Relative with MRSA in Lungs

RebekahsMom

Hi Liza,

My daughter has had MRSA 3 different times (the last time for 5 months) and is always all over my husband who has COPD and is prone to pneumonia, and has asthma. She has never passed anything to any of us, and we have never passed anything to her. (My husband and I both work in a nursing home where we have had a couple of residents with MRSA in a sore.)

I was also sick with the flu several months (hit me hard - in bed for 8 days) ago and she was always careful to just give me a kiss on the cheek when she told me goodnight.

The 1st time she was positive for MRSA, I asked her doc about the possibility of her passing it to anyone else in the house, and he told us there wasn't anything to worry about as long as we weren't goughing in each other's faces.

I hope this helps.

RebekahsMom

Hi Liza,

My daughter has had MRSA 3 different times (the last time for 5 months) and is always all over my husband who has COPD and is prone to pneumonia, and has asthma. She has never passed anything to any of us, and we have never passed anything to her. (My husband and I both work in a nursing home where we have had a couple of residents with MRSA in a sore.)

I was also sick with the flu several months (hit me hard - in bed for 8 days) ago and she was always careful to just give me a kiss on the cheek when she told me goodnight.

The 1st time she was positive for MRSA, I asked her doc about the possibility of her passing it to anyone else in the house, and he told us there wasn't anything to worry about as long as we weren't goughing in each other's faces.

I hope this helps.

RebekahsMom

Hi Liza,

I hope this helps.

RebekahsMom

Hi Liza,

I hope this helps.

RebekahsMom

Hi Liza,
<br />
<br />My daughter has had MRSA 3 different times (the last time for 5 months) and is always all over my husband who has COPD and is prone to pneumonia, and has asthma. She has never passed anything to any of us, and we have never passed anything to her. (My husband and I both work in a nursing home where we have had a couple of residents with MRSA in a sore.)
<br />
<br />I was also sick with the flu several months (hit me hard - in bed for 8 days) ago and she was always careful to just give me a kiss on the cheek when she told me goodnight.
<br />
<br />The 1st time she was positive for MRSA, I asked her doc about the possibility of her passing it to anyone else in the house, and he told us there wasn't anything to worry about as long as we weren't goughing in each other's faces.
<br />
<br />I hope this helps.

Sakem

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>RebekahsMom</b></i>

q]

Perfect post to confirm the risks of the dangers of being around sick people and/or the elderly. If she has had it 3 times, yeah she is prob colinized w/ it, but you have to question where she got it from or why she keeps getting it, good chance u or your husband is bringing it home on your person from the nursing home, or his pnemonia is being swapped back and forth between thime

Sakem

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>RebekahsMom</b></i>

q]

Perfect post to confirm the risks of the dangers of being around sick people and/or the elderly. If she has had it 3 times, yeah she is prob colinized w/ it, but you have to question where she got it from or why she keeps getting it, good chance u or your husband is bringing it home on your person from the nursing home, or his pnemonia is being swapped back and forth between thime

Sakem

q]

Sakem

q]

Sakem

<br />
<br />My daughter has had MRSA 3 different times (the last time for 5 months) and is always all over my husband who has COPD and is prone to pneumonia, and has asthma. She has never passed anything to any of us, and we have never passed anything to her. (My husband and I both work in a nursing home where we have had a couple of residents with MRSA in a sore.)
<br />q]
<br />
<br />Perfect post to confirm the risks of the dangers of being around sick people and/or the elderly. If she has had it 3 times, yeah she is prob colinized w/ it, but you have to question where she got it from or why she keeps getting it, good chance u or your husband is bringing it home on your person from the nursing home, or his pnemonia is being swapped back and forth between thime
<br />

RebekahsMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Sakem</b></i>

Perfect post to confirm the risks of the dangers of being around sick people and/or the elderly. If she has had it 3 times, yeah she is prob colinized w/ it, but you have to question where she got it from or why she keeps getting it, good chance u or your husband is bringing it home on your person from the nursing home, or his pnemonia is being swapped back and forth between thime</end quote></div>

We are very aware of her health issues and are very careful to constantly wash and sanitize our hands numerous times throughout the day and before we come home from work. She is not in close contact with the residents, and I have been working in a nursing home since the time she was diagnosed. She was only positive for the first time a year ago. I don't know where she picked it up from. We all have MRSA on our bodies, however, it doesn't show it's ugly head until it reaches an open sore, or the compromised lungs of someone. She may have gotten it from her very own skin. We will never know. Not only did I ask her doctor if she was contagious and could pass it to everyone else in the house, I also asked him if we could have brought it home from work. His response was "No, it would be very unlikely that would happen." BTW, pneumonia isn't contagious.

RebekahsMom

Perfect post to confirm the risks of the dangers of being around sick people and/or the elderly. If she has had it 3 times, yeah she is prob colinized w/ it, but you have to question where she got it from or why she keeps getting it, good chance u or your husband is bringing it home on your person from the nursing home, or his pnemonia is being swapped back and forth between thime</end quote></div>

We are very aware of her health issues and are very careful to constantly wash and sanitize our hands numerous times throughout the day and before we come home from work. She is not in close contact with the residents, and I have been working in a nursing home since the time she was diagnosed. She was only positive for the first time a year ago. I don't know where she picked it up from. We all have MRSA on our bodies, however, it doesn't show it's ugly head until it reaches an open sore, or the compromised lungs of someone. She may have gotten it from her very own skin. We will never know. Not only did I ask her doctor if she was contagious and could pass it to everyone else in the house, I also asked him if we could have brought it home from work. His response was "No, it would be very unlikely that would happen." BTW, pneumonia isn't contagious.

RebekahsMom

RebekahsMom

Perfect post to confirm the risks of the dangers of being around sick people and/or the elderly. If she has had it 3 times, yeah she is prob colinized w/ it, but you have to question where she got it from or why she keeps getting it, good chance u or your husband is bringing it home on your person from the nursing home, or his pnemonia is being swapped back and forth between thime</end quote>

RebekahsMom

<br />
<br />Perfect post to confirm the risks of the dangers of being around sick people and/or the elderly. If she has had it 3 times, yeah she is prob colinized w/ it, but you have to question where she got it from or why she keeps getting it, good chance u or your husband is bringing it home on your person from the nursing home, or his pnemonia is being swapped back and forth between thime</end quote>
<br />
<br />
<br />We are very aware of her health issues and are very careful to constantly wash and sanitize our hands numerous times throughout the day and before we come home from work. She is not in close contact with the residents, and I have been working in a nursing home since the time she was diagnosed. She was only positive for the first time a year ago. I don't know where she picked it up from. We all have MRSA on our bodies, however, it doesn't show it's ugly head until it reaches an open sore, or the compromised lungs of someone. She may have gotten it from her very own skin. We will never know. Not only did I ask her doctor if she was contagious and could pass it to everyone else in the house, I also asked him if we could have brought it home from work. His response was "No, it would be very unlikely that would happen." BTW, pneumonia isn't contagious.