This insults me!

Emeraldmirror

I can't believe this. As a cfer, who has spent their whole life dealing with not being able to digest their food on their own. Who has to take pills just to be able to do what comes naturally for the "normal" person. I can't believe how lazy people have become!! You can't get your lazy ass off the couch and do some exercise and eat properly. I don't know this really insults me this new diet pill that makes it so you only digest 15% of the fat you take in.... like that is almost like a slap in the face. It's like when fat people tell you " i wish i could have cf so i can be skinny too"... like i wouldn't wish cf on my worse enemy I couldn't imagine putting yourself through this on purpose just because you're too EFFING stupid and lazy to diet and exercise. <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.myalli.com/default.aspx">This is what I'm talking about </a>

I don't know.. maybe i'm being too sensitive... what do you think as a cfer, as a person who can't digest their own food who everyday has to live through this. Someone who this is reality for, this is what happens and if they don't take the pills to digest their food could die, who struggles to keep weight on... does this insult you as well?

Ashley 23 w/cf

Emeraldmirror

I can't believe this. As a cfer, who has spent their whole life dealing with not being able to digest their food on their own. Who has to take pills just to be able to do what comes naturally for the "normal" person. I can't believe how lazy people have become!! You can't get your lazy ass off the couch and do some exercise and eat properly. I don't know this really insults me this new diet pill that makes it so you only digest 15% of the fat you take in.... like that is almost like a slap in the face. It's like when fat people tell you " i wish i could have cf so i can be skinny too"... like i wouldn't wish cf on my worse enemy I couldn't imagine putting yourself through this on purpose just because you're too EFFING stupid and lazy to diet and exercise. <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.myalli.com/default.aspx">This is what I'm talking about </a>

I don't know.. maybe i'm being too sensitive... what do you think as a cfer, as a person who can't digest their own food who everyday has to live through this. Someone who this is reality for, this is what happens and if they don't take the pills to digest their food could die, who struggles to keep weight on... does this insult you as well?

Ashley 23 w/cf

Emeraldmirror

Ashley 23 w/cf

Emeraldmirror

Ashley 23 w/cf

Emeraldmirror

Ashley 23 w/cf

Emeraldmirror

Ashley 23 w/cf

princessjdc

No this doesnt insult me at all. Pretty much everybody has weight issues, and everybody needs help in some way. We who need enzymes need help to gain some weight you have those that need help losing the weight. If we people that has to take enzymes, if would go to the gym and turn our fat into muscle then we wouldnt have a big deal of a weight problem cause muscle weighs more than fat. I agree some people are too lazy but you also have those that arent lazy but can still have problems losing weight. We on the other hand can eat what ever and not gain weight, just think of those that do gain weight, think of how jealous they would be of us. I think even taking enzymes and having CF we can be just as lazy as them fat people too and we probably are some of the time anyways. I hope that made since, I tried to make it make sense but in a nut shell it doesnt insult me at all.

princessjdc

No this doesnt insult me at all. Pretty much everybody has weight issues, and everybody needs help in some way. We who need enzymes need help to gain some weight you have those that need help losing the weight. If we people that has to take enzymes, if would go to the gym and turn our fat into muscle then we wouldnt have a big deal of a weight problem cause muscle weighs more than fat. I agree some people are too lazy but you also have those that arent lazy but can still have problems losing weight. We on the other hand can eat what ever and not gain weight, just think of those that do gain weight, think of how jealous they would be of us. I think even taking enzymes and having CF we can be just as lazy as them fat people too and we probably are some of the time anyways. I hope that made since, I tried to make it make sense but in a nut shell it doesnt insult me at all.

princessjdc

princessjdc

princessjdc

princessjdc

Wheezie

I haven't heard about the new diet drug you mentioned, but it does get frustrating when people say they wish they were able to keep weight off like I can. I have to remind them that it's not something that I'm TRYING to do and that it is NOT healthy for me to be so thin.

People talk so openly about the struggle to lose weight and how they can work so hard and do so well and then eat one piece of cake and feel like they gained 5 pounds. For me, the struggle is JUST THE SAME - I work so hard, force myself to eat, chug down 4 cans of boost a day PLUS meals - then I skip one meal and I've lost 5 pounds, just like that. It's not something to be celebrated.

And it irritates me too, when people who haven't seen me in awhile feel they can make comments about my weight: "oh, you look so thin...are you EATING?!" People would NEVER say to an overweight person, "wow, you look so FAT today...aren't you dieting??" The double standard sucks.

Bottom line though is that in this country skinny is valued and fat is not. When you think about how people will actually make themselves throw up to lose weight or stay thin, it's not all that surprising that they wish they could have CF to stay skinny or that they would take some pill that keeps them from absorbing fat. What otherwise healthy people do to their bodies to achieve a desired look really saddens me.

Wheezie

I haven't heard about the new diet drug you mentioned, but it does get frustrating when people say they wish they were able to keep weight off like I can. I have to remind them that it's not something that I'm TRYING to do and that it is NOT healthy for me to be so thin.

People talk so openly about the struggle to lose weight and how they can work so hard and do so well and then eat one piece of cake and feel like they gained 5 pounds. For me, the struggle is JUST THE SAME - I work so hard, force myself to eat, chug down 4 cans of boost a day PLUS meals - then I skip one meal and I've lost 5 pounds, just like that. It's not something to be celebrated.

And it irritates me too, when people who haven't seen me in awhile feel they can make comments about my weight: "oh, you look so thin...are you EATING?!" People would NEVER say to an overweight person, "wow, you look so FAT today...aren't you dieting??" The double standard sucks.

Bottom line though is that in this country skinny is valued and fat is not. When you think about how people will actually make themselves throw up to lose weight or stay thin, it's not all that surprising that they wish they could have CF to stay skinny or that they would take some pill that keeps them from absorbing fat. What otherwise healthy people do to their bodies to achieve a desired look really saddens me.

Wheezie

Wheezie

Wheezie

Wheezie

djotroy17

I don't get offended by much, and thats just some diet pill that can claim whatever they want to make a few bucks. America is a lazy society, and I include myself in that statement...we want things without working hard for them. I have CF, and it may come with hundreds or thousands of negative things, but I would probly be obese and way overwieght if I did not have CF, so I see CF making me skinny no matter what or how much I eat as a blessing...its the one part of the disease I like, even though it makes me skinnyer then I want to be, id rather be too skinny than too fat.

djotroy17

I don't get offended by much, and thats just some diet pill that can claim whatever they want to make a few bucks. America is a lazy society, and I include myself in that statement...we want things without working hard for them. I have CF, and it may come with hundreds or thousands of negative things, but I would probly be obese and way overwieght if I did not have CF, so I see CF making me skinny no matter what or how much I eat as a blessing...its the one part of the disease I like, even though it makes me skinnyer then I want to be, id rather be too skinny than too fat.