SO ANGRY

js7881

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Emily65Roses</b></i>

Okay, if you weren't overreacting before, you are now. Jessi can't predict the future, but chances are, CF <b>will</b> kill your daughter. I'm not saying she'll be 25, but whenever she does die, barring some weird accident or other illness, CF will kill her. I suggest you accept that as soon as possible.

You are correct, you can't catch cancer... but the chances of her getting HIV from her aunt kissing her on the cheek are minimal at best. Chill out. I understand the being wary of bugs an HIV patient may have, but it sounds as if you wouldn't act the same around a cancer patient, and that is discriminatory. They both have the ability to carry bugs that may harm a CFer.</end quote></div>

I accepted that a long time ago. BUt who is anyone to say what will kill my daughter. The point to all of this is if someone is sick and my daughter is going to be around I want to know. End of story!!!!!

js7881

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Emily65Roses</b></i>

Okay, if you weren't overreacting before, you are now. Jessi can't predict the future, but chances are, CF <b>will</b> kill your daughter. I'm not saying she'll be 25, but whenever she does die, barring some weird accident or other illness, CF will kill her. I suggest you accept that as soon as possible.

You are correct, you can't catch cancer... but the chances of her getting HIV from her aunt kissing her on the cheek are minimal at best. Chill out. I understand the being wary of bugs an HIV patient may have, but it sounds as if you wouldn't act the same around a cancer patient, and that is discriminatory. They both have the ability to carry bugs that may harm a CFer.</end quote></div>

I accepted that a long time ago. BUt who is anyone to say what will kill my daughter. The point to all of this is if someone is sick and my daughter is going to be around I want to know. End of story!!!!!

js7881

js7881

js7881

You are correct, you can't catch cancer... but the chances of her getting HIV from her aunt kissing her on the cheek are minimal at best. Chill out. I understand the being wary of bugs an HIV patient may have, but it sounds as if you wouldn't act the same around a cancer patient, and that is discriminatory. They both have the ability to carry bugs that may harm a CFer.</end quote>

js7881

You are correct, you can't catch cancer... but the chances of her getting HIV from her aunt kissing her on the cheek are minimal at best. Chill out. I understand the being wary of bugs an HIV patient may have, but it sounds as if you wouldn't act the same around a cancer patient, and that is discriminatory. They both have the ability to carry bugs that may harm a CFer.</end quote>

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Just to add some interesting info and not still the pot , I hope; our CF nurse said we should be careful around cancer patients getting treatment with chemotherapy to protect the cancer patient more than our CF daughter. The reason being is that cancer patients get the chemo, it knocks down their immune system, making them immunocompromised. The cancer patient could become infected with MRSA or pseudo, among the other bugs CF patients commonly carry. The cancer patient would have trouble fighting off the bug and could get very, very sick. Just something to be aware of. With HIV, I would only be concerned about someone with AIDS who may have TB(AIDS patients can get TB) or some other bug they could transfer respiratory wise, like pneumonia etc.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Just to add some interesting info and not still the pot , I hope; our CF nurse said we should be careful around cancer patients getting treatment with chemotherapy to protect the cancer patient more than our CF daughter. The reason being is that cancer patients get the chemo, it knocks down their immune system, making them immunocompromised. The cancer patient could become infected with MRSA or pseudo, among the other bugs CF patients commonly carry. The cancer patient would have trouble fighting off the bug and could get very, very sick. Just something to be aware of. With HIV, I would only be concerned about someone with AIDS who may have TB(AIDS patients can get TB) or some other bug they could transfer respiratory wise, like pneumonia etc.

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Emily65Roses

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>js7881</b></i>
I accepted that a long time ago. BUt who is anyone to say what will kill my daughter.</end quote></div>

It's not like she was saying "I hope your daughter dies!!!" She was simply stating fact. CF kills. End of story.

Emily65Roses

I accepted that a long time ago. BUt who is anyone to say what will kill my daughter.</end quote></div>

It's not like she was saying "I hope your daughter dies!!!" She was simply stating fact. CF kills. End of story.

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

I accepted that a long time ago. BUt who is anyone to say what will kill my daughter.</end quote>

Emily65Roses

I accepted that a long time ago. BUt who is anyone to say what will kill my daughter.</end quote>