pain management... please help

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>kmaried</b></i>

I really do want to know though -- what are the bad side effects from percocet? I know addiction, but I am not worried about that.

Kris</end quote></div>

I had terrible itching from it & its known to constipate ya badly.

JazzysMom

I really do want to know though -- what are the bad side effects from percocet? I know addiction, but I am not worried about that.

Kris</end quote></div>

JazzysMom

Kris</end quote></div>

JazzysMom

Kris</end quote>

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />
<br />I really do want to know though -- what are the bad side effects from percocet? I know addiction, but I am not worried about that.
<br />
<br />Kris</end quote>
<br />
<br />I had terrible itching from it & its known to constipate ya badly.
<br />
<br />

Havoc

www.rxlist.com is a good website for looking up info on meds. They have the PK info as well as a watered down patient guide, depending on the complexity of information you are looking for.

Havoc

www.rxlist.com is a good website for looking up info on meds. They have the PK info as well as a watered down patient guide, depending on the complexity of information you are looking for.

Havoc

Havoc

Havoc

labellavita

ive been on percocet almost everyday since feb 08 when i had a surgery go awry and the dr punctured my small intestine and caused major internal scar tissue. it hasn't caused any serious constipation, if im not in pain for 2-3 days i can not take the pills and im not sweating it out feigning for another one... the only real problem is it doesn't really cut the pain. it takes it from a constant 8-9 (which is where its at at a daily basis, on top of the lung pain and back pain) to like a functional 6 so i can work and do what i need to and not be rushed to the er for incessant vomiting because the pain is so bad.... which is what happens when i listen to ppl judging me telling me im a drug addict so i go without the pain meds to prove a point. again... theres no fever, no shaking no other "withdrawal" symptons during these vomiting episodes, and they were the reason i had the surgery in the first place, so i can't tell you any real horrible side effects of the drug from my experience, except its lack of complete pain removal....

labellavita

ive been on percocet almost everyday since feb 08 when i had a surgery go awry and the dr punctured my small intestine and caused major internal scar tissue. it hasn't caused any serious constipation, if im not in pain for 2-3 days i can not take the pills and im not sweating it out feigning for another one... the only real problem is it doesn't really cut the pain. it takes it from a constant 8-9 (which is where its at at a daily basis, on top of the lung pain and back pain) to like a functional 6 so i can work and do what i need to and not be rushed to the er for incessant vomiting because the pain is so bad.... which is what happens when i listen to ppl judging me telling me im a drug addict so i go without the pain meds to prove a point. again... theres no fever, no shaking no other "withdrawal" symptons during these vomiting episodes, and they were the reason i had the surgery in the first place, so i can't tell you any real horrible side effects of the drug from my experience, except its lack of complete pain removal....

labellavita

labellavita

labellavita

<br />

coltsfan715

I had some serious issues with muscle pain and tightness from constant coughing pre transplant. I have never been one to want to be on pain meds so to me that wasn't really an option. I took tylenol on occasion but nothing on a regular basis.

One thing that really did help though was to talk to my doc about pulmonary rehab or physical therapy coupled with massage therapy.

There were times when I had pain to the point I could barely breathe let along function properly. You could have touched my sides and ribs and I would just cry in pain. I had my doc write orders for physical therapy and massage therapy for chronic pain and muscle spasms caused by cystic fibrosis and chronic respiratory illness. My insurance covered it no problem with the order written that way.

It took a few days going to the massage therapy and physical therapy to feel the difference but it helped tremendously. That and the phsyical therapy can help your overall status. The last order I had for this pre transplant was maybe 4 months before I had my transplant. The phsyical therapists can work to what you are able to do so long as they know your health status and building some strength in your core will help with the muscular pain as well- speaking from experience.

That is the only thing that ever really helped me in any long term way. Doing the massage and physical therapy periodically in the years before my transplant helped to keep me off heavy narcotic pain meds until I was in recovery post transplant. Seriously the strongest thing I took pre transplant was Aleve or Tylenol and I personally feel it was in large part to the massage therapy helping to open me up and relax my tight chest muscles from the coughing and from the breathing in general.

Maybe just talk to the doc and tell him since he isn't wanting to do the pain med thing ask if you can do the other. It may help - hopefully it does if you try it. If not I am sorry to hear.

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

I had some serious issues with muscle pain and tightness from constant coughing pre transplant. I have never been one to want to be on pain meds so to me that wasn't really an option. I took tylenol on occasion but nothing on a regular basis.

One thing that really did help though was to talk to my doc about pulmonary rehab or physical therapy coupled with massage therapy.

There were times when I had pain to the point I could barely breathe let along function properly. You could have touched my sides and ribs and I would just cry in pain. I had my doc write orders for physical therapy and massage therapy for chronic pain and muscle spasms caused by cystic fibrosis and chronic respiratory illness. My insurance covered it no problem with the order written that way.

It took a few days going to the massage therapy and physical therapy to feel the difference but it helped tremendously. That and the phsyical therapy can help your overall status. The last order I had for this pre transplant was maybe 4 months before I had my transplant. The phsyical therapists can work to what you are able to do so long as they know your health status and building some strength in your core will help with the muscular pain as well- speaking from experience.

That is the only thing that ever really helped me in any long term way. Doing the massage and physical therapy periodically in the years before my transplant helped to keep me off heavy narcotic pain meds until I was in recovery post transplant. Seriously the strongest thing I took pre transplant was Aleve or Tylenol and I personally feel it was in large part to the massage therapy helping to open me up and relax my tight chest muscles from the coughing and from the breathing in general.

Maybe just talk to the doc and tell him since he isn't wanting to do the pain med thing ask if you can do the other. It may help - hopefully it does if you try it. If not I am sorry to hear.

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

<br />
<br />One thing that really did help though was to talk to my doc about pulmonary rehab or physical therapy coupled with massage therapy.
<br />
<br />There were times when I had pain to the point I could barely breathe let along function properly. You could have touched my sides and ribs and I would just cry in pain. I had my doc write orders for physical therapy and massage therapy for chronic pain and muscle spasms caused by cystic fibrosis and chronic respiratory illness. My insurance covered it no problem with the order written that way.
<br />
<br />It took a few days going to the massage therapy and physical therapy to feel the difference but it helped tremendously. That and the phsyical therapy can help your overall status. The last order I had for this pre transplant was maybe 4 months before I had my transplant. The phsyical therapists can work to what you are able to do so long as they know your health status and building some strength in your core will help with the muscular pain as well- speaking from experience.
<br />
<br />That is the only thing that ever really helped me in any long term way. Doing the massage and physical therapy periodically in the years before my transplant helped to keep me off heavy narcotic pain meds until I was in recovery post transplant. Seriously the strongest thing I took pre transplant was Aleve or Tylenol and I personally feel it was in large part to the massage therapy helping to open me up and relax my tight chest muscles from the coughing and from the breathing in general.
<br />
<br />Maybe just talk to the doc and tell him since he isn't wanting to do the pain med thing ask if you can do the other. It may help - hopefully it does if you try it. If not I am sorry to hear.
<br />
<br />Take Care,
<br />Lindsey