what are you supposed to be doing

PACmommy

I love this topic! We got off to an early start today, 6:30 the kids heads pop up. I've gotten them all fed, dressed, washed. My weekly housecleaning is already done and Ainsley's vest is done. Luckily today is a PD day for Payton so I don't have to run out the door to drop him off or pick him up. Laundry's in the washer and it's only 10:30, today is a really good day. Do any of you guys ever feel like there just isn't enough hours in the day left for you to take a minute and relax?

One other thing, if any of you do have spare time, think about volunteering for your local CF chapter. The need is great, I just became a "member at large" on our board and am astonished at the lack of great help there is.

babycakes

We actually don't have to work today! But seeing how I just got majorly stuck in the snow bank we call a driveway( my son thought it was great he was late for school!!) I should be out side shovelling snow!

babycakes

We actually don't have to work today! But seeing how I just got majorly stuck in the snow bank we call a driveway( my son thought it was great he was late for school!!) I should be out side shovelling snow!

babycakes

PACmommy

Just a quick question, I'm thinking about going back to work eventually. How do all those working moms out there fit in therapy, work and all the other mom duties in?
What happens if your child ends up in the hospital? Are your bosses flexible, paid leave? etc. Send your thoughts and solutions.

PACmommy

Just a quick question, I'm thinking about going back to work eventually. How do all those working moms out there fit in therapy, work and all the other mom duties in?
What happens if your child ends up in the hospital? Are your bosses flexible, paid leave? etc. Send your thoughts and solutions.

PACmommy

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Doing laundry, eating PB&J sandwich while MAggie's doing her neb. So I'm multi-tasking i guess, Going to work at 2:30 so I like to have the house clean before my husband and two kids do an astonishing good job of messing it up inthe 8 hours I'm gone.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Doing laundry, eating PB&J sandwich while MAggie's doing her neb. So I'm multi-tasking i guess, Going to work at 2:30 so I like to have the house clean before my husband and two kids do an astonishing good job of messing it up inthe 8 hours I'm gone.

Rebjane

Super Moderator

S

sdelorenzo

The kids have teacher in-service today so we have a late start to the day. They are both finishing up their vests. So I am just hanging out until they are done. Life is much better now that they both use the vest! I always have something else I could be doing (laundry, stuffing envelopes for Great Strides, planning my daughter's valentines day party at school or one of the other million little projects I can think of).
Sharon, mom of Sophia, 5 and Jack, 3 both with cf

S

sdelorenzo

The kids have teacher in-service today so we have a late start to the day. They are both finishing up their vests. So I am just hanging out until they are done. Life is much better now that they both use the vest! I always have something else I could be doing (laundry, stuffing envelopes for Great Strides, planning my daughter's valentines day party at school or one of the other million little projects I can think of).

S

sdelorenzo

SuperRyan

Hello All

The working mom question is right up my alley!!!! I have just recently been participating in these forums and have found it extremely helpful. I am a full time Nurse Manager at a hospital in Washington D.C. I work M-F from 6am until about 4pm. My husband wakes Super Ryan up at 7am and he does the morning treatments and he drops him off at his home daycare. I pick Ryan up around 5pm and then I do the evening treatments. It is definitely very very busy and we constantly feel like we are on the go. However, it is a system that works and that has proven (so far, fingers crossed) to be beneficial for Ryan. It takes team work and organization to make it work.

As far as hospitalizations, thankfully I have supportive bosses and actually when Ryan was in the hospital, my husband and I get creative and each of us are able to go to work every other day while the other stays at the hospital with Ryan. My husband is a financial analyst so he was not very medically savy, but boy has he come a long way. He knows all the right questions to ask and he picks up on every little detail, which we all know is very important with this illness. I bank a lot of my vacation time so that I have a cushion to fall back on in case Ryan is really sick.

See if your boss is willing to flex your hours. For example, I work 4 ten hour days so I have a built in day off every week. If Ryan gets sick, then I can take a day off and then make up the hours on another day so as not to use up all of my sick and vacation time. Flexibility and team work are the key to managing this as working parents. If I could stay home, I would, but that is just not possible so this is how we have made it work for us. I hope that this helps

SuperRyan

Hello All

The working mom question is right up my alley!!!! I have just recently been participating in these forums and have found it extremely helpful. I am a full time Nurse Manager at a hospital in Washington D.C. I work M-F from 6am until about 4pm. My husband wakes Super Ryan up at 7am and he does the morning treatments and he drops him off at his home daycare. I pick Ryan up around 5pm and then I do the evening treatments. It is definitely very very busy and we constantly feel like we are on the go. However, it is a system that works and that has proven (so far, fingers crossed) to be beneficial for Ryan. It takes team work and organization to make it work.

As far as hospitalizations, thankfully I have supportive bosses and actually when Ryan was in the hospital, my husband and I get creative and each of us are able to go to work every other day while the other stays at the hospital with Ryan. My husband is a financial analyst so he was not very medically savy, but boy has he come a long way. He knows all the right questions to ask and he picks up on every little detail, which we all know is very important with this illness. I bank a lot of my vacation time so that I have a cushion to fall back on in case Ryan is really sick.

See if your boss is willing to flex your hours. For example, I work 4 ten hour days so I have a built in day off every week. If Ryan gets sick, then I can take a day off and then make up the hours on another day so as not to use up all of my sick and vacation time. Flexibility and team work are the key to managing this as working parents. If I could stay home, I would, but that is just not possible so this is how we have made it work for us. I hope that this helps

SuperRyan

Hello All

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I get up at 6 and do nebs and CPT on DS while he sleeps. If he's on Tobi, then he snuggles in with his dad while I shower and get ready for work. I drink a cup of coffee, get DS's clothes, breakfast and meds ready for him. Wake him up about 7:15 give him some carnation instant breakfast, get him dressed, potty and teeth brushed and he goes with DH to preschool. He gets breakfast at preschool around 8.

Over the noon hour I wash dishes, boil nebs, organize meds for the next day. Sometimes do laundry, put things away, pay bills. I need to start working out again. I used to walk on the treadmill for 15-20 minutes, jump in the shower, boil nebs and run back to work, but since the holidays, I've been BAD!

Pick up DS at preschool at 5. Snack. Vest with nebs. Sometimes Tobi. Fix dinner. Eat dinner. Give DS a bath while DH straightens out the kitchen. Tries to declutterize the kitchen & living room by picking up toys. Play and watch tv for awhile unless DS has swimming lessons. Start to get DS quieted down by 9:30 and strapped into his vest with nebs, pulmozyme.

Housecleaning is usually done on the weekends. Either while DS naps or one of us cleans while the other plays with DS.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I get up at 6 and do nebs and CPT on DS while he sleeps. If he's on Tobi, then he snuggles in with his dad while I shower and get ready for work. I drink a cup of coffee, get DS's clothes, breakfast and meds ready for him. Wake him up about 7:15 give him some carnation instant breakfast, get him dressed, potty and teeth brushed and he goes with DH to preschool. He gets breakfast at preschool around 8.

Over the noon hour I wash dishes, boil nebs, organize meds for the next day. Sometimes do laundry, put things away, pay bills. I need to start working out again. I used to walk on the treadmill for 15-20 minutes, jump in the shower, boil nebs and run back to work, but since the holidays, I've been BAD!

Pick up DS at preschool at 5. Snack. Vest with nebs. Sometimes Tobi. Fix dinner. Eat dinner. Give DS a bath while DH straightens out the kitchen. Tries to declutterize the kitchen & living room by picking up toys. Play and watch tv for awhile unless DS has swimming lessons. Start to get DS quieted down by 9:30 and strapped into his vest with nebs, pulmozyme.

Housecleaning is usually done on the weekends. Either while DS naps or one of us cleans while the other plays with DS.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

MYBOY

I am usually at work when I check in - (breaks, lunch) I never have time at home!! I work full time. I usually walk or do dishes & start wash at 5:20am (6 if I skip walking and do wishes and wash). I have 2 loads of wash started before I leave the house at 7:30 - then hubby finishes it and gets Tanner to school. I take my daughter and then go to work by 8. We only do night treatments so that helps alot (unless on TOBI or sick) which I realize might change some day. My husband is self employed so he can start when he wants and usually runs the errands and picks up kids. I get off work at 4:30 then do supper, dishes, homework - (by the way they get soo much anymore), treatments and then its about time for bed. I was just thinking the other day that I could use like 3-4 more hours a day. Sat are filled with basketball and then a part time job at night. Sun is church, clean, wash, homework. It's just like a big old cycle - have soo mush to do and no time!!!