SSDI, SSI, Medicare, Medicaid

theLostMiler

I have been researching, and talking to an out of state social worker (somewhat)

The prominent issue is insurance. First I thought I had to be in school to remain on my parents insurance, then we found out that NV is a state where my parents insurance has to keep me if disabled.

I get SSD and SSI and got all the information that I am eligible for medicare at the new year.

This had me and my boyfriend of 5 years, thinking that we might finally be able to get married.

His family is religious and wont allow us to live together unless married, I currently rent an apartment in which, since we live away from family, we often stay together either at my place or his... we wouldnt care except he lives at a place his parents bought, so its their house...

anyways I am researching but everything is sooooo confusing of course. I thought that SSD wasnt affected by income (hence combined income) and medicare doesnt seem to be except for part b, and the premium amount. I am confused on part a and how much marriage will affect that.

thanks if anyone has any information or good sites.

I have browsed the social security site and google and still ahvent found clear answers.

theLostMiler

I have been researching, and talking to an out of state social worker (somewhat)

The prominent issue is insurance. First I thought I had to be in school to remain on my parents insurance, then we found out that NV is a state where my parents insurance has to keep me if disabled.

I get SSD and SSI and got all the information that I am eligible for medicare at the new year.

This had me and my boyfriend of 5 years, thinking that we might finally be able to get married.

His family is religious and wont allow us to live together unless married, I currently rent an apartment in which, since we live away from family, we often stay together either at my place or his... we wouldnt care except he lives at a place his parents bought, so its their house...

anyways I am researching but everything is sooooo confusing of course. I thought that SSD wasnt affected by income (hence combined income) and medicare doesnt seem to be except for part b, and the premium amount. I am confused on part a and how much marriage will affect that.

I have browsed the social security site and google and still ahvent found clear answers.

theLostMiler

theLostMiler

theLostMiler

<br />
<br />The prominent issue is insurance. First I thought I had to be in school to remain on my parents insurance, then we found out that NV is a state where my parents insurance has to keep me if disabled.
<br />
<br />I get SSD and SSI and got all the information that I am eligible for medicare at the new year.
<br />
<br />This had me and my boyfriend of 5 years, thinking that we might finally be able to get married.
<br />
<br />His family is religious and wont allow us to live together unless married, I currently rent an apartment in which, since we live away from family, we often stay together either at my place or his... we wouldnt care except he lives at a place his parents bought, so its their house...
<br />
<br />
<br />anyways I am researching but everything is sooooo confusing of course. I thought that SSD wasnt affected by income (hence combined income) and medicare doesnt seem to be except for part b, and the premium amount. I am confused on part a and how much marriage will affect that.
<br />
<br />thanks if anyone has any information or good sites.
<br />
<br />I have browsed the social security site and google and still ahvent found clear answers.

Landy

SSDI is not effected by marriage or income--this should be based on your work history.
You could loose the SSI with added income.

Medicare should be OK, not sure on Medicaid, but assume you could loose that with an income increase.

Landy

SSDI is not effected by marriage or income--this should be based on your work history.

Medicare should be OK, not sure on Medicaid, but assume you could loose that with an income increase.

Landy

Landy

Landy

<br />You could loose the SSI with added income.
<br />
<br />Medicare should be OK, not sure on Medicaid, but assume you could loose that with an income increase.

julie

SSDI will NOT be affected
SSI WILL be affected by his income

Medicare (after 24 months on SSDI) will NOT be affected
Medicaid (if you are on it with your SSI) WILL be affected

You could do what other CFers on here have done... have a wedding, ceremony but just not sign and/or turn in the marriage license and you two are the ONLY ones who would know that.

julie

You could do what other CFers on here have done... have a wedding, ceremony but just not sign and/or turn in the marriage license and you two are the ONLY ones who would know that.

julie

julie

julie

<br />SSI WILL be affected by his income
<br />
<br />Medicare (after 24 months on SSDI) will NOT be affected
<br />Medicaid (if you are on it with your SSI) WILL be affected
<br />
<br />
<br />You could do what other CFers on here have done... have a wedding, ceremony but just not sign and/or turn in the marriage license and you two are the ONLY ones who would know that.

Landy

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>julie</b></i>

Medicaid (after 24 months on SSDI) will NOT be affected

Medicare (if you are on it with your SSI) WILL be affected.</end quote></div>

Learned something new. I thought Medicare would be OK, no matter what, but that Medicaid could be compromised with the add'l income.

Landy

Learned something new. I thought Medicare would be OK, no matter what, but that Medicaid could be compromised with the add'l income.

Landy

Landy

Medicare (if you are on it with your SSI) WILL be affected.</end quote>

Landy

<br />
<br />
<br />Medicaid (after 24 months on SSDI) will NOT be affected
<br />
<br />Medicare (if you are on it with your SSI) WILL be affected.</end quote>
<br />
<br />Learned something new. I thought Medicare would be OK, no matter what, but that Medicaid could be compromised with the add'l income.