SO ANGRY

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Rebjane</b></i>

Just to add some interesting info and not still the pot , I hope; our CF nurse said we should be careful around cancer patients getting treatment with chemotherapy to protect the cancer patient more than our CF daughter. The reason being is that cancer patients get the chemo, it knocks down their immune system, making them immunocompromised. The cancer patient could become infected with MRSA or pseudo, among the other bugs CF patients commonly carry. The cancer patient would have trouble fighting off the bug and could get very, very sick. Just something to be aware of. With HIV, I would only be concerned about someone with AIDS who may have TB(AIDS patients can get TB) or some other bug they could transfer respiratory wise, like pneumonia etc.</end quote></div>

AIDS patients often develop pseudomonal pneomonia so that would be an issue if she had AIDS. She is HIV positive. Not knowing treatment etc there is no way to know what danger if any the CFer in question was in. Mom wasnt told to at least have the option of removing her child from the situation. BUT it wont be the last time she is told or not told whether it be HIV, cold or other things.

JazzysMom

Just to add some interesting info and not still the pot , I hope; our CF nurse said we should be careful around cancer patients getting treatment with chemotherapy to protect the cancer patient more than our CF daughter. The reason being is that cancer patients get the chemo, it knocks down their immune system, making them immunocompromised. The cancer patient could become infected with MRSA or pseudo, among the other bugs CF patients commonly carry. The cancer patient would have trouble fighting off the bug and could get very, very sick. Just something to be aware of. With HIV, I would only be concerned about someone with AIDS who may have TB(AIDS patients can get TB) or some other bug they could transfer respiratory wise, like pneumonia etc.</end quote></div>

AIDS patients often develop pseudomonal pneomonia so that would be an issue if she had AIDS. She is HIV positive. Not knowing treatment etc there is no way to know what danger if any the CFer in question was in. Mom wasnt told to at least have the option of removing her child from the situation. BUT it wont be the last time she is told or not told whether it be HIV, cold or other things.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

Just to add some interesting info and not still the pot , I hope; our CF nurse said we should be careful around cancer patients getting treatment with chemotherapy to protect the cancer patient more than our CF daughter. The reason being is that cancer patients get the chemo, it knocks down their immune system, making them immunocompromised. The cancer patient could become infected with MRSA or pseudo, among the other bugs CF patients commonly carry. The cancer patient would have trouble fighting off the bug and could get very, very sick. Just something to be aware of. With HIV, I would only be concerned about someone with AIDS who may have TB(AIDS patients can get TB) or some other bug they could transfer respiratory wise, like pneumonia etc.</end quote>

JazzysMom

Just to add some interesting info and not still the pot , I hope; our CF nurse said we should be careful around cancer patients getting treatment with chemotherapy to protect the cancer patient more than our CF daughter. The reason being is that cancer patients get the chemo, it knocks down their immune system, making them immunocompromised. The cancer patient could become infected with MRSA or pseudo, among the other bugs CF patients commonly carry. The cancer patient would have trouble fighting off the bug and could get very, very sick. Just something to be aware of. With HIV, I would only be concerned about someone with AIDS who may have TB(AIDS patients can get TB) or some other bug they could transfer respiratory wise, like pneumonia etc.</end quote>

sue35

Yes you are overreacting. I would hope that you are just as mad at your MIL for subjecting the HIV woman to your daughter who probably has bugs also and could just as easily get the HIV woman very sick.

So when you go to any play group do you immediately make the parents tell you everything that their children have and then inform others that your child has CF? Because unless you do you are going to come into contact with a lot of people who have things that could harm you child. Be a little mad, and get over it. She is HIV positive, she does not have AIDS.

And really, swearing never helps any situation and makes your argument and your question about overreacting much worse I feel. Honestly, I looked at this whole thread different when you yelled and swore.

sue35

Yes you are overreacting. I would hope that you are just as mad at your MIL for subjecting the HIV woman to your daughter who probably has bugs also and could just as easily get the HIV woman very sick.

So when you go to any play group do you immediately make the parents tell you everything that their children have and then inform others that your child has CF? Because unless you do you are going to come into contact with a lot of people who have things that could harm you child. Be a little mad, and get over it. She is HIV positive, she does not have AIDS.

And really, swearing never helps any situation and makes your argument and your question about overreacting much worse I feel. Honestly, I looked at this whole thread different when you yelled and swore.

sue35

sue35

sue35

sue35

sue35

Before the swearing, I would have said that yes I would probably be mad also at my MIL but would chalk it up to people just not understanding because they are not in the position of raising a sick child.

sue35

Before the swearing, I would have said that yes I would probably be mad also at my MIL but would chalk it up to people just not understanding because they are not in the position of raising a sick child.