What do you pack for school lunches?

MicheleGazelle

I don't eat sandwiches very often. Some things I take to work with me for lunch and snacks:
Leftover organic noodles cooked in natural gravy. Potatoes cooked with sea salt, a little water, organic butter, and a little onion or red pepper. Homemade egg dumplings without the soup. Mjeddrah with crackers or corn chips for dipping. Homemade corn salsa and corn chips or organic potato chips. Quaker instant organic oatmeal. Yo-baby yogurt. Leftover very crispy bacon from the night before. White cheddar Cheetohs. Homemade flat bread.

MicheleGazelle

I don't eat sandwiches very often. Some things I take to work with me for lunch and snacks:
Leftover organic noodles cooked in natural gravy. Potatoes cooked with sea salt, a little water, organic butter, and a little onion or red pepper. Homemade egg dumplings without the soup. Mjeddrah with crackers or corn chips for dipping. Homemade corn salsa and corn chips or organic potato chips. Quaker instant organic oatmeal. Yo-baby yogurt. Leftover very crispy bacon from the night before. White cheddar Cheetohs. Homemade flat bread.

MicheleGazelle

MicheleGazelle

MicheleGazelle

<br />Leftover organic noodles cooked in natural gravy. Potatoes cooked with sea salt, a little water, organic butter, and a little onion or red pepper. Homemade egg dumplings without the soup. Mjeddrah with crackers or corn chips for dipping. Homemade corn salsa and corn chips or organic potato chips. Quaker instant organic oatmeal. Yo-baby yogurt. Leftover very crispy bacon from the night before. White cheddar Cheetohs. Homemade flat bread.

DEES4

My son started k-5 last week and he also has lunch at 10:30 but they also have two snack times during the day. Is there a microwave available for your child to heat up their food? My son goes to a private school and hot lunches are not provided. So we have to send his lunch everyday. They do have microwaves though and that makes finding something to send a lot easier. Some of the things I have sent for him so far include: fully cooked chicken nuggets, chicken legs (from KFC), Crazy Bread (from Little Ceasers), kids cuisines, lunchables that have the bologna, cheese and crackers, barbeque chips, marshmallows with chocolate chips, trix yogourts. I also send ketchup in a plastic container because he loves to dip his chicken and chips in it. I buy the crazy bread and the chicken legs the night before and send it cold and his teacher heats it up for him. I know how hard it is to think of stuff to send that they will acutally eat. I have also sat my son down and told him how important it is that he eats as much as he can at school. I also feed him a good fattening breakfast before he goes to school and I have him a snack for after school so he can get started in the car as soon as I pick him up (if you allow eating in your car)!! Good luck to you!!!

DEES4

My son started k-5 last week and he also has lunch at 10:30 but they also have two snack times during the day. Is there a microwave available for your child to heat up their food? My son goes to a private school and hot lunches are not provided. So we have to send his lunch everyday. They do have microwaves though and that makes finding something to send a lot easier. Some of the things I have sent for him so far include: fully cooked chicken nuggets, chicken legs (from KFC), Crazy Bread (from Little Ceasers), kids cuisines, lunchables that have the bologna, cheese and crackers, barbeque chips, marshmallows with chocolate chips, trix yogourts. I also send ketchup in a plastic container because he loves to dip his chicken and chips in it. I buy the crazy bread and the chicken legs the night before and send it cold and his teacher heats it up for him. I know how hard it is to think of stuff to send that they will acutally eat. I have also sat my son down and told him how important it is that he eats as much as he can at school. I also feed him a good fattening breakfast before he goes to school and I have him a snack for after school so he can get started in the car as soon as I pick him up (if you allow eating in your car)!! Good luck to you!!!

DEES4

DEES4

DEES4

Justsmurfin

I used to frustrate my mom...I hardly ever ate lunch at school. To top that off I had daily cough till you puke episodes in the morning so breakfast never was a good thing and I skipped that most days...

One thing that was always a winner was chicken noodle soup in thermos and some crackers. That was one I would always eat! My mom used to do the lipton brand which is really salty as well.

Ever tried Sun Butter? its made out of sunflower seeds and is totally nut/peanut free....is about the same texture as PB and tastes great.

Instead of traditional sandwiches..using pita bread or tortillas?

My mom also always made a big afterschool snack for my brother and I...cheese potatoes, chicken noodles etc

I was also more likely to eat snack type things...carrot sticks, apple slices, chips

Justsmurfin

I used to frustrate my mom...I hardly ever ate lunch at school. To top that off I had daily cough till you puke episodes in the morning so breakfast never was a good thing and I skipped that most days...

One thing that was always a winner was chicken noodle soup in thermos and some crackers. That was one I would always eat! My mom used to do the lipton brand which is really salty as well.

Ever tried Sun Butter? its made out of sunflower seeds and is totally nut/peanut free....is about the same texture as PB and tastes great.

My mom also always made a big afterschool snack for my brother and I...cheese potatoes, chicken noodles etc

I was also more likely to eat snack type things...carrot sticks, apple slices, chips

Justsmurfin

Justsmurfin

Justsmurfin

<br />
<br />One thing that was always a winner was chicken noodle soup in thermos and some crackers. That was one I would always eat! My mom used to do the lipton brand which is really salty as well.
<br />
<br />Ever tried Sun Butter? its made out of sunflower seeds and is totally nut/peanut free....is about the same texture as PB and tastes great.
<br />
<br />Instead of traditional sandwiches..using pita bread or tortillas?
<br />
<br />My mom also always made a big afterschool snack for my brother and I...cheese potatoes, chicken noodles etc
<br />
<br />I was also more likely to eat snack type things...carrot sticks, apple slices, chips

V

valigirl21

My son's a snacker not an eater, so I send things like chips, snack-sized bags of marshmallows, fruit slices, zucchini slices, those types of things. Sometimes I do the toddler lunchables b/c he just doesn't eat that much. He also loves fried chiken so I send leftovers whenever we have it. Yogurt is always a winner, as is popcorn.

V

valigirl21

My son's a snacker not an eater, so I send things like chips, snack-sized bags of marshmallows, fruit slices, zucchini slices, those types of things. Sometimes I do the toddler lunchables b/c he just doesn't eat that much. He also loves fried chiken so I send leftovers whenever we have it. Yogurt is always a winner, as is popcorn.

V

valigirl21

V

valigirl21

V

valigirl21