My grandmother tells me

izemmom

Well, Jo, ya never know...there was that guy in the New England area that the Vatican just declared had a "Miracle healing" It is counting toward the 3 miracles needed to cannonize Cardinal John Newmann. They are investigating the healing of a 19 year old from Michigan (I think) as the possible second miracle and are on the "look out" in the US for the third...

No. I'm not that into the Catholic religion, I just read a lot of news blurbs on Google and Yahoo.

Seriously, I do beleive in the power of prayer. It has a great power to be a comfort. So, whenever someone tells me that they pray for us I smile and genuinely say "thank you." But I have no expectation that Emily will be chosen as the reciepeint of a miracle healing, nor that prayer alone will lead us to a cure. Frankly, I kind of feel like it's a slap in the face when someone reassures me that she'll be "just fine."

Just my two cents...

izemmom

Well, Jo, ya never know...there was that guy in the New England area that the Vatican just declared had a "Miracle healing" It is counting toward the 3 miracles needed to cannonize Cardinal John Newmann. They are investigating the healing of a 19 year old from Michigan (I think) as the possible second miracle and are on the "look out" in the US for the third...

No. I'm not that into the Catholic religion, I just read a lot of news blurbs on Google and Yahoo.

Seriously, I do beleive in the power of prayer. It has a great power to be a comfort. So, whenever someone tells me that they pray for us I smile and genuinely say "thank you." But I have no expectation that Emily will be chosen as the reciepeint of a miracle healing, nor that prayer alone will lead us to a cure. Frankly, I kind of feel like it's a slap in the face when someone reassures me that she'll be "just fine."

Just my two cents...

izemmom

Just my two cents...

izemmom

Just my two cents...

izemmom

<br />
<br />No. I'm not that into the Catholic religion, I just read a lot of news blurbs on Google and Yahoo.
<br />
<br />Seriously, I do beleive in the power of prayer. It has a great power to be a comfort. So, whenever someone tells me that they pray for us I smile and genuinely say "thank you." But I have no expectation that Emily will be chosen as the reciepeint of a miracle healing, nor that prayer alone will lead us to a cure. Frankly, I kind of feel like it's a slap in the face when someone reassures me that she'll be "just fine."
<br />
<br />Just my two cents...

PedsNP2007

A couple cousins, who we are not close with, are "those" type of people. I say "those" because I am religious, believe in God, and the power of prayer. I have seen kids survive really bad illnesses, but I have seen kids die from really bad illnesses. I think that while prayer has some power, it does not "cure" the uncurable. I do not feel that my CF will be miraculously taken away from me.

At my sister's wedding, these two cousins took my sister and her husband to a private room and did "praying" over her. They were shouting "CF go away, CF go away! God is miraculous, she shall be cured!" Needless to say, my sister and brother-in-law were shocked and thought it was ridiculous. I think my sister was very embarrassed since these two cousins are kind of strange also.

I believe that others can believe what they want, but they better not try to inflict their beliefs onto me. Do not say that "God will fix you" to me. I believe in science and do not think that my Na-Cl pump will decide to function naturally after 31 years of my life.

The funny thing is, one of these cousins IS a carrier of CF. She decided not to test her husband for carrier status. She disregards science of being that important. Then again, she has not been personally affected with CF.

Just my viewpoint.

Jenn
31 yo cf

PedsNP2007

A couple cousins, who we are not close with, are "those" type of people. I say "those" because I am religious, believe in God, and the power of prayer. I have seen kids survive really bad illnesses, but I have seen kids die from really bad illnesses. I think that while prayer has some power, it does not "cure" the uncurable. I do not feel that my CF will be miraculously taken away from me.

At my sister's wedding, these two cousins took my sister and her husband to a private room and did "praying" over her. They were shouting "CF go away, CF go away! God is miraculous, she shall be cured!" Needless to say, my sister and brother-in-law were shocked and thought it was ridiculous. I think my sister was very embarrassed since these two cousins are kind of strange also.

I believe that others can believe what they want, but they better not try to inflict their beliefs onto me. Do not say that "God will fix you" to me. I believe in science and do not think that my Na-Cl pump will decide to function naturally after 31 years of my life.

The funny thing is, one of these cousins IS a carrier of CF. She decided not to test her husband for carrier status. She disregards science of being that important. Then again, she has not been personally affected with CF.

Just my viewpoint.

Jenn
31 yo cf

PedsNP2007

Just my viewpoint.

Jenn
31 yo cf

PedsNP2007

Just my viewpoint.

Jenn
31 yo cf

PedsNP2007

<br />
<br />At my sister's wedding, these two cousins took my sister and her husband to a private room and did "praying" over her. They were shouting "CF go away, CF go away! God is miraculous, she shall be cured!" Needless to say, my sister and brother-in-law were shocked and thought it was ridiculous. I think my sister was very embarrassed since these two cousins are kind of strange also.
<br />
<br />I believe that others can believe what they want, but they better not try to inflict their beliefs onto me. Do not say that "God will fix you" to me. I believe in science and do not think that my Na-Cl pump will decide to function naturally after 31 years of my life.
<br />
<br />The funny thing is, one of these cousins IS a carrier of CF. She decided not to test her husband for carrier status. She disregards science of being that important. Then again, she has not been personally affected with CF.
<br />
<br />Just my viewpoint.
<br />
<br />Jenn
<br />31 yo cf

V

valigirl21

I believe that God heals all things, but maybe not in the way we expect or would like. When I pray for all of us that battle this disease every day I don't expect everyone to suddenly be "cured." One day without coughing, maintaining his weight for 3 months, to me that's healing. Even one day of med compliance is healing; anytime something doesn't get worse that's a healing to me. Even for those who ultimately lose the battle there is a healing of some kind. Sorry if this offends anyone, but it works for me. I don't know your Grandmother, but maybe it helps her too. We all find our own way.

V

valigirl21

I believe that God heals all things, but maybe not in the way we expect or would like. When I pray for all of us that battle this disease every day I don't expect everyone to suddenly be "cured." One day without coughing, maintaining his weight for 3 months, to me that's healing. Even one day of med compliance is healing; anytime something doesn't get worse that's a healing to me. Even for those who ultimately lose the battle there is a healing of some kind. Sorry if this offends anyone, but it works for me. I don't know your Grandmother, but maybe it helps her too. We all find our own way.

V

valigirl21

V

valigirl21

V

valigirl21

adamsants

I have to say I believe in the power of prayer as well. It makes me feel better to pray and for other to pray for my son. Do I think he will be cured? Who knows that is what miracles are for. I pray for a cure, or a medication that will prolong his life and those with C.F. Anything that comes along now (med,wise) I consider a answer to my prayers.

Peace

adamsants

I have to say I believe in the power of prayer as well. It makes me feel better to pray and for other to pray for my son. Do I think he will be cured? Who knows that is what miracles are for. I pray for a cure, or a medication that will prolong his life and those with C.F. Anything that comes along now (med,wise) I consider a answer to my prayers.

Peace

adamsants

Peace

adamsants

Peace

adamsants

<br />
<br />Peace