Smoking Marijuana as a CF Patient

Diane

Here's some generic advice ( but wise advice) so take it for whats its worth. If you want to keep that 100% lung function for a long time, dont smoke ANYTHING. Given the fact that lung function drops all on its own even in perfectly healthy people with age you are just asking for trouble by smoking.

miesl

Really, smoking is just a bad plan. It's hard on the lungs.

There was a huge discussion about this a whiile back on the forum - <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.cysticfibrosis.com/messageview.cfm?catid=5&threadid=6723">Look here</a>

miesl

There was a huge discussion about this a whiile back on the forum - <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.cysticfibrosis.com/messageview.cfm?catid=5&threadid=6723">Look here</a>

miesl

thelizardqueen

If you're going to do it - eat it. Plain and simple. Brownies are the bestest - and they taste oh so good. Plus they help with weight gain.

thelizardqueen

If you're going to do it - eat it. Plain and simple. Brownies are the bestest - and they taste oh so good. Plus they help with weight gain.

thelizardqueen

Scarlett81

My personal viewpoint, if a cfer willingly knowingly smokes anything-when they come out with a cure, you better get in the back of the line. The rest of us have worked and slaved too hard to keep healthy.

I mean that in the nicest possible way and don't mean to offend anyone personally.

Scarlett81

My personal viewpoint, if a cfer willingly knowingly smokes anything-when they come out with a cure, you better get in the back of the line. The rest of us have worked and slaved too hard to keep healthy.

I mean that in the nicest possible way and don't mean to offend anyone personally.

Scarlett81

katyf13

Bad idea. Mike will tell you he went through a few very rough years. He did some ridiculous things while high (including other drugs). Pot reinforced the mentality of "well I'm gonna die anyway, who cares?" He hasn't touched the stuff in many many years but he will never get back the lungs he had before that. It might not seem like a big deal now but it will when you are gasping for breath later.
Personally, I don't think you should eat it either. Don't waste the time you have being high and lethargic.

katyf13

Bad idea. Mike will tell you he went through a few very rough years. He did some ridiculous things while high (including other drugs). Pot reinforced the mentality of "well I'm gonna die anyway, who cares?" He hasn't touched the stuff in many many years but he will never get back the lungs he had before that. It might not seem like a big deal now but it will when you are gasping for breath later.
Personally, I don't think you should eat it either. Don't waste the time you have being high and lethargic.

katyf13

cfboy

u people need to get some facts. cigs yeah there bad for u. but weed does not mess u up in any way, and it wont mess up ur lungs the smoke is too thin. but to keep everyone off ur damn back just do the brownies.

cfboy

u people need to get some facts. cigs yeah there bad for u. but weed does not mess u up in any way, and it wont mess up ur lungs the smoke is too thin. but to keep everyone off ur damn back just do the brownies.

cfboy

sue35

just curious cfboy...where are your facts? I have always wondered if it did anything so I was wondering if you could post where you found your info