shocked at how people talk to each other on this site

lightNlife

This topic would have been better suited for a blog; nonetheless, here's my input.

As someone pointed out once before, people love to jump in on the drama, or at least observe it. The less "exciting" topics just don't seem to generate much interest. I'll give what I hope is an innocuous example:

Comments abound on posts with titles that in any way convey frustration. Other topics, like the one wishing me a happy anniversary, not only get few views, but they get few responses.

Something my husband has reminded me in the times that I've gotten all amped up about hot topics in the forums is that when people communicate via the internet, they are not being completely genuine. That's because internet communication, as great as it is, is devoid of the benefit of body language, tone of voice, and truly personal interaction that is part of how we all relate to one another in the real (as opposed to virtual) world.

lightNlife

This topic would have been better suited for a blog; nonetheless, here's my input.

As someone pointed out once before, people love to jump in on the drama, or at least observe it. The less "exciting" topics just don't seem to generate much interest. I'll give what I hope is an innocuous example:

Comments abound on posts with titles that in any way convey frustration. Other topics, like the one wishing me a happy anniversary, not only get few views, but they get few responses.

Something my husband has reminded me in the times that I've gotten all amped up about hot topics in the forums is that when people communicate via the internet, they are not being completely genuine. That's because internet communication, as great as it is, is devoid of the benefit of body language, tone of voice, and truly personal interaction that is part of how we all relate to one another in the real (as opposed to virtual) world.

lightNlife

lightNlife

lightNlife

lightNlife

Sakem

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>lightNlife</b></i>

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>

If u truly feel this thread should have been a blog post, which I totally disagree with, because it relates to all users of this forumn, then how can u be offended that your aniversery post did not get attention...that is def a topic that could be done in a blog.

Sakem

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>lightNlife</b></i>

If u truly feel this thread should have been a blog post, which I totally disagree with, because it relates to all users of this forumn, then how can u be offended that your aniversery post did not get attention...that is def a topic that could be done in a blog.

Sakem

Sakem

Sakem

Sakem

Sakem

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>sakasuka</b></i>

No matter what you post, there's always going to be someone who is going to twist it around and get offended.

Yes, your the queen of this.

But u know what I have always found odd......when Jerry Cahill posts, if it not read by many, nor solicits many responses. This man is not only amazing but an inspiration. My take on this is that A LOT of people don't like positive things, they are jealous.....Misery loves comapany, cause as u all know, he is in the very rare exception, and its' all Luck that he has done so well with his life.....Not that we need to be bowing down to him as the CF savior, but he is a great example of what one can overcome with CF.......JERRRY CAHILL IS THE MAN!!!!

Sakem

No matter what you post, there's always going to be someone who is going to twist it around and get offended.

But u know what I have always found odd......when Jerry Cahill posts, if it not read by many, nor solicits many responses. This man is not only amazing but an inspiration. My take on this is that A LOT of people don't like positive things, they are jealous.....Misery loves comapany, cause as u all know, he is in the very rare exception, and its' all Luck that he has done so well with his life.....Not that we need to be bowing down to him as the CF savior, but he is a great example of what one can overcome with CF.......JERRRY CAHILL IS THE MAN!!!!

Sakem

Sakem