I am so sorry for your loss. Please know that your wife was a wonderful, caring, and beloved member of the CF community and that we all miss her brightness and spirit. Her screenname said it all: she truly managed to find (and show others) the amazing light in life.

NYCLawGirl

NYCLawGirl

NYCLawGirl

<br />
<br />I also remember Lauren for her TIRELESS effort to educate people about CF. Beyond her amazing "understanding CF" blog, she was always willing to jump in on a conversation to share info or correct a misunderstanding. I always waited for her posts in the many threads about cepacia -- she would chime in with her wealth of knowledge and positive attitude and help answer everyone's questions. She was the first to really explain to me about the different variations of cepacia.
<br />
<br />My favorite Lauren memory, though, is of the silly song parodies that she would make up. "I coughed all night" ("Oh what a night" by Billy Joel) and others literally had me laughing so hard I couldn't breathe at times. She had such a great sense of humor about it all, and could always help share a much-needed smile.
<br />
<br />Brad, I am so sorry for your loss. Please know that your wife was a wonderful, caring, and beloved member of the CF community and that we all miss her brightness and spirit. Her screenname said it all: she truly managed to find (and show others) the amazing light in life.

izemmom

Brad,

I didn't know Lauren very well. I'm not sure we ever wxchanged PM's and she wasn't a frequent commenter on my blogs or posts. But, I wanted to say that I noticed, over the years of cf bloghopping, that many, many cf sites out there link to Lauren's site. It didn't matter the age of the cf'er or wether the person was a parent or patient...almost everyone who blogs about CF knew Lauren and referred others to her blog. That's a testament to her vast knowledge and her wonderful way with words. People trusted in her opinions and wanted her input. She will be missed for a long time to come.

izemmom

Brad,

I didn't know Lauren very well. I'm not sure we ever wxchanged PM's and she wasn't a frequent commenter on my blogs or posts. But, I wanted to say that I noticed, over the years of cf bloghopping, that many, many cf sites out there link to Lauren's site. It didn't matter the age of the cf'er or wether the person was a parent or patient...almost everyone who blogs about CF knew Lauren and referred others to her blog. That's a testament to her vast knowledge and her wonderful way with words. People trusted in her opinions and wanted her input. She will be missed for a long time to come.

izemmom

Brad,

izemmom

Brad,

izemmom

Brad,
<br />
<br />I didn't know Lauren very well. I'm not sure we ever wxchanged PM's and she wasn't a frequent commenter on my blogs or posts. But, I wanted to say that I noticed, over the years of cf bloghopping, that many, many cf sites out there link to Lauren's site. It didn't matter the age of the cf'er or wether the person was a parent or patient...almost everyone who blogs about CF knew Lauren and referred others to her blog. That's a testament to her vast knowledge and her wonderful way with words. People trusted in her opinions and wanted her input. She will be missed for a long time to come.

JORDYSMOM

I've been thinking about you lately, Brad. I'm glad you've come to us, because Lauren really meant so much to us here. I too will go through my PMs and share them with you.

Lauren was very funny, and she had a way of making me smile even when I was very sad. I blogged about our family's rabbit passing away. Our rabbits name was Fuzzy Butt Bunny. Lauren took a picture of her bunny's behind, and posted it on my blog. It was just what I needed.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

I've been thinking about you lately, Brad. I'm glad you've come to us, because Lauren really meant so much to us here. I too will go through my PMs and share them with you.

Lauren was very funny, and she had a way of making me smile even when I was very sad. I blogged about our family's rabbit passing away. Our rabbits name was Fuzzy Butt Bunny. Lauren took a picture of her bunny's behind, and posted it on my blog. It was just what I needed.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

<br />
<br />Lauren was very funny, and she had a way of making me smile even when I was very sad. I blogged about our family's rabbit passing away. Our rabbits name was Fuzzy Butt Bunny. Lauren took a picture of her bunny's behind, and posted it on my blog. It was just what I needed.
<br />
<br />Stacey