Posers?

corypa

It's fun to sabotage, unfortunately. Watch that show The Mole. As for me, I am not that creative. I am not a cfer. I came here after befriending a few cfers, and losing one. I know that's a loose relation, but I did some serious grieving after losing that one friend, and, as they say, "knowledge is power". Learning about the disease has helped me understand much more than I did.

People that do that and seek to be seen as serious are sad.

corypa

It's fun to sabotage, unfortunately. Watch that show The Mole. As for me, I am not that creative. I am not a cfer. I came here after befriending a few cfers, and losing one. I know that's a loose relation, but I did some serious grieving after losing that one friend, and, as they say, "knowledge is power". Learning about the disease has helped me understand much more than I did.

corypa

corypa

corypa

<br />
<br />People that do that and seek to be seen as serious are sad.

Buckeye

I just wanted to give the newbies a little background because I don't want anyone to feel unwelcome to the site and all the talk of posers might be a little intimidating to the real new people.A few months ago a girl was on this board and was so obviously faking having CF that it caused a stir. At first people spent a lot of time and effort trying to help her because she seemed to be in a bad place CF-wise, but as a little time went on it was becoming extremely evident that she wasn't exactly telling the truth all the time. She contradicted herself many, many times. She would change what mutations she had from one post to the next post. She would talk about going to the ER for GI issues and in the next post mention that she had gone to the ER for chest pains. She had said she was diagnosed at 3 years old and then had also said she had been diagnosed only 5 years ago. She would post on how she was on O2 24/7 and couldn't walk more than a few feet and then later post (like two days later) how great her PFTs were and how great she felt. And the weirdness just went on and on and on.She would use one login for a while and then when people started to catch on to her, she would get a new login. I think she had four before she finally left for a while. Well, she's back again. She has a very specific writing style and tends to talk about the same issues. I think most of the people concerned about her being a poser know exactly which login IDs she is using this time.I hope that clarifies things a little.

Buckeye

I just wanted to give the newbies a little background because I don't want anyone to feel unwelcome to the site and all the talk of posers might be a little intimidating to the real new people.A few months ago a girl was on this board and was so obviously faking having CF that it caused a stir. At first people spent a lot of time and effort trying to help her because she seemed to be in a bad place CF-wise, but as a little time went on it was becoming extremely evident that she wasn't exactly telling the truth all the time. She contradicted herself many, many times. She would change what mutations she had from one post to the next post. She would talk about going to the ER for GI issues and in the next post mention that she had gone to the ER for chest pains. She had said she was diagnosed at 3 years old and then had also said she had been diagnosed only 5 years ago. She would post on how she was on O2 24/7 and couldn't walk more than a few feet and then later post (like two days later) how great her PFTs were and how great she felt. And the weirdness just went on and on and on.She would use one login for a while and then when people started to catch on to her, she would get a new login. I think she had four before she finally left for a while. Well, she's back again. She has a very specific writing style and tends to talk about the same issues. I think most of the people concerned about her being a poser know exactly which login IDs she is using this time.I hope that clarifies things a little.

Buckeye

Buckeye

Buckeye

<p>I just wanted to give the newbies a little background because I don't want anyone to feel unwelcome to the site and all the talk of posers might be a little intimidating to the real new people.<p>A few months ago a girl was on this board and was so obviously faking having CF that it caused a stir. At first people spent a lot of time and effort trying to help her because she seemed to be in a bad place CF-wise, but as a little time went on it was becoming extremely evident that she wasn't exactly telling the truth all the time. She contradicted herself many, many times. She would change what mutations she had from one post to the next post. She would talk about going to the ER for GI issues and in the next post mention that she had gone to the ER for chest pains. She had said she was diagnosed at 3 years old and then had also said she had been diagnosed only 5 years ago. She would post on how she was on O2 24/7 and couldn't walk more than a few feet and then later post (like two days later) how great her PFTs were and how great she felt. And the weirdness just went on and on and on.<p>She would use one login for a while and then when people started to catch on to her, she would get a new login. I think she had four before she finally left for a while. Well, she's back again. She has a very specific writing style and tends to talk about the same issues. I think most of the people concerned about her being a poser know exactly which login IDs she is using this time.<p>I hope that clarifies things a little.

Faust

You guys better be careful. This thread is getting out of control with differing opinions...It might get locked soon!

Faust

You guys better be careful. This thread is getting out of control with differing opinions...It might get locked soon!

Faust

Faust

Faust

<br />
<br />