Single CF'rs

i am friends first with any guy because i had to many crushes and i used to rush into things. that's a whole different story
i always believe in being upfront with people about my condition. I don't say "Hi, I have CF" but i eventually tell the person within a short time of knowing them. If a person can not handle a disease and death, that is a problem.
I learned from experience from a "best friend" I had years ago. She didn't visit me when I was in the hospital and always pushed me away when I was sick because she was afraid i would die on her. After a couple of times of this i stopped the relationship and was deeply hurt.
I think telling people about CF upfront is best so they can deal or not deal.
if they walk away, they are shallow people and don't deserve to be friends with you or I. If they stay despite the disease, they are showing true love and will be with us to the end

i am friends first with any guy because i had to many crushes and i used to rush into things. that's a whole different story
i always believe in being upfront with people about my condition. I don't say "Hi, I have CF" but i eventually tell the person within a short time of knowing them. If a person can not handle a disease and death, that is a problem.
I learned from experience from a "best friend" I had years ago. She didn't visit me when I was in the hospital and always pushed me away when I was sick because she was afraid i would die on her. After a couple of times of this i stopped the relationship and was deeply hurt.
if they walk away, they are shallow people and don't deserve to be friends with you or I. If they stay despite the disease, they are showing true love and will be with us to the end

pranksternicky

it's weird, I just joined today and am just looking through all the topic/threads on this forum to see how I can say my 10 cents.. Anyway, that's the point the point.

I too, struggle with this problem because every date I've been on I've either told the girl too soon and been left heartbroken OR left it too late and been heartbroken still so I can relate to the person who started this thread. I remember one girl I was dating I hadn't told her and I got sick and ended up in hospital too, she rung my cellphone wondering where I was and when I told her I was in hospital she freaked out. She wanted to know why so I told her about my health condition and never heard from her again =(

5 years down the track I've just started seeing my girlfriend Anne, a month ago. I was nervous and wary at the same time whether to tell her straight away in fear she would run for the hills as so many others have. But I've told her health condition and she accepts me for me and wouldn't change me for the world. She's the best thing that's happened to me in a long time.

pranksternicky

it's weird, I just joined today and am just looking through all the topic/threads on this forum to see how I can say my 10 cents.. Anyway, that's the point the point.

I too, struggle with this problem because every date I've been on I've either told the girl too soon and been left heartbroken OR left it too late and been heartbroken still so I can relate to the person who started this thread. I remember one girl I was dating I hadn't told her and I got sick and ended up in hospital too, she rung my cellphone wondering where I was and when I told her I was in hospital she freaked out. She wanted to know why so I told her about my health condition and never heard from her again =(

5 years down the track I've just started seeing my girlfriend Anne, a month ago. I was nervous and wary at the same time whether to tell her straight away in fear she would run for the hills as so many others have. But I've told her health condition and she accepts me for me and wouldn't change me for the world. She's the best thing that's happened to me in a long time.

pranksternicky

pranksternicky

pranksternicky

EnergyGal

With my CF lungs through my dating years, I was scared at first and avoided telling a few young boys. when I turned eighteen, I told them that I had CF with ease. Thankfully, I had a positive experience the first time around and I felt as if a huge weight was lifted off my shoulder when they heard the words, I have cf.

Throughout my twenties before I was married, I had a few serious relationships and after the third date when I decided I liked them, I would give them the ole CF shuffle talk. Either they helped me with my Chest pt gracefully or they would never see me again. I never had a problem. For me it worked great.

When I received my tx, I was divorced and dating was sort of strange at first. I was upfront on the first date and told them that I do not kiss unless I know I will be involved in a relationship. I explained my tx and the immune suppressed issue and they all understood. My husband was the only man I kissed and he waited for that kiss lol if you know what I mean.

Be yourself and when you are ready to share, you will. I believe some of you might go through different stages until you feel comfortable sharing. ENJOY! I have found that sharing CF has only been an enlightening experience.

Remember this, if the person you are dating is a kind and compassionate person, then they will understand and support you.

The guys I dated who seemed shy or scared by CF were whimps in my book and they are still single and boy I am glad that the feelings were not mutual.

when the right one comes along, all your coughing and cf routines will not matter.

EnergyGal

With my CF lungs through my dating years, I was scared at first and avoided telling a few young boys. when I turned eighteen, I told them that I had CF with ease. Thankfully, I had a positive experience the first time around and I felt as if a huge weight was lifted off my shoulder when they heard the words, I have cf.

Throughout my twenties before I was married, I had a few serious relationships and after the third date when I decided I liked them, I would give them the ole CF shuffle talk. Either they helped me with my Chest pt gracefully or they would never see me again. I never had a problem. For me it worked great.

When I received my tx, I was divorced and dating was sort of strange at first. I was upfront on the first date and told them that I do not kiss unless I know I will be involved in a relationship. I explained my tx and the immune suppressed issue and they all understood. My husband was the only man I kissed and he waited for that kiss lol if you know what I mean.

Be yourself and when you are ready to share, you will. I believe some of you might go through different stages until you feel comfortable sharing. ENJOY! I have found that sharing CF has only been an enlightening experience.

Remember this, if the person you are dating is a kind and compassionate person, then they will understand and support you.

The guys I dated who seemed shy or scared by CF were whimps in my book and they are still single and boy I am glad that the feelings were not mutual.

when the right one comes along, all your coughing and cf routines will not matter.

EnergyGal

EnergyGal

EnergyGal

katyf13

Just thought I would say, Mike told me about cf right away. I figured one of two things could happen:
a) It wouldn't work out and the cf wouldn't matter
b) We would fall in love and the cf wouldn't matter
Obviously the second happened. Mike was never scared of cf. He had such a positive attitude- cf was a small part of his life despite the fact that he was so sick. Mike was not cf and I knew that. And ironically, cf did not kill him. A car accident did. Kind of like that analogy we on this forum always use about the bus hitting us. Life is short whether you have cf or not. Just live it. There is no time for fear.

katyf13

Just thought I would say, Mike told me about cf right away. I figured one of two things could happen:
Obviously the second happened. Mike was never scared of cf. He had such a positive attitude- cf was a small part of his life despite the fact that he was so sick. Mike was not cf and I knew that. And ironically, cf did not kill him. A car accident did. Kind of like that analogy we on this forum always use about the bus hitting us. Life is short whether you have cf or not. Just live it. There is no time for fear.

katyf13

katyf13

katyf13