Very sick and scared

Diane

Cant you do Iv's at home ? That way you wont have to take time off of work at all.
I agree with Liotan....
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Sorry to say, but if you're more worried about losing your job than your health, you may not even need to worry if you will still have a job cause you will be more worried if you even have the strength it takes to breathe!</end quote></div>
If it were me i would say screw the job, because whats a job worth if you continue to deteriorate and cant breathe?
I know we need to work and make money, but we also have to keep ourselves well. Even though you have used all your sick days, if you need time to get well you <b>must</b> take it and i cant imagine you actually getting fired for it.
I hope you can get help on this and get feeling better. I dont know if your cf center allows ivs at home, but it is worth it for you to find out.

Diane

Cant you do Iv's at home ? That way you wont have to take time off of work at all.
I agree with Liotan....
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Sorry to say, but if you're more worried about losing your job than your health, you may not even need to worry if you will still have a job cause you will be more worried if you even have the strength it takes to breathe!</end quote></div>
If it were me i would say screw the job, because whats a job worth if you continue to deteriorate and cant breathe?
I know we need to work and make money, but we also have to keep ourselves well. Even though you have used all your sick days, if you need time to get well you <b>must</b> take it and i cant imagine you actually getting fired for it.
I hope you can get help on this and get feeling better. I dont know if your cf center allows ivs at home, but it is worth it for you to find out.

Diane

I agree with Liotan....

Diane

I agree with Liotan....
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Sorry to say, but if you're more worried about losing your job than your health, you may not even need to worry if you will still have a job cause you will be more worried if you even have the strength it takes to breathe!</end quote>

Diane

<br /> I agree with Liotan....
<br /><div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Sorry to say, but if you're more worried about losing your job than your health, you may not even need to worry if you will still have a job cause you will be more worried if you even have the strength it takes to breathe!</end quote>
<br /> If it were me i would say screw the job, because whats a job worth if you continue to deteriorate and cant breathe?
<br /> I know we need to work and make money, but we also have to keep ourselves well. Even though you have used all your sick days, if you need time to get well you <b>must</b> take it and i cant imagine you actually getting fired for it.
<br /> I hope you can get help on this and get feeling better. I dont know if your cf center allows ivs at home, but it is worth it for you to find out.

Jeana

I am a teacher, too. See if you can get hooked up on IVs and then go back to work (if you feel good enough). I have done it many times. Also, does your district have a sick leave bank? Feel free to PM me. I just went through the whole medical leave act this year.

Jeana

I am a teacher, too. See if you can get hooked up on IVs and then go back to work (if you feel good enough). I have done it many times. Also, does your district have a sick leave bank? Feel free to PM me. I just went through the whole medical leave act this year.

Jeana

Jeana

Jeana

NYCLawGirl

sue, there's no reason you can't be on ivs again this soon after your last course. many of us have had to bite the bullet and go in for a second (or third!) round earlier than we would have liked. case in point: i've already had three rounds of IVs in 2009, and one was an extended course. sure, it sucks, but the good news is that because my doctor is so proactive with IVs and treatments i have managed each time to regain my baseline lung function. but PLEASE listen to everyone on here and CALL YOUR DOCTOR! i know it's scary, but you wouldn't have posted here if you didn't know the "right" answer somewhere deep down.

btw, even if you have used up sick leave you should be entitled to additional time off under FMLA, right? even without tenure they can't just fire you for your disability.

NYCLawGirl

sue, there's no reason you can't be on ivs again this soon after your last course. many of us have had to bite the bullet and go in for a second (or third!) round earlier than we would have liked. case in point: i've already had three rounds of IVs in 2009, and one was an extended course. sure, it sucks, but the good news is that because my doctor is so proactive with IVs and treatments i have managed each time to regain my baseline lung function. but PLEASE listen to everyone on here and CALL YOUR DOCTOR! i know it's scary, but you wouldn't have posted here if you didn't know the "right" answer somewhere deep down.

btw, even if you have used up sick leave you should be entitled to additional time off under FMLA, right? even without tenure they can't just fire you for your disability.

NYCLawGirl

NYCLawGirl

NYCLawGirl

<br />
<br />btw, even if you have used up sick leave you should be entitled to additional time off under FMLA, right? even without tenure they can't just fire you for your disability.

J

JasonDBrown

Look, I am often in your position. Last year, not going to the ER nearly killed me... go!!! I am very cautious now knowing that if I do go... I have a better chance to defeat the virus. Just go, it can not hurt. Keep us posted, good luck. Remember, fear can be our salvation. Do good for yourself.

-Jason

J

JasonDBrown

Look, I am often in your position. Last year, not going to the ER nearly killed me... go!!! I am very cautious now knowing that if I do go... I have a better chance to defeat the virus. Just go, it can not hurt. Keep us posted, good luck. Remember, fear can be our salvation. Do good for yourself.

-Jason

J

JasonDBrown

-Jason

J

JasonDBrown

-Jason

J

JasonDBrown

<br />
<br />-Jason