Pulmozyme &/or Hypertonic Saline at 6months

websterhome

So, Lucy is almost 11 weeks & so far is very healthy. She has pancreatic insuffiency, but is gaining weight nicely with breastfeeding, taking enzymes, multivits, salt & Zantac. Yesterday at our CF Clinic appointment, the pulmonologist talked about starting her on Pulmozyme and or a hypertonic saline solution via neb treatments around 6 months. It's just prophylactic - hoping to prevent damage & possibly infection. Has anyone else's child received these treatments at this early age?

websterhome

So, Lucy is almost 11 weeks & so far is very healthy. She has pancreatic insuffiency, but is gaining weight nicely with breastfeeding, taking enzymes, multivits, salt & Zantac. Yesterday at our CF Clinic appointment, the pulmonologist talked about starting her on Pulmozyme and or a hypertonic saline solution via neb treatments around 6 months. It's just prophylactic - hoping to prevent damage & possibly infection. Has anyone else's child received these treatments at this early age?

websterhome

websterhome

websterhome

S

sdelorenzo

My daughter started pulmozyme at one yr of age. My son started it at one month. Both for preventative. My daughter has always had a difficult time with hypertonic saline. It makes her cough a lot.
Sharon, mom of Sophia, 7 and Jack, 5 both with cf

S

sdelorenzo

My daughter started pulmozyme at one yr of age. My son started it at one month. Both for preventative. My daughter has always had a difficult time with hypertonic saline. It makes her cough a lot.

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

<br />Sharon, mom of Sophia, 7 and Jack, 5 both with cf

SARAHSARAH253

Hi there,

Our son started Pulmozyme at 6 months also, also as a preventative. I have heard over and over again how great this stuff works to help thin out the mucas in the lungs. We haven't started hympertonic saline yet.

Sarah
Mommy to Johnny almost 15 months old

SARAHSARAH253

Hi there,

Our son started Pulmozyme at 6 months also, also as a preventative. I have heard over and over again how great this stuff works to help thin out the mucas in the lungs. We haven't started hympertonic saline yet.

Sarah

SARAHSARAH253

Hi there,

Sarah

SARAHSARAH253

Hi there,

Sarah

SARAHSARAH253

Hi there,
<br />
<br />Our son started Pulmozyme at 6 months also, also as a preventative. I have heard over and over again how great this stuff works to help thin out the mucas in the lungs. We haven't started hympertonic saline yet.
<br />
<br />Sarah
<br />Mommy to Johnny almost 15 months old