sinus surgery anyone?

xlacefaceee

I've had polyps i think 3 times now & every time
i have had surgery. I'm 17 years old & the last time
I had the surgery was i think 3 years ago.
I have to have surgery again pretty soon to
remove them.
Every time i have had the surgery it hasnt
been very bad and i leave the next morning.

xlacefaceee

remove them.

xlacefaceee

remove them.

xlacefaceee

remove them.

xlacefaceee

remove them.

M

marcijo

I had nasal polyps removed when I was 12.....but I wasn't diagnosed with CF until I was 20! I had my tonsils/adenoids removed at the same time......and they took out some nasal polyps also. You think that might have given them an idea that I might have CF??? Anyways.....I don't remember any pain or anything associated with the polyps....all the pain was from my tonsil/adenoid removal.

M

marcijo

I had nasal polyps removed when I was 12.....but I wasn't diagnosed with CF until I was 20! I had my tonsils/adenoids removed at the same time......and they took out some nasal polyps also. You think that might have given them an idea that I might have CF??? Anyways.....I don't remember any pain or anything associated with the polyps....all the pain was from my tonsil/adenoid removal.

M

marcijo

M

marcijo

M

marcijo

lmattaway

I've had 3 sinus surgeries (all to remove polyps). One in high school and two in college. I've been good for almost 4 years now. I think the sinus rinses help (and i'm in a dry climate in colorado). But I will admit that at some point after the last surgery I lost all sense of smell. Now and again it comes back but not for long. The other day I was in a store and could actually smell a candle.. I got so excited about it that my husband just laughed b/c I was holding the candle right under my nose, grinning like an idiot!

lmattaway

I've had 3 sinus surgeries (all to remove polyps). One in high school and two in college. I've been good for almost 4 years now. I think the sinus rinses help (and i'm in a dry climate in colorado). But I will admit that at some point after the last surgery I lost all sense of smell. Now and again it comes back but not for long. The other day I was in a store and could actually smell a candle.. I got so excited about it that my husband just laughed b/c I was holding the candle right under my nose, grinning like an idiot!

lmattaway

lmattaway

lmattaway

fourkidsmom

My son who is now 6 has had 2 nose polyup surgeries and the 2 debriments. He had both surgeries at age 5. They were 6 months from each other. His were so bad he wasn't getting air thru his nose and he was full of them, that's why I think they had to go back in so quickly. He also had to have 3 cleanouts that year before the surgeries and since the surgeries he hasn't had a cleanout since March of this year, so it really helped his lungs. Also he seem to smell ok. Good luck.

Fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

My son who is now 6 has had 2 nose polyup surgeries and the 2 debriments. He had both surgeries at age 5. They were 6 months from each other. His were so bad he wasn't getting air thru his nose and he was full of them, that's why I think they had to go back in so quickly. He also had to have 3 cleanouts that year before the surgeries and since the surgeries he hasn't had a cleanout since March of this year, so it really helped his lungs. Also he seem to smell ok. Good luck.

Fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

Fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

Fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

Fourkidsmom