what are you supposed to be doing

MYBOY

I am usually at work when I check in - (breaks, lunch) I never have time at home!! I work full time. I usually walk or do dishes & start wash at 5:20am (6 if I skip walking and do wishes and wash). I have 2 loads of wash started before I leave the house at 7:30 - then hubby finishes it and gets Tanner to school. I take my daughter and then go to work by 8. We only do night treatments so that helps alot (unless on TOBI or sick) which I realize might change some day. My husband is self employed so he can start when he wants and usually runs the errands and picks up kids. I get off work at 4:30 then do supper, dishes, homework - (by the way they get soo much anymore), treatments and then its about time for bed. I was just thinking the other day that I could use like 3-4 more hours a day. Sat are filled with basketball and then a part time job at night. Sun is church, clean, wash, homework. It's just like a big old cycle - have soo mush to do and no time!!!

MYBOY

I am usually at work when I check in - (breaks, lunch) I never have time at home!! I work full time. I usually walk or do dishes & start wash at 5:20am (6 if I skip walking and do wishes and wash). I have 2 loads of wash started before I leave the house at 7:30 - then hubby finishes it and gets Tanner to school. I take my daughter and then go to work by 8. We only do night treatments so that helps alot (unless on TOBI or sick) which I realize might change some day. My husband is self employed so he can start when he wants and usually runs the errands and picks up kids. I get off work at 4:30 then do supper, dishes, homework - (by the way they get soo much anymore), treatments and then its about time for bed. I was just thinking the other day that I could use like 3-4 more hours a day. Sat are filled with basketball and then a part time job at night. Sun is church, clean, wash, homework. It's just like a big old cycle - have soo mush to do and no time!!!

SuperRyan

That about sums up why we feel we are always running around. I feel out of breath after ready the last post. I had to laugh at the part regarding decluttering the living room. The life of a toddler.

SuperRyan

That about sums up why we feel we are always running around. I feel out of breath after ready the last post. I had to laugh at the part regarding decluttering the living room. The life of a toddler.

SuperRyan

PACmommy

I'm impressed with the schedule that you are all able to maintain. Need a vacation just reading it!
I was working part-time when Ainsley was diagnosed and decided to quit, since my concerns were all at home and I couldn't focus on the task that I was doing.
I decided that I would rather tighten my belt buckle a bit, than be so stressed out that I couldn't function, I also felt the need to spend more time at home.
It's not like my husband makes alot of money either. He's now on his 3rd job in a year, this ones finally a good one.
Do you guys all feel like the hussle and bussle is worth it, or would you rather slow down a bit?

PACmommy

I'm impressed with the schedule that you are all able to maintain. Need a vacation just reading it!
I was working part-time when Ainsley was diagnosed and decided to quit, since my concerns were all at home and I couldn't focus on the task that I was doing.
I decided that I would rather tighten my belt buckle a bit, than be so stressed out that I couldn't function, I also felt the need to spend more time at home.
It's not like my husband makes alot of money either. He's now on his 3rd job in a year, this ones finally a good one.
Do you guys all feel like the hussle and bussle is worth it, or would you rather slow down a bit?

PACmommy

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I was probably worse, more stressed out, depressed when I was home. I was a bit obsessive with him -- he wasn't eating enough, was he breathing to fast, was that a cough, was that spit up or is he getting sick... Would hold him constantly, rock him and cry. Worry about everything...

When I first went back to work, it was kind of a relief. I still worried about DS, would check up on him during the day and I missed him, but I could focus on something else besides CF. I knew he was in good hands and he was happy.

He's a busy guy. Loves going to preschool, swimming and gymnastics. Just melts my heart when he asks "will you play with me". And we play with his dinosaurs, buzz lightyear, action figures, castles.

A couple of weeks ago, I got bronchitis and was home sick for two days. When I wasn't sleeping, I was crying. Worrying about DS, worrying I was going to get him sick, worrying about the future, worrying about when he goes to kindergarten in 1 1/2 years...

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I was probably worse, more stressed out, depressed when I was home. I was a bit obsessive with him -- he wasn't eating enough, was he breathing to fast, was that a cough, was that spit up or is he getting sick... Would hold him constantly, rock him and cry. Worry about everything...

When I first went back to work, it was kind of a relief. I still worried about DS, would check up on him during the day and I missed him, but I could focus on something else besides CF. I knew he was in good hands and he was happy.

He's a busy guy. Loves going to preschool, swimming and gymnastics. Just melts my heart when he asks "will you play with me". And we play with his dinosaurs, buzz lightyear, action figures, castles.

A couple of weeks ago, I got bronchitis and was home sick for two days. When I wasn't sleeping, I was crying. Worrying about DS, worrying I was going to get him sick, worrying about the future, worrying about when he goes to kindergarten in 1 1/2 years...

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

SuperRyan

Of course I think everyone would like to slow down at some point but I feel that hustle and bustle keeps me sharp as to what needs to be done and when. I don't think I would know what to do without the "organized" chaios.

I also feel that my work gives me an outlet to take a breather from the constant worrying about Ryan's condition. My 15 yo stepson just got diagnosed with epilepsy so work is even now, more than ever, an outlet for me to unwind. Imagine that, unwind at work.

Quick question: I was looking at a gymnastics class for my little guy but was worried about him being in to large of a group germs etc....He is an active guy as well and I want him to be involved. Now that he is almost 3 I feel that it is a good time. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

SuperRyan

Of course I think everyone would like to slow down at some point but I feel that hustle and bustle keeps me sharp as to what needs to be done and when. I don't think I would know what to do without the "organized" chaios.

I also feel that my work gives me an outlet to take a breather from the constant worrying about Ryan's condition. My 15 yo stepson just got diagnosed with epilepsy so work is even now, more than ever, an outlet for me to unwind. Imagine that, unwind at work.

Quick question: I was looking at a gymnastics class for my little guy but was worried about him being in to large of a group germs etc....He is an active guy as well and I want him to be involved. Now that he is almost 3 I feel that it is a good time. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

SuperRyan

ktsmom

Since coming to this board I have constantly been impressed with people's abilities to stick to treatment schedules amongst all the other stuff, no matter what. Liza in particular comes to mind.

The math actually does work, for us financially, for both of us to work outside the home. But ONLY because I have incredible flexibility at my job (translation: I can bring work home and do it at 2 a.m.!) My husband's situation is much more rigid as far as the day-to-day, but he has really good benefits. He works 9 hour days and gets every other Friday off. Right about now he should be putting away groceries!

The kids are in GREAT situations, too, so that helps a bunch. They both go to the same school, and we have the most fantastic home-based babysitter ever. Katy goes to preschool MWF and the babysitter's Tue/Thurs. I'm not sure she has the stamina right now for full-time school. If we hadn't found the absolute right situation for her, I'd probably be singing a different tune about us both working.

Dana
Mom to Katy (3, cf) and Kyra (6, no cf)

ktsmom

Since coming to this board I have constantly been impressed with people's abilities to stick to treatment schedules amongst all the other stuff, no matter what. Liza in particular comes to mind.

The math actually does work, for us financially, for both of us to work outside the home. But ONLY because I have incredible flexibility at my job (translation: I can bring work home and do it at 2 a.m.!) My husband's situation is much more rigid as far as the day-to-day, but he has really good benefits. He works 9 hour days and gets every other Friday off. Right about now he should be putting away groceries!

The kids are in GREAT situations, too, so that helps a bunch. They both go to the same school, and we have the most fantastic home-based babysitter ever. Katy goes to preschool MWF and the babysitter's Tue/Thurs. I'm not sure she has the stamina right now for full-time school. If we hadn't found the absolute right situation for her, I'd probably be singing a different tune about us both working.

Dana

ktsmom

Dana

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Certain things go by the wayside though. My house isn't as clean as I'd like it to be. Mainly the clutter factor drive me bonkers. I tend to fix a lot of convenience items for dinner -- should really dust off the slow cooker.

And I used to be an avid reader -- now I can squeeze in 20 minutes before bed while Max is doing his vest, hanging out with DH and watching cartoons & snacking. Or a few minutes while he's in the tub.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Certain things go by the wayside though. My house isn't as clean as I'd like it to be. Mainly the clutter factor drive me bonkers. I tend to fix a lot of convenience items for dinner -- should really dust off the slow cooker.

And I used to be an avid reader -- now I can squeeze in 20 minutes before bed while Max is doing his vest, hanging out with DH and watching cartoons & snacking. Or a few minutes while he's in the tub.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member