Treating Inflammation w/o anti-inflammatories

CaliSally

I have chronic inflammation. I also have allergies. I take zyrtec and singulair for my allergies, but the allergies still leak through. Effective nose spray make my nose bleed.

I don't know if all my inflammation is from allergies alone or plain ol CF, or both.

I was trying to get on Xolair hoping that would help if it's allergy related, but that is one hard-to-get med (because of my insurance).

My dr doesn't want me on anti-inflammatories (ibuprofen) because of risk to my kidneys.

What are my options?

<i><b>1) Have any of you been rx'd "Massage therapy"?</b></i>
My experience with massage: it seems my sense of smell has been better since my massage the other day, and my cough is more productive after a massage. Anyone experience this?

I asked my clinic for an Rx for this, and they won't do it. I guess they'd rather hand me a pill (which would hurt my stomach, liver, or kidneys) over something non-invasive?

<i><b>2) What about accupuncture or accupressure for inflammation - anyone treat it this way and have good results</b></i>?

<b><i>3) Has anyone had Xolair improve your levels of inflammation?</i></b>

Thanks

CaliSally

I have chronic inflammation. I also have allergies. I take zyrtec and singulair for my allergies, but the allergies still leak through. Effective nose spray make my nose bleed.

I don't know if all my inflammation is from allergies alone or plain ol CF, or both.

I was trying to get on Xolair hoping that would help if it's allergy related, but that is one hard-to-get med (because of my insurance).

My dr doesn't want me on anti-inflammatories (ibuprofen) because of risk to my kidneys.

What are my options?

My experience with massage: it seems my sense of smell has been better since my massage the other day, and my cough is more productive after a massage. Anyone experience this?

I asked my clinic for an Rx for this, and they won't do it. I guess they'd rather hand me a pill (which would hurt my stomach, liver, or kidneys) over something non-invasive?

<i><b>2) What about accupuncture or accupressure for inflammation - anyone treat it this way and have good results</b></i>?

Thanks

CaliSally

What are my options?

Thanks

CaliSally

What are my options?

Thanks

CaliSally

<br />
<br />I don't know if all my inflammation is from allergies alone or plain ol CF, or both.
<br />
<br />I was trying to get on Xolair hoping that would help if it's allergy related, but that is one hard-to-get med (because of my insurance).
<br />
<br />My dr doesn't want me on anti-inflammatories (ibuprofen) because of risk to my kidneys.
<br />
<br />What are my options?
<br />
<br /><i><b>1) Have any of you been rx'd "Massage therapy"?</b></i>
<br />My experience with massage: it seems my sense of smell has been better since my massage the other day, and my cough is more productive after a massage. Anyone experience this?
<br />
<br />I asked my clinic for an Rx for this, and they won't do it. I guess they'd rather hand me a pill (which would hurt my stomach, liver, or kidneys) over something non-invasive?
<br />
<br /><i><b>2) What about accupuncture or accupressure for inflammation - anyone treat it this way and have good results</b></i>?
<br />
<br /><b><i>3) Has anyone had Xolair improve your levels of inflammation?</i></b>
<br />
<br />Thanks

JORDYSMOM

Sally, I used to have a wonderful friend who did massage therapy on me for my sinus problems. It helped so much!!! I have severe allergies, and I get such horrible headaches because of it. My friend would have me breathing clearly, and feeling relaxed in no time. If you can afford to do it, I highly recommend it.

My friend always started with my hands. She would rub and apply pressure to the palms of my fingers, and other areas on my hand. I could feel my sinuses opening up as she was doing it. I've done it on myself, and it helps some, but you can't completely relax when doing it yourself. I know we have experts on the subject here. I'm sure one of them will jump in here soon.

Stacey

Edited to add: babycakes (that's her screenname) is a MT. She helped me back when I had a funny lump in my throat. Her advice worked wonders for me. You might try to PM her.

JORDYSMOM

Sally, I used to have a wonderful friend who did massage therapy on me for my sinus problems. It helped so much!!! I have severe allergies, and I get such horrible headaches because of it. My friend would have me breathing clearly, and feeling relaxed in no time. If you can afford to do it, I highly recommend it.

My friend always started with my hands. She would rub and apply pressure to the palms of my fingers, and other areas on my hand. I could feel my sinuses opening up as she was doing it. I've done it on myself, and it helps some, but you can't completely relax when doing it yourself. I know we have experts on the subject here. I'm sure one of them will jump in here soon.

Stacey

Edited to add: babycakes (that's her screenname) is a MT. She helped me back when I had a funny lump in my throat. Her advice worked wonders for me. You might try to PM her.

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

<br />
<br />My friend always started with my hands. She would rub and apply pressure to the palms of my fingers, and other areas on my hand. I could feel my sinuses opening up as she was doing it. I've done it on myself, and it helps some, but you can't completely relax when doing it yourself. I know we have experts on the subject here. I'm sure one of them will jump in here soon.
<br />
<br />Stacey
<br />
<br />Edited to add: babycakes (that's her screenname) is a MT. She helped me back when I had a funny lump in my throat. Her advice worked wonders for me. You might try to PM her.

JazzysMom

I havent tried accupuncture yet, but I have friends with asmtha (no CF), allergies & sinusistis that swears by it.

I have done massage & it works wonders....

JazzysMom

I havent tried accupuncture yet, but I have friends with asmtha (no CF), allergies & sinusistis that swears by it.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />I have done massage & it works wonders....

Spartan936

1) Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but massage therapy has no effect on your sinuses or lungs. Any medical doctor would agree. It does make you feel good though. I've had a few of them, but I still prefer stretching and exercise.
<br><br>

2) Accupuncture and Accupressure are just relaxation techniques. Anyone who says they improve your health are uninformed.

<br><br>

http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/acu.html

<br><br>

3) Xolair is only for allergies. I doubt it would work any more than Zyrtec. Sinus irrigations (the waterpik) might help quite a bit though.

<br><br>

If you eat healthy whole foods, avoid most junk food and sugary food, exercise lots (cardio and weight bearing), and keep yourself infection free as possible... then you are already doing all you can to keep inflammation down. Although I would suggest looking into Glutathione, Omega-3, and a good multivitamin.

Spartan936

1) Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but massage therapy has no effect on your sinuses or lungs. Any medical doctor would agree. It does make you feel good though. I've had a few of them, but I still prefer stretching and exercise.
<br><br>

2) Accupuncture and Accupressure are just relaxation techniques. Anyone who says they improve your health are uninformed.

<br><br>

<br><br>

3) Xolair is only for allergies. I doubt it would work any more than Zyrtec. Sinus irrigations (the waterpik) might help quite a bit though.

<br><br>

If you eat healthy whole foods, avoid most junk food and sugary food, exercise lots (cardio and weight bearing), and keep yourself infection free as possible... then you are already doing all you can to keep inflammation down. Although I would suggest looking into Glutathione, Omega-3, and a good multivitamin.

Spartan936

<br><br>

<br><br>

<br><br>

<br><br>

Spartan936

<br><br>

<br><br>

<br><br>

<br><br>

Spartan936

<br><br>

<br><br>

<br><br>

<br><br>