Vest

Justsmurfin

I LOVE my vest!!! It works great for me and has been a HUGE life saver, I'm not sure what I did without it. I've had it almost a month and have over 20 hours on it already. No chest pain and for me its very easy to tolerate.

I would say it depends on the person though. I know people who didn't like the vest at all and some who down right hated it (there are a few of them here, maybe they can chime in on what they didn't like). No method is for everyone and it really just varies from person to person. What works for one may not work for the other.

That said, once again I LOVE my vest

Justsmurfin

I LOVE my vest!!! It works great for me and has been a HUGE life saver, I'm not sure what I did without it. I've had it almost a month and have over 20 hours on it already. No chest pain and for me its very easy to tolerate.

I would say it depends on the person though. I know people who didn't like the vest at all and some who down right hated it (there are a few of them here, maybe they can chime in on what they didn't like). No method is for everyone and it really just varies from person to person. What works for one may not work for the other.

Justsmurfin

Justsmurfin

Justsmurfin

<br />
<br />I would say it depends on the person though. I know people who didn't like the vest at all and some who down right hated it (there are a few of them here, maybe they can chime in on what they didn't like). No method is for everyone and it really just varies from person to person. What works for one may not work for the other.
<br />
<br />That said, once again I LOVE my vest

cdale613

Mommy2Alyssa - I'm not a parent, but how much of your daughter's resistance is normal terrible-two behavior?? The vest may not fix those problems...
Before going through the hastle of finding a paying for what could be an expensive experiment, maybe it would be best keep pushing the cpt.

In my own experience (granted I remember nothing about being 2 years old), my parents made cpt non-optional, and weren't afraid to lay down the law about it.

Best,

Chris
27 m w/cf

cdale613

Mommy2Alyssa - I'm not a parent, but how much of your daughter's resistance is normal terrible-two behavior?? The vest may not fix those problems...
Before going through the hastle of finding a paying for what could be an expensive experiment, maybe it would be best keep pushing the cpt.

In my own experience (granted I remember nothing about being 2 years old), my parents made cpt non-optional, and weren't afraid to lay down the law about it.

Best,

Chris
27 m w/cf

cdale613

Best,

Chris
27 m w/cf

cdale613

Best,

Chris
27 m w/cf

cdale613

<br />Before going through the hastle of finding a paying for what could be an expensive experiment, maybe it would be best keep pushing the cpt.
<br />
<br />In my own experience (granted I remember nothing about being 2 years old), my parents made cpt non-optional, and weren't afraid to lay down the law about it.
<br />
<br />Best,
<br />
<br />Chris
<br />27 m w/cf

kmaried

Hi,

I'm 26 and I LOVE the vest. I started doing it when I was 18 and went away to college and have done it every day since. I have had no chest pain in those 8 years.

One thing about Chris' point - I've read that postural drainage (use of gravity) in manual CPT positions is actually bad for you. When you're upside down like that it encourages stomach acid to rise which actually aggravates lung infections.

Kris

kmaried

Hi,

I'm 26 and I LOVE the vest. I started doing it when I was 18 and went away to college and have done it every day since. I have had no chest pain in those 8 years.

One thing about Chris' point - I've read that postural drainage (use of gravity) in manual CPT positions is actually bad for you. When you're upside down like that it encourages stomach acid to rise which actually aggravates lung infections.

Kris

kmaried

Hi,

Kris

kmaried

Hi,

Kris

kmaried

Hi,
<br />
<br />I'm 26 and I LOVE the vest. I started doing it when I was 18 and went away to college and have done it every day since. I have had no chest pain in those 8 years.
<br />
<br />One thing about Chris' point - I've read that postural drainage (use of gravity) in manual CPT positions is actually bad for you. When you're upside down like that it encourages stomach acid to rise which actually aggravates lung infections.
<br />
<br />Kris

Sevenstars

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>kmaried</b></i>
</end quote></div>

Do you have a link to that? I've never heard that. I actually love postural drainage. A lot of times after good chest PT in the hospital, I like to leave the bed tilted because it feels good to me. I also cough way more when I'm tilted, too. I do take nexium so it's not like I don't have acid problems either... but I've never been told I'm aspirating acid and I certainly don't feel "reflux-ey" when upside-down.

And to the OP, agreeing with Chris again here. Chest PT for me was NOT optional. I can't remember specifically what she did but there was certainly no choice on my part. Also like others have said... if she won't do regular chest PT, what makes you sure she will sit down for the vest?

Maybe other moms can give you tips about putting your foot down, or some kind of reward system where you keep track of treatments and she gets something at the end. (I know you said she couldn't be bribed but maybe you could make it a poster or something if she likes art/stickers? just tossing ideas here...)

Sevenstars

</end quote></div>

Do you have a link to that? I've never heard that. I actually love postural drainage. A lot of times after good chest PT in the hospital, I like to leave the bed tilted because it feels good to me. I also cough way more when I'm tilted, too. I do take nexium so it's not like I don't have acid problems either... but I've never been told I'm aspirating acid and I certainly don't feel "reflux-ey" when upside-down.

And to the OP, agreeing with Chris again here. Chest PT for me was NOT optional. I can't remember specifically what she did but there was certainly no choice on my part. Also like others have said... if she won't do regular chest PT, what makes you sure she will sit down for the vest?

Maybe other moms can give you tips about putting your foot down, or some kind of reward system where you keep track of treatments and she gets something at the end. (I know you said she couldn't be bribed but maybe you could make it a poster or something if she likes art/stickers? just tossing ideas here...)

Sevenstars

</end quote></div>

Sevenstars

</end quote>

Sevenstars

<br />One thing about Chris' point - I've read that postural drainage (use of gravity) in manual CPT positions is actually bad for you. When you're upside down like that it encourages stomach acid to rise which actually aggravates lung infections.
<br /></end quote>
<br />
<br />Do you have a link to that? I've never heard that. I actually love postural drainage. A lot of times after good chest PT in the hospital, I like to leave the bed tilted because it feels good to me. I also cough way more when I'm tilted, too. I do take nexium so it's not like I don't have acid problems either... but I've never been told I'm aspirating acid and I certainly don't feel "reflux-ey" when upside-down.
<br />
<br />And to the OP, agreeing with Chris again here. Chest PT for me was NOT optional. I can't remember specifically what she did but there was certainly no choice on my part. Also like others have said... if she won't do regular chest PT, what makes you sure she will sit down for the vest?
<br />
<br />Maybe other moms can give you tips about putting your foot down, or some kind of reward system where you keep track of treatments and she gets something at the end. (I know you said she couldn't be bribed but maybe you could make it a poster or something if she likes art/stickers? just tossing ideas here...)
<br />
<br />