Sinus Surgery

PepperKitty

I've had dead bone removed out of my frontal sinuses also. I've had 10 very extensive sinus surgeries. Most of the surgeries were to save my life. I have been quit disabled from all the headaches and esp pressure they cause. I go to a pain clinic which helps some with pain, but the pressure is still miserable. I will not have another sinus surgery unless my sinuses become dangerous again.
Thanks to my last surgery, a botched up frontal obliteration, my sinus problems do show on my face. I have a large painful bump in the middle of my forehead that shinks and grows as my infections change. I look like I have two noses.
About 10 years ago I almost lost my sight when scar tissue (mucus seal) grew between my frontal and ethmoid sinuses the trapped mucus went into the left eye socket pushing my eye ball down a 1/2 inch. Emergency surgery was performed. The mucus seal was cause by previous surgeries.
I have done nasal irrigation in the past, but can't anymore because of ear problems. I do however love NasalcortAQ.
Until recently my sinus issues have been worse then my lungs.
It surprising but, luckly, I can still smell, although my food tastes funky sometimes.

---------------
Faith 34w/CF
DD508

PepperKitty

I've had dead bone removed out of my frontal sinuses also. I've had 10 very extensive sinus surgeries. Most of the surgeries were to save my life. I have been quit disabled from all the headaches and esp pressure they cause. I go to a pain clinic which helps some with pain, but the pressure is still miserable. I will not have another sinus surgery unless my sinuses become dangerous again.
Thanks to my last surgery, a botched up frontal obliteration, my sinus problems do show on my face. I have a large painful bump in the middle of my forehead that shinks and grows as my infections change. I look like I have two noses.
About 10 years ago I almost lost my sight when scar tissue (mucus seal) grew between my frontal and ethmoid sinuses the trapped mucus went into the left eye socket pushing my eye ball down a 1/2 inch. Emergency surgery was performed. The mucus seal was cause by previous surgeries.
I have done nasal irrigation in the past, but can't anymore because of ear problems. I do however love NasalcortAQ.
It surprising but, luckly, I can still smell, although my food tastes funky sometimes.

---------------
Faith 34w/CF
DD508

PepperKitty

---------------
Faith 34w/CF
DD508

PepperKitty

---------------
Faith 34w/CF
DD508

PepperKitty

---------------
Faith 34w/CF
DD508

Faith,
So sorry to hear of the problems you have had. I know what you are talking about for the most part though. I have had blurred vision in my left eye and very sharp intense pain in the socket. The left sinus just isn't normal and doubt it ever will be again.
They have talked about a total sinus obliteration but the doc says there will still be issues after that. Therefore, I will avoid it at all costs. Take care of yourself and get better. I'll be praying!

Faith,
So sorry to hear of the problems you have had. I know what you are talking about for the most part though. I have had blurred vision in my left eye and very sharp intense pain in the socket. The left sinus just isn't normal and doubt it ever will be again.
They have talked about a total sinus obliteration but the doc says there will still be issues after that. Therefore, I will avoid it at all costs. Take care of yourself and get better. I'll be praying!

Faith,

Faith,

Faith,