SO ANGRY

thefrogprincess

Sue, you got my point exactly! There is always a risk of catching something when we go anywhere, but WE are the ones that need to be careful when there is an immuno-suppressed person around US.

I realize that you didn't know she was HIV+, I was just trying to get you to see the other side of it. If this woman knew what bugs your child could POTENTIALLY have, she might be having the same reaction that you are!

And of course I don't wish any harm on your daughter, or anyone else. But Emily is right, there is a very good chance that CF will kill any one of us CFers on this board. And based on your reaction to my post it sounds like you have NOT accepted this. I am not sitting here with a voodoo doll of your daughter wishing bad joojoo on her. I'm not say that no one should hope for better treatments and a cure, I'm just saying that we have to face reality as hard as that might be.

I knew my response would cause the reaction that it did. But you asked if you are being paranoid, and I think you are. If you can't handle hearing something that you don't like, don't ask.

thefrogprincess

Sue, you got my point exactly! There is always a risk of catching something when we go anywhere, but WE are the ones that need to be careful when there is an immuno-suppressed person around US.

I realize that you didn't know she was HIV+, I was just trying to get you to see the other side of it. If this woman knew what bugs your child could POTENTIALLY have, she might be having the same reaction that you are!

And of course I don't wish any harm on your daughter, or anyone else. But Emily is right, there is a very good chance that CF will kill any one of us CFers on this board. And based on your reaction to my post it sounds like you have NOT accepted this. I am not sitting here with a voodoo doll of your daughter wishing bad joojoo on her. I'm not say that no one should hope for better treatments and a cure, I'm just saying that we have to face reality as hard as that might be.

I knew my response would cause the reaction that it did. But you asked if you are being paranoid, and I think you are. If you can't handle hearing something that you don't like, don't ask.

katyf13

You cannot catch HIV by kissing or any other casual contact. I wonder if you went to an HIV forum if they would be up in arms that your MIL did not inform them your daughter had cf. People with HIV should not be outcasts any more than people with cf. As long as everyone uses common sense, I don't see the reason to freak out about it.
I also don't think my opinion makes me "crazed", thank you very much.

katyf13

You cannot catch HIV by kissing or any other casual contact. I wonder if you went to an HIV forum if they would be up in arms that your MIL did not inform them your daughter had cf. People with HIV should not be outcasts any more than people with cf. As long as everyone uses common sense, I don't see the reason to freak out about it.

katyf13

katyf13

katyf13

katyf13

kybert

jennifer, are you going to spend your whole life blowing things out of proportion? you are acting the same way you did in the 'addressing the family' thread you made a while back. as i said in that thread you are going to waste a hell of a lot of time and energy worrying about things that dont need to be worried about. how would you feel if someone treated your daughter like a leper because of cf? heck, is it even worth me responding to you? no doubt you will continue to throw childish tanties over responses you dont like. yet again, you ask for peoples opinions when really you just want people to agree with you.

kybert

jennifer, are you going to spend your whole life blowing things out of proportion? you are acting the same way you did in the 'addressing the family' thread you made a while back. as i said in that thread you are going to waste a hell of a lot of time and energy worrying about things that dont need to be worried about. how would you feel if someone treated your daughter like a leper because of cf? heck, is it even worth me responding to you? no doubt you will continue to throw childish tanties over responses you dont like. yet again, you ask for peoples opinions when really you just want people to agree with you.

kybert

kybert

kybert

kybert

Diane

I can totally understand your anger. People with aids can get a lot of respiratory alliments secondary to the aids. You sure dont want your daughter around that from anyone no matter what they may have. When i was first diagnosed with cepacia i had a friend who was gay. His live-in boyfriend had aids, i was planning to meet them one day for dinner and asked my Dr. if it would be ok. I was told not it would be ok to hug him but not to kiss him . She also told me not to sit directly across the table from him unless it were a huge table. This was not because he simply had aids, It was because of what aids related infections he may have in his lungs. She also said my cepacia was something i could possibly pass on to him. For both our safety i declined to have dinner with them and explained why and there was no hard feelings. I also had a friend with hepatitis-c . As things progressed, she was getting bronchitis a lot and my doctor told me i could no longer sit in an enclosed space with her ( like my car ) so we opted to spend time together outside only and with at least 3 feet of distance. It was for both of our benefits and i explained the situation to her and she understood. I dont think the issue here is that the woman had aids, i think its what can come with aids that would be scary .

Diane

I can totally understand your anger. People with aids can get a lot of respiratory alliments secondary to the aids. You sure dont want your daughter around that from anyone no matter what they may have. When i was first diagnosed with cepacia i had a friend who was gay. His live-in boyfriend had aids, i was planning to meet them one day for dinner and asked my Dr. if it would be ok. I was told not it would be ok to hug him but not to kiss him . She also told me not to sit directly across the table from him unless it were a huge table. This was not because he simply had aids, It was because of what aids related infections he may have in his lungs. She also said my cepacia was something i could possibly pass on to him. For both our safety i declined to have dinner with them and explained why and there was no hard feelings. I also had a friend with hepatitis-c . As things progressed, she was getting bronchitis a lot and my doctor told me i could no longer sit in an enclosed space with her ( like my car ) so we opted to spend time together outside only and with at least 3 feet of distance. It was for both of our benefits and i explained the situation to her and she understood. I dont think the issue here is that the woman had aids, i think its what can come with aids that would be scary .

Diane

Diane

Diane

Diane