Was it hard to tell your friends that you have CF?

bubblez1994

I haven't told any of my friends that I have CF yet. I am 14 years old. Only my Best friend knows, but no one at my school. I'm afraid that they might make fu of me or they might start rumors about me. Can you tell me your story about how you told your friends? Please?

bubblez1994

I haven't told any of my friends that I have CF yet. I am 14 years old. Only my Best friend knows, but no one at my school. I'm afraid that they might make fu of me or they might start rumors about me. Can you tell me your story about how you told your friends? Please?

bubblez1994

bubblez1994

bubblez1994

M

meggzzie

To tell my friends I kind had to explain why I took my enzymes cuz that was when they noticed. So I'd explain that I had a messed up digestive system and had to take them.

I would usually explain one on one because its easier and then they can ask questions and you can answer rather than having a group of people freak out and stuff. Yeah I know that wasn't very helpful but its what I did.

I used to have IVs in my hand so I would have to explain why I had a bandage round my hand or arm or whatever, but only to my friends. To other people I just said I hurt my hand!!

Hope everything goes ok, if they're good friends, they'll understand and wont freak out or anything (except when you show them freaky scars! Which I don't mind doing and usually show them to freak them out any way, although this is after they know about my CF.)

M

meggzzie

To tell my friends I kind had to explain why I took my enzymes cuz that was when they noticed. So I'd explain that I had a messed up digestive system and had to take them.

I would usually explain one on one because its easier and then they can ask questions and you can answer rather than having a group of people freak out and stuff. Yeah I know that wasn't very helpful but its what I did.

I used to have IVs in my hand so I would have to explain why I had a bandage round my hand or arm or whatever, but only to my friends. To other people I just said I hurt my hand!!

Hope everything goes ok, if they're good friends, they'll understand and wont freak out or anything (except when you show them freaky scars! Which I don't mind doing and usually show them to freak them out any way, although this is after they know about my CF.)

M

meggzzie

M

meggzzie

M

meggzzie

<br />
<br />I would usually explain one on one because its easier and then they can ask questions and you can answer rather than having a group of people freak out and stuff. Yeah I know that wasn't very helpful but its what I did.
<br />
<br />I used to have IVs in my hand so I would have to explain why I had a bandage round my hand or arm or whatever, but only to my friends. To other people I just said I hurt my hand!!
<br />
<br />Hope everything goes ok, if they're good friends, they'll understand and wont freak out or anything (except when you show them freaky scars! Which I don't mind doing and usually show them to freak them out any way, although this is after they know about my CF.)

stunter

Hi im 25 now i was in the same boat that you r in now. i was afraid to tell my friends to i never did. till may 25th 2006. and then i really didnt tell them my dad did i was in the hospitel. b/c a drunk driver dsided to cross the yellow line when i was riding my street-bike and hit me. all my freindes came to see me and u know what it didnt seem to bother them that i have C.F so what im trying to say is tell them and if they make fun of then there not your true freind.

stunter

Hi im 25 now i was in the same boat that you r in now. i was afraid to tell my friends to i never did. till may 25th 2006. and then i really didnt tell them my dad did i was in the hospitel. b/c a drunk driver dsided to cross the yellow line when i was riding my street-bike and hit me. all my freindes came to see me and u know what it didnt seem to bother them that i have C.F so what im trying to say is tell them and if they make fun of then there not your true freind.

stunter

stunter

stunter

Macaela4

Hey my name is Macaela. I've only told my best friend and shes fine with it. she actually thinks its really cool. I have a Mickey tube. and if any of you out there hate it, dont be. I love it because no one else has one so its bad ass. So if ppl wanna talk crap about u cuz of that, let them. who cares right?

Macaela4

Hey my name is Macaela. I've only told my best friend and shes fine with it. she actually thinks its really cool. I have a Mickey tube. and if any of you out there hate it, dont be. I love it because no one else has one so its bad ass. So if ppl wanna talk crap about u cuz of that, let them. who cares right?

Macaela4

Macaela4

Macaela4