SO ANGRY

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>js7881</b></i>. I wouldn't have been so mad had someone not mention what was going to kill my daughter. I can handle heated conversations but when people make stupid statements like CF is going to kill my daughter I'm going to have an issue.</end quote>

Could you PLEASE explain to me how on earth you can call it <b>stupid</b> statements when statistically its a valid possibility?

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>js7881</b></i>. I wouldn't have been so mad had someone not mention what was going to kill my daughter. I can handle heated conversations but when people make stupid statements like CF is going to kill my daughter I'm going to have an issue.</end quote>

Could you PLEASE explain to me how on earth you can call it <b>stupid</b> statements when statistically its a valid possibility?

Uli

-Most people who have cf will die of cf (or any of its complications) some sooner, some later. But I couldn´t tell about any person with cf who died of anything else, could any of you here??
-Noone will be able to "protect" himself or his children of everything especially bugs that exist everywhere unless one lives his life in a "special clinic". Otherwise you meet people at playgroups, in buses, in kindergarten, at school, college, supermarkets, concerts, discos, restaurants and you will never know how many of them have which illness...And CFers do also have to train their immune system, don´t forget that!
-There are many people on this board who don´t want to be "outed" with their cf, although its a genetic disease and not contagious; so why should someone with another disease like HIV have to be "outed", if he/she is not contagious at a "normal" contact level

Uli,45, Germany, cf/cfrd

Uli

-Most people who have cf will die of cf (or any of its complications) some sooner, some later. But I couldn´t tell about any person with cf who died of anything else, could any of you here??
-Noone will be able to "protect" himself or his children of everything especially bugs that exist everywhere unless one lives his life in a "special clinic". Otherwise you meet people at playgroups, in buses, in kindergarten, at school, college, supermarkets, concerts, discos, restaurants and you will never know how many of them have which illness...And CFers do also have to train their immune system, don´t forget that!
-There are many people on this board who don´t want to be "outed" with their cf, although its a genetic disease and not contagious; so why should someone with another disease like HIV have to be "outed", if he/she is not contagious at a "normal" contact level

Uli,45, Germany, cf/cfrd

Uli

Uli,45, Germany, cf/cfrd

Uli

Uli,45, Germany, cf/cfrd

Uli

Uli,45, Germany, cf/cfrd

Uli

Uli,45, Germany, cf/cfrd

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>js7881</b></i>

It was stupid because it was not necessary.</end quote></div>

This is where the conflict will remain I suppose. In <b>YOUR</b> opinion it was not necessary. Everyones views on this varies as you have found out. Some dont want to be reminded of the cruel/harsh reality CF can bring, some thrive on it, some find a balance in between.

I would venture to say that as a rule you will get more realistic views from the older CFers since we have experienced things longer, but there will be some versions from families of younger CFers who have already passed or havent had the privelage of "mild" cases.

I know it can be a stab in the heart and a torture to think of as a parent. I also know that there is a chance of death for any of us CFers happening from car accidents etc. BUT when working with statistics.....they speak for themselves is all that is being said.

JazzysMom

This is where the conflict will remain I suppose. In <b>YOUR</b> opinion it was not necessary. Everyones views on this varies as you have found out. Some dont want to be reminded of the cruel/harsh reality CF can bring, some thrive on it, some find a balance in between.

I would venture to say that as a rule you will get more realistic views from the older CFers since we have experienced things longer, but there will be some versions from families of younger CFers who have already passed or havent had the privelage of "mild" cases.

I know it can be a stab in the heart and a torture to think of as a parent. I also know that there is a chance of death for any of us CFers happening from car accidents etc. BUT when working with statistics.....they speak for themselves is all that is being said.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

It was stupid because it was not necessary.</end quote>

JazzysMom

It was stupid because it was not necessary.</end quote>