Was it hard to tell your friends that you have CF?

Egmo33

Oh hai, My name is Egan and I am 14

Many people now hear about it through the grapevine or I will just flat out tell them, yea I have CF, hah.

Trust me when I tell you this. No-one will ever make fun of your for having a terminal illness. That is with exceptions, all my friends now and my whole grade knows. I am in 9th grade with about 350 other kids in the grade. The kids tat I went to elementary school with all know and all my friends know.

They have to find out sometime either through coming over and seeing your pills or nebulizer. But trust me its fine. When i said there are exceptions i mean me and my friends joke around sometimes. Like if I am playing a game and I lose, ill be like "Oh, it was because of CF"jokes and such. Its an exchange f jokes and people with common sense know where to stop with jokes.

But yea, tell people get the word out. Its better for your friend to know.

Egmo33

Many people now hear about it through the grapevine or I will just flat out tell them, yea I have CF, hah.

Trust me when I tell you this. No-one will ever make fun of your for having a terminal illness. That is with exceptions, all my friends now and my whole grade knows. I am in 9th grade with about 350 other kids in the grade. The kids tat I went to elementary school with all know and all my friends know.

They have to find out sometime either through coming over and seeing your pills or nebulizer. But trust me its fine. When i said there are exceptions i mean me and my friends joke around sometimes. Like if I am playing a game and I lose, ill be like "Oh, it was because of CF"jokes and such. Its an exchange f jokes and people with common sense know where to stop with jokes.

Egmo33

Egmo33

Egmo33

<br />
<br />Many people now hear about it through the grapevine or I will just flat out tell them, yea I have CF, hah.
<br />
<br />Trust me when I tell you this. No-one will ever make fun of your for having a terminal illness. That is with exceptions, all my friends now and my whole grade knows. I am in 9th grade with about 350 other kids in the grade. The kids tat I went to elementary school with all know and all my friends know.
<br />
<br />They have to find out sometime either through coming over and seeing your pills or nebulizer. But trust me its fine. When i said there are exceptions i mean me and my friends joke around sometimes. Like if I am playing a game and I lose, ill be like "Oh, it was because of CF"jokes and such. Its an exchange f jokes and people with common sense know where to stop with jokes.
<br />
<br />But yea, tell people get the word out. Its better for your friend to know.

LittleFlav

I told my friends right of the bat, but only my friends. They seem fine with it and if your friends understand, thats how you know their really you friends.

Littleflav/Sean 12

LittleFlav

I told my friends right of the bat, but only my friends. They seem fine with it and if your friends understand, thats how you know their really you friends.

Littleflav/Sean 12

LittleFlav

Littleflav/Sean 12

LittleFlav

Littleflav/Sean 12

LittleFlav

<br />
<br />
<br />Littleflav/Sean 12

Abbs

I've been pretty lucky because I have a group of really close friends who I grew up with. I told them when I was seven or so, and they were all okay with it. Since then, they've kind of gotten used to the random hospitalizations, mic key, enzymes, etc.
But when I meet new people I find it's best to just tell them straight up. I think the worst response I've ever gotten from that is just the 'pitying' look that people tend to give you when they find out you're sick.

Abbs

I've been pretty lucky because I have a group of really close friends who I grew up with. I told them when I was seven or so, and they were all okay with it. Since then, they've kind of gotten used to the random hospitalizations, mic key, enzymes, etc.
But when I meet new people I find it's best to just tell them straight up. I think the worst response I've ever gotten from that is just the 'pitying' look that people tend to give you when they find out you're sick.

Abbs

Abbs

Abbs

<br />But when I meet new people I find it's best to just tell them straight up. I think the worst response I've ever gotten from that is just the 'pitying' look that people tend to give you when they find out you're sick.

All I said is "Oh I have Cystic Fibrosis, or CF. It's just a lung disease I was born with. I take a lot of pills. It seems like millions." And then we laugh.

All I said is "Oh I have Cystic Fibrosis, or CF. It's just a lung disease I was born with. I take a lot of pills. It seems like millions." And then we laugh.