Very sick and scared

saveferris2009

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>sue35</b></i>

Does anyone know why I could be so nauseous? That has never happened before and it isn't the medicine because it is usually when I haven't taken it for awhile</end quote></div>

If you are having a great deal of mucus from you sinuses go into your stomach (post nasal drip...) you could be feeling quite nauseous.

Non-CF lungs and sinuses rid themselves of bacteria/mucus/foreign objects by sweeping these items up and out of the lungs/sinuses and down the throat into the stomach.

feel better soon!

and maybe you can home IV's (aka go in for 3 days or so to get your levels stable with the IV's, and then do the rest while you teach).

bottomline - you won't have a career if you don't have your health. i know, we've all had to make those very tough decisions. but i know you can do it!

saveferris2009

Does anyone know why I could be so nauseous? That has never happened before and it isn't the medicine because it is usually when I haven't taken it for awhile</end quote></div>

If you are having a great deal of mucus from you sinuses go into your stomach (post nasal drip...) you could be feeling quite nauseous.

Non-CF lungs and sinuses rid themselves of bacteria/mucus/foreign objects by sweeping these items up and out of the lungs/sinuses and down the throat into the stomach.

feel better soon!

and maybe you can home IV's (aka go in for 3 days or so to get your levels stable with the IV's, and then do the rest while you teach).

bottomline - you won't have a career if you don't have your health. i know, we've all had to make those very tough decisions. but i know you can do it!

saveferris2009

feel better soon!

saveferris2009

Does anyone know why I could be so nauseous? That has never happened before and it isn't the medicine because it is usually when I haven't taken it for awhile</end quote>

feel better soon!

saveferris2009

<br />
<br />Does anyone know why I could be so nauseous? That has never happened before and it isn't the medicine because it is usually when I haven't taken it for awhile</end quote>
<br />
<br />
<br />If you are having a great deal of mucus from you sinuses go into your stomach (post nasal drip...) you could be feeling quite nauseous.
<br />
<br />Non-CF lungs and sinuses rid themselves of bacteria/mucus/foreign objects by sweeping these items up and out of the lungs/sinuses and down the throat into the stomach.
<br />
<br />feel better soon!
<br />
<br />and maybe you can home IV's (aka go in for 3 days or so to get your levels stable with the IV's, and then do the rest while you teach).
<br />
<br />bottomline - you won't have a career if you don't have your health. i know, we've all had to make those very tough decisions. but i know you can do it!

Ricky123

get yourself in asap into the hospital,and talk to someone,your bottling so much negativity inside you its messing you up.Worst thing you can do is suffer in silence,
and above all try to be positive

Ricky123

get yourself in asap into the hospital,and talk to someone,your bottling so much negativity inside you its messing you up.Worst thing you can do is suffer in silence,

Ricky123

Ricky123

Ricky123

<br />and above all try to be positive

ladybug

Hey, Sue... How are you doing? What ended up happening with all this? Have you gone to the ER or gotten on abx or both?

I also suggest you do a google search for Beth Suffian if you're worried about how your health leave will affect your job. She is a lawyer who specializes in CF and can guide you on these matters and tell you what is acceptable and what is not under the medical leave act. I'm pretty sure though that you can't loose your job over something as serious as needing IV medication. Its one thing if you were calling in for a hangover or headache and had already used up your days, however this is much much more serious and detrimental to your health and possibly your life.

Best of luck, my friend.

ladybug

Hey, Sue... How are you doing? What ended up happening with all this? Have you gone to the ER or gotten on abx or both?

I also suggest you do a google search for Beth Suffian if you're worried about how your health leave will affect your job. She is a lawyer who specializes in CF and can guide you on these matters and tell you what is acceptable and what is not under the medical leave act. I'm pretty sure though that you can't loose your job over something as serious as needing IV medication. Its one thing if you were calling in for a hangover or headache and had already used up your days, however this is much much more serious and detrimental to your health and possibly your life.

Best of luck, my friend.

ladybug

Best of luck, my friend.

ladybug

Best of luck, my friend.

ladybug

<br />
<br />I also suggest you do a google search for Beth Suffian if you're worried about how your health leave will affect your job. She is a lawyer who specializes in CF and can guide you on these matters and tell you what is acceptable and what is not under the medical leave act. I'm pretty sure though that you can't loose your job over something as serious as needing IV medication. Its one thing if you were calling in for a hangover or headache and had already used up your days, however this is much much more serious and detrimental to your health and possibly your life.
<br />
<br />Best of luck, my friend.