Radiologist placing port?

crystalina0814

Michelle (and everyone else!) I cannot describe how comforted I am by your words. I don't know why I keep letting myself get so worked up over this, I know it will be fine. I am just not good with change- and with a PICC I know what to expect, even if it is horrible! I have no clue what to expect with a port and that is what scares me the most I think. That, and I have heard horror stories of being in a "chemical straight jacket" with the sedatives. Feeling everything they are doing, but not being able to communicate the pain. I am also nervous about having 2 toddlers at home right now, a 1 and 3 year old! But I am doing this to stay healthy for them!

crystalina0814

Michelle (and everyone else!) I cannot describe how comforted I am by your words. I don't know why I keep letting myself get so worked up over this, I know it will be fine. I am just not good with change- and with a PICC I know what to expect, even if it is horrible! I have no clue what to expect with a port and that is what scares me the most I think. That, and I have heard horror stories of being in a "chemical straight jacket" with the sedatives. Feeling everything they are doing, but not being able to communicate the pain. I am also nervous about having 2 toddlers at home right now, a 1 and 3 year old! But I am doing this to stay healthy for them!

crystalina0814

crystalina0814

crystalina0814

A

Aspiemom

I think any time you are facing "the unknown" you feel pretty nervous about it.

I just had my 2nd port placed 2 weeks ago. Both were done with light sedation. This last time, especially, I was hardly aware of anything.

A

Aspiemom

I just had my 2nd port placed 2 weeks ago. Both were done with light sedation. This last time, especially, I was hardly aware of anything.

A

Aspiemom

A

Aspiemom

A

Aspiemom

<br />
<br />I just had my 2nd port placed 2 weeks ago. Both were done with light sedation. This last time, especially, I was hardly aware of anything.