to vaccinate or not vaccinate

anonymous

let me try that link again <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.cdc.gov-nip-diseases-varicella-SampleOpEdChickenpox.pdf">www.cdc.gov-nip-diseases-varic...mpleOpEdChickenpox.pdf</a>

anonymous

let me try that link again <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.cdc.gov-nip-diseases-varicella-SampleOpEdChickenpox.pdf">www.cdc.gov-nip-diseases-varic...mpleOpEdChickenpox.pdf</a>

anonymous

alright I give up I xan't get the link to work but if you want to read it go to

www.cdc.gov-nip-diseases-varicella-SampleOpEdChickenpox.pdf

anonymous

anonymous

JRPandTJP

children do not die of chicken pox...IF a complication occurs and IF it is not treated appropriately and IF the secondary infection overwhelms their immune system then death MAY occur. Unless there is no access to medical attention or an individuals parents live in horrible conditions where natural healing is compromised, this is highly unlikely. This is an inconvenience disease and life-time immunity occurs after contraction. No biggy!! I got it as an adult (right before prom and graduation) and was fine.

When it was first introduced the inserts actually warned people that vaccinated indivuals could transmit the vaccine virus to close contacts and "should avoid close association with susceptible high-risk individuals" such as newborns (hello, this is who is receiving it), pregnant women, and immono-compromised individuals. Today's label still lists "secondary transmission of virus can occur." In addition, the CDC and FDA receive reports that recipients develop herpes zoster or shingles which can last several weeks or more. With these live vacines "as immunity declines, the laten virus wakes up" causing problems in some vaccinated people long after vaccination occurs.

Who created this site...the CDC or the chicken pox vaccine manufacturers...oh I bet it was both.

JRPandTJP

children do not die of chicken pox...IF a complication occurs and IF it is not treated appropriately and IF the secondary infection overwhelms their immune system then death MAY occur. Unless there is no access to medical attention or an individuals parents live in horrible conditions where natural healing is compromised, this is highly unlikely. This is an inconvenience disease and life-time immunity occurs after contraction. No biggy!! I got it as an adult (right before prom and graduation) and was fine.

When it was first introduced the inserts actually warned people that vaccinated indivuals could transmit the vaccine virus to close contacts and "should avoid close association with susceptible high-risk individuals" such as newborns (hello, this is who is receiving it), pregnant women, and immono-compromised individuals. Today's label still lists "secondary transmission of virus can occur." In addition, the CDC and FDA receive reports that recipients develop herpes zoster or shingles which can last several weeks or more. With these live vacines "as immunity declines, the laten virus wakes up" causing problems in some vaccinated people long after vaccination occurs.

Who created this site...the CDC or the chicken pox vaccine manufacturers...oh I bet it was both.

JRPandTJP

JRPandTJP

anon, you are a smart consumer of vacination products. your strategy is obviously well researched. our son is 2 1/2 and will not receive vaccinations. we both do not feel the proposed benefits out-way the risks. but this is what we are comfortable with after our extensive research. we didn't know what we know now with our daughter and i so wish I hadn't vaccinated her.

honestly, what I hope is that those who choose not to will simply encourage the CDC and manufactuers of these products to create better options. this mass immunization schedule is of concern and the contaminents are as well. we as the public need to make them do a better job and reconsider the volume of weakened disease germs they inject into children whose immune systems are not fully developed.

Just MHO. This topic needs to be debated and things need to change on behalf of the children who have no voice.

Jody

JRPandTJP

anon, you are a smart consumer of vacination products. your strategy is obviously well researched. our son is 2 1/2 and will not receive vaccinations. we both do not feel the proposed benefits out-way the risks. but this is what we are comfortable with after our extensive research. we didn't know what we know now with our daughter and i so wish I hadn't vaccinated her.

honestly, what I hope is that those who choose not to will simply encourage the CDC and manufactuers of these products to create better options. this mass immunization schedule is of concern and the contaminents are as well. we as the public need to make them do a better job and reconsider the volume of weakened disease germs they inject into children whose immune systems are not fully developed.

Just MHO. This topic needs to be debated and things need to change on behalf of the children who have no voice.

Jody

JRPandTJP

Jody

JRPandTJP

anon, we also breastfed until 20 months. no better way to help and protect our children. I created a breastfeeding support site for moms of CF babies if you'd like to visit it go to www.cfnutrition4life.com THe nutrition site is not complete yet but will hopefully be a place to explore ideas and get ideas on health and cooking for our families.

Jody

JRPandTJP

anon, we also breastfed until 20 months. no better way to help and protect our children. I created a breastfeeding support site for moms of CF babies if you'd like to visit it go to www.cfnutrition4life.com THe nutrition site is not complete yet but will hopefully be a place to explore ideas and get ideas on health and cooking for our families.

Jody

JRPandTJP

Jody

Ann06

We had the same delimna when we found out our son had CF. We decided to vacinate when he was 6 months old. It was hard b/c my hubby was against all vaccinations, but the doctor recommended it. So, we did it.

Ann06

We had the same delimna when we found out our son had CF. We decided to vacinate when he was 6 months old. It was hard b/c my hubby was against all vaccinations, but the doctor recommended it. So, we did it.

Ann06

O

Olymama

Hi Jana,

This is the first time I am writing on this site.

I don't know if this will be read as this topic was posted months ago but I just wanted to thank you for posting this. My son is going in for his two month check up and I had the same concerns as you and was going to start a thread if one hadn't already been started. I am curious to what ones you put off until your son turns two?

Begining with the birth of my boy I am being challenged on many levels of what I hoped parenthood would be like for me. I was going for a home birth and after a rough labor I was rushed to the hospital for an emergency c-section, then 2&1/2 weeks later River was diagnosed with cf. I always been for preventative care, leary of anitbiotics and vaccines. Now it looks like I will have to get used to River being on anitbiotics, though he hasn't needed them yet. and he will being getting more vaccines then I was originally planning.

I would love to hear from you.

Amanda

O

Olymama

Hi Jana,

I don't know if this will be read as this topic was posted months ago but I just wanted to thank you for posting this. My son is going in for his two month check up and I had the same concerns as you and was going to start a thread if one hadn't already been started. I am curious to what ones you put off until your son turns two?

Begining with the birth of my boy I am being challenged on many levels of what I hoped parenthood would be like for me. I was going for a home birth and after a rough labor I was rushed to the hospital for an emergency c-section, then 2&1/2 weeks later River was diagnosed with cf. I always been for preventative care, leary of anitbiotics and vaccines. Now it looks like I will have to get used to River being on anitbiotics, though he hasn't needed them yet. and he will being getting more vaccines then I was originally planning.

Amanda

O

Olymama

Hi Jana,

Amanda