Sinus Migraines

coltsfan715

Sinus rinses.

I didn't do these until after I had transplant but can honestly say I wish that I had. I had constant sinus headaches for years. I was having some issues post transplant with my sinuses and the docs told me they wanted me to start doing them, so I gave it a shot. They do not offer immediate relief necessarily but after a few days of doing them (twice a day) I started feeling a heeping amount better.

I have been doing the rinses twice a day for about 4 months now and can tell a huge difference. My horrendous sinus headaches are virtually gone - on really humid days I have a problem with them regardless but otherwise they are gone. I don't get post nasal drip and that constant throat clearing like I used to do, and my nose does not run and drip constantly like it used to (you know the constant sniffle).

I would give them a try. You can find something to rinse your sinuses with at a local drug store, like Walgreens or CVS or Eckerd probably. I normally go to Walgreens or CVS.

Take Care and hope the headaches get better.
Linds

coltsfan715

Sinus rinses.

I didn't do these until after I had transplant but can honestly say I wish that I had. I had constant sinus headaches for years. I was having some issues post transplant with my sinuses and the docs told me they wanted me to start doing them, so I gave it a shot. They do not offer immediate relief necessarily but after a few days of doing them (twice a day) I started feeling a heeping amount better.

I have been doing the rinses twice a day for about 4 months now and can tell a huge difference. My horrendous sinus headaches are virtually gone - on really humid days I have a problem with them regardless but otherwise they are gone. I don't get post nasal drip and that constant throat clearing like I used to do, and my nose does not run and drip constantly like it used to (you know the constant sniffle).

I would give them a try. You can find something to rinse your sinuses with at a local drug store, like Walgreens or CVS or Eckerd probably. I normally go to Walgreens or CVS.

Linds

coltsfan715

Sinus rinses.

Linds

coltsfan715

Sinus rinses.

Linds

coltsfan715

Sinus rinses.

Linds

JennifersHope

I too am dealing with some sinus pain and headache, I always reserve the word migraine for when I can't get out of bed pain.. but I am not to far from that now..

I am on antibiotics, my NJ team just called me in some nose sprays but also I always do, pulmozyme or mucyomist or usually both up the nose and it really helps

My CF nurse told me that at the conference pari had a new thing for the nose to help with sinus stuff..

Hope you feel better soon

JennifersHope

I too am dealing with some sinus pain and headache, I always reserve the word migraine for when I can't get out of bed pain.. but I am not to far from that now..

I am on antibiotics, my NJ team just called me in some nose sprays but also I always do, pulmozyme or mucyomist or usually both up the nose and it really helps

My CF nurse told me that at the conference pari had a new thing for the nose to help with sinus stuff..

JennifersHope

JennifersHope

JennifersHope

Jane

Digital opinion leader
THE WORST!!!

For medicine, I take Exedrine if I can catch the migraine before it gets massive. Once it crosses "the line", only sleeping will help. I usually put my husband's 5 lb ankle weight over my eyes (sounds weird, but it really helps) and fall asleep. It works for me

Jane

Digital opinion leader
THE WORST!!!

For medicine, I take Exedrine if I can catch the migraine before it gets massive. Once it crosses "the line", only sleeping will help. I usually put my husband's 5 lb ankle weight over my eyes (sounds weird, but it really helps) and fall asleep. It works for me

Jane

Digital opinion leader
THE WORST!!!

Jane

Digital opinion leader
THE WORST!!!

Jane

Digital opinion leader
THE WORST!!!

A

Aspiemom

Thanks for your input. These are actual migraines as I am sensitive to the light, to sound, to motion...stomach is queasy. It is in my forehead so I'm not sure sinus rinses would help it. I do them for the maxillary pain, tho.

I used to take Excedrin for them but I bleed very easily and can't take anything w/ aspirin anymore. Now only the Imitrex helps, but only if I catch it soon enough and like I said, I'm limited to 7 a mo. so I run out when I'm having them this often.

Anyway, thanks for your advice!

A

Aspiemom

Thanks for your input. These are actual migraines as I am sensitive to the light, to sound, to motion...stomach is queasy. It is in my forehead so I'm not sure sinus rinses would help it. I do them for the maxillary pain, tho.

I used to take Excedrin for them but I bleed very easily and can't take anything w/ aspirin anymore. Now only the Imitrex helps, but only if I catch it soon enough and like I said, I'm limited to 7 a mo. so I run out when I'm having them this often.

A

Aspiemom

A

Aspiemom

A

Aspiemom