To take the 1 in 4 chance?

Emily65Roses

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>2perfectboys</b></i>

So Emily, u would never vote for someone that had AIDS?</end quote></div>

I'm not saying what *I* would or wouldn't do. I said... and I quote:
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Not to mention I highly doubt the majority of the US population would vote for someone with a terminal illness</end quote></div>
Notice the part that says "The majority of the US population."

Emily65Roses

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>miesl</b></i>
This "reasoning" fails 100% of the time when you're talking to atheists. <b><u>If I remember correctly, your god also gave you free will</b></u>, which puts the ball into your court.</end quote></div>

And I like this a LOT, so I'm copying it and underlining it.

Emily65Roses

This "reasoning" fails 100% of the time when you're talking to atheists. <b><u>If I remember correctly, your god also gave you free will</b></u>, which puts the ball into your court.</end quote></div>

Emily65Roses

2perfectboys

i know Emily, just testing u.. but it you hold your theory that the majority voted for Georgie even with his stupidity, then they could possible do it for someone w/ CF. And Bush even got re-elected. Who's to say when my son is "35" which is the age u need to be for President, the CF life expectancy is not 65. Maybe I should start working on him campaign future now.....

Misel, actually God gave me more than free will. I don't suscribe to the whole free will stuff. I have free will to an extent....sure I can go out an engage in sex, but I have no control over wheter my overies will yack out eggs. On the other hand it could be mine desire not to reproduce and take good measures to protect myself and still end up w/ a rugrat. ..that .1%

And with free will there can be consequences. We are not as free as we would like to believe.

2perfectboys

i know Emily, just testing u.. but it you hold your theory that the majority voted for Georgie even with his stupidity, then they could possible do it for someone w/ CF. And Bush even got re-elected. Who's to say when my son is "35" which is the age u need to be for President, the CF life expectancy is not 65. Maybe I should start working on him campaign future now.....

Misel, actually God gave me more than free will. I don't suscribe to the whole free will stuff. I have free will to an extent....sure I can go out an engage in sex, but I have no control over wheter my overies will yack out eggs. On the other hand it could be mine desire not to reproduce and take good measures to protect myself and still end up w/ a rugrat. ..that .1%

And with free will there can be consequences. We are not as free as we would like to believe.

2perfectboys

lightNlife

Free will is the freedom to either accept or reject God, the ability to choose to be obedient or disobedient to what he requires in order to have eternal life with him in heaven. It is only important as it pertains to whether you believe or disbelieve that God exists and that he sent his one and only Son, to take the punishment for the sins of the world.

Free will is NOT the freedom to decide which pair of socks to put on in the morning, or the freedom to eat ice cream for dinner instead of something healthy.

You can read more about Free Will <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://educatedguesser.blogspot.com/2006/04/freedom-of-movement.html">here at Pools of Grace</a>

lightNlife

Free will is the freedom to either accept or reject God, the ability to choose to be obedient or disobedient to what he requires in order to have eternal life with him in heaven. It is only important as it pertains to whether you believe or disbelieve that God exists and that he sent his one and only Son, to take the punishment for the sins of the world.

Free will is NOT the freedom to decide which pair of socks to put on in the morning, or the freedom to eat ice cream for dinner instead of something healthy.

You can read more about Free Will <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://educatedguesser.blogspot.com/2006/04/freedom-of-movement.html">here at Pools of Grace</a>

lightNlife

mum2kj

I chose to NOT have more kids as I didn't want another child of mine to suffer in their life.

CF is inhumane and I wouldn't wish it on anyone!!!!!!!

Kj wishes everyday that she didn't have cf!!!

It's selfish of the parent to even think of risking it!! as it's the child with cf who has to deal with the pain and suffering not the parent.

I have already lost a child (Not cf) and I may lose kj in the future. I am sooooooo scared of this happening, why any parent would risk cf with another child is beyond me!

mum2kj

I chose to NOT have more kids as I didn't want another child of mine to suffer in their life.

It's selfish of the parent to even think of risking it!! as it's the child with cf who has to deal with the pain and suffering not the parent.

I have already lost a child (Not cf) and I may lose kj in the future. I am sooooooo scared of this happening, why any parent would risk cf with another child is beyond me!

mum2kj

loveee12

i'm the second child in my family, out of five. when i was diagnosed, my parents decided that if another child with cf was born they would stop there. the odds worked in their favor & i'm the only one with cf.

my mom was a pediatrian and was <i>fully aware</i> of the consequences.

there are so many sides to this argument, and so many factors to consider, but I'm glad my parents had me, and my parents still would have had me even if they had known i would have cf. Sometimes, I'm thankful for how strong and wise cf has made me.

On the other hand, for the most part I've been healthy. But I have had plenty of complications too ... look at the treatments developing. How far away is a cure? .. Adoption and ivf are also interesting options..

I think that even if I weren't healthy, and was dying now, I would have wanted a chance. But i've never been in that position so ...

How many people with Cf really wish they weren't born?

loveee12

i'm the second child in my family, out of five. when i was diagnosed, my parents decided that if another child with cf was born they would stop there. the odds worked in their favor & i'm the only one with cf.

there are so many sides to this argument, and so many factors to consider, but I'm glad my parents had me, and my parents still would have had me even if they had known i would have cf. Sometimes, I'm thankful for how strong and wise cf has made me.

On the other hand, for the most part I've been healthy. But I have had plenty of complications too ... look at the treatments developing. How far away is a cure? .. Adoption and ivf are also interesting options..

I think that even if I weren't healthy, and was dying now, I would have wanted a chance. But i've never been in that position so ...

loveee12

Emily65Roses

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>loveee12</b></i>
How many people with Cf really wish they weren't born?</end quote></div>

This argument, while it seems valid for this discussion, really isn't. We've used it 100 times before in very similar arguments. When you are asking people that already exist if they would rather have not been born, most of the time you're going to get a "no." Yes, we still want to have been born. But when we are discussing kids that don't yet exist, we are discussing hypothetical people, and therefore it's an entirely different debate.

Talking about the possibility of having people that aren't yet born and don't have personalities is much different than asking those of us who have already lived 20, 25, 30 years if we'd rather not have been born.

Emily65Roses

This argument, while it seems valid for this discussion, really isn't. We've used it 100 times before in very similar arguments. When you are asking people that already exist if they would rather have not been born, most of the time you're going to get a "no." Yes, we still want to have been born. But when we are discussing kids that don't yet exist, we are discussing hypothetical people, and therefore it's an entirely different debate.

Talking about the possibility of having people that aren't yet born and don't have personalities is much different than asking those of us who have already lived 20, 25, 30 years if we'd rather not have been born.

Emily65Roses

froggymama

I agree. Adoption is a wonderful alternative. If we can afford it someday, we'd love to give our daughter a sibling. There are sooooo many amazing children out there waiting for mommies and daddies. We wanted to adopt before our daughter was born, now we have an even greater incentive. It's true there is a risk in any pregnancy. But 25% is too high for us.